San Fran, CA WonderCon table set-up and Dinner/social - April 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone want to come out and celebrate April fools day with us and help set up the SFFF table for WonderCon?

TABLE SET-UP MEETING TIME: 3:30

MEETING PLACE Our plan is to meet up in the parking structure across the street from Moscone South . (we should exchange phone numbers via PM). "Moscone Center Parking structure" on 3rd street in between Folsom and Howard st. "P2" ON THIS MAP>

We will have to make one or two trips carrying items from Matt and Kathy's cars over to the convention center. So a few helping hands would be great. We will be hauling in items for the Rebel Legion Table, SFFF table, and Matt may have a couple of things to bring in for the 501st table.

If for some reason you miss us in the Moscone Garage, please meet us in the entrance of Moscone South at exhibitor registration. We will get set-up entrance passes for the volunteers here, but we need to know who is coming in advance so we can ask for the correct number of passes.

Table Set-up - roughly 4:00-5:00 or 6:30. We need to set up our booths as quickly as possible because after we set up the booths we need some time to scout out the convention center for indoor photo shoot locations. Set-up hours for exhibitors end at 7:00pm

Dinner Social: roughly 7:15 (as soon as we can get out of the convention center and walk over there).
    Where: California Pizza Kitchen - Even if you can't make it to the set-up, we'd love to get together with everyone at CPK Smile
    Address: 53 3rd Street, San Francisco - (415) 278-0443

Dancing at Cat Club: Thursday has usually been 80's night. Hopefully it still is!

http://www.sfcatclub.com/index.html
    Time: Probably around 9:30 to avoid cover charge
    address:
    1190 Folsom Street
    San Francisco, CA 94103-3927
    (415) 703-8964

---------------------------------------
    Sign-ups for table set-up

JedHead (Matt) - helping with RL, 501st and SFFF set-up
    KayDee (Kathy) - helping with RL & SFFF set-up
    Nebelwerfer (Tom) - helping with RL & SFFF set-up
    AnasianSkywalker (Dale) - helping with Rebel Legion set-up

-----------------------------------------

Sign-ups for Dinner

Kay Dee (will try to go to Cat Club too if I'm not too tired or have too much last minute prep to do for the con on Friday)
  2. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't make set up due to work but I will find you guys when I get off, probably around 8:30. I assume you guys will still be at the Ca Pizza Kitchen.
  3. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Rachel - the dinner is for Friday night? Bummer...Sean and I will be there on Saturday. See you guys there!
  4. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    No - there are dinners Thurs, Fri and Sat nights! :D Thurs is the pre-con set-up dinner. Friday is the RL/501st dinner which SFFF members can attend as guests of RL/501st members. (I think the payment deadline may have passed on this one, though, leaving limited drop-in openings. Not sure, I haven't been keeping track.) Sat is the SFFF dinner. We haven't decided yet where to go for the Sat dinner.
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Payment is due today at 12 noon. After today, it goes up from $25 per person to $28. You must be a guest of a Rebel Legion or 501st member, and there can be walk-ins as well. But there may be limited seating for those. There will also be VIP's in attendance, as well as a charity raffle.
  6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    This is going to be the first WonderCon I've missed in the last several years. Still recuperating from bronchitis--Dr. said cough could hang on for several months.

I'll be with you guys in spirit, tho!!

7. Nebelwerfer Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Sorry you wont be able to go, We'll miss ya. Get well soon.
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, since we have not had many people sign up for the dinner... I would like to propose as soon as we finish table set up and scouting out our photo shoot location we hustle over to dinner. The earlier I get home the better. I have a costume to finish tonight, a new poster to make for our booth, and a few more things to print.

Plus, I have to pack and prepare all my costumes!!!

So if we can possible meet at CPK before 7:00 that would help me out a ton.

So far I think it is me, Matt, Dale, Tom, (Rachel for dinner only), Scott, Jessica, Roberto (maybe just set-up) Scott and Pam (maybe just set-up if they arrive in SF early). I was not sure if Dbuck was joining us for table set-up too. I think I have everyone's phone number so can always text you guys if you are not online this afternoon checking the forums.

If there is anyone I missed... post really quickly! I'm heading out soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.