main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Wonderfest 2015

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 29, 2015.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    We're about a month away from WonderFest...anyone going (besides Jammies?)
    I'll probably go on Sunday to avoid the Saturday crush.

http://www.wonderfest.com/

2. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Not too sure about us going at this time.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Not sure about me having anything to show at this time. :(

(Naboo Starfighter- one color, easy right? Nope.)

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Even if you don't have anything to show you're still going right? Just to shop and visit with friends?

If you want I still have a snap tite kit laying around. I hear the judges like those...it's pre-painted and everything.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    "Wouldn't miss it."

Of course. I didn't start putting things in the contest until about '09, but have been going to WF for much much longer. It looks to be fun, shopping and friends aside.

http://www.wonderfest.com/
    I'd like to check out that Star Trek fan film. I've never seen an episode, but I gotta respect fans that just decide to up and do a new season of their favorite cancelled show.
    I am too young to remember anything GErry Anderson did, and Lost in Space* is not my favorite-- but the voice of Zorack! And someone for the old ILM always shows up.

Oh, and models. I like models. I may have the N1 done in a week. It won't win any awards, but it is fun to play.

Jammies

PS Mika: the snap tite comments was very much appreciated :) This year there will be a rule change regarding pre-painted entries (your welcome).
    *Honestly, what is the deal with Lost in Space? If they are so lost, why do they keep running into humans? And why do they keep the professor around when he keeps trying to kill everyone? And what is Robbie the Robot supposed to do about anything when he doesn't have legs or arms that work?

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Way to go Jammies!!

Sorry I bailed on this but I got my bills from Anaheim and I was worried I'd go crazy in the Dealer room.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, I didn't buy that much this year. I was hoping to, but no one was selling anything I didn't already have-- or else it was something I would "like" but not "need." I did pick up a "how to paint models" book (my old one had examples of paint that they don't make anymore), an airbrush cleaner kit, and the new Bandi X-wing, and would have picked up the Y-wing and maybe the R2-D2/ R4 combo kt.

But, my friend and dealer for my resin addiction wasn't there this year-- so I just didn't have that much to buy. I also didn't see an Iron Man in Hulkbuster ("go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep...") armor that wasn't a toy. I have too many star wars kits to start deviating now, but I'd build a kit of that.

I was really shocked that I won anything. The last thing I did to my kit (at 6:00am on Saturday morning) was spray an acrylic dull coat on. Well, I have no idea how or why-- but soon after doing so, the decals started to turn white and the paint on the hull started to bubble and then disappear. It looked like a leopard. Broken hearted I did the only thing I knew to do, flood the kit with charcoal dust and call it "blast damage." You can see the big black mark in the pic above. I guess the judges were bedazeled by my chrome job, and my marbled floor base.

I saw the best R2 D2 (droid, not kit). He had movie quality lights and super articulate. Watching Artoo interact with kids was fun.

No snap-tite kits won this year! But I did see some weak sauce entries: a Hasbro B-wing with action figure, more snap tites, and then some lego kits. Legos. Dudes. Legos. But, at least the judges had wisdom enough to just take their money, let them show their models, and then ignore them for the rest of the weekend.

I didn't go to any panels or shows this time, too busy talking to people! Borris Karlof's daughter looks like her dad-- and that isn't a good thing.

Awards Winning Jammies

9. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    You know Jammies as a fellow modeler, one of these days I am going to have to check out your collection, because it sounds like you have the most amazing amount of stuff out there, and all very well done from everything I have seen. I need to get more into Star Wars modeling and more out of Warhammer Fantasy.

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  10. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    How was Wonderfest?

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Fun!
    (see above)

Only 2 others, that I know of, where there: 11 and Dar. As they don't post much Jedi Lightside, you may just have to take my word for it.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, thanks DarthLupine. I don't know if I am that great, and I certainly have more "to build" then built, but thanks and you bet. Maybe I aught to take more pics?

13. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    You absolutely should take more pics!!