main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Wonderfest is this weekend-- The Thread !

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    It's here! Chrsitmas for sci fi model geeks!

So, who all is coming?

My Y-wing is pretty much patched up (hey, they are the workhorses of the Rebellion right? So what if there is some "battle damage").

I hate to sound trite, but, I'd really like to win something this year (my 6th time in the contest). Sure, I do it for me, and it is neat to see little kids go WOW over something I made but...

I'm a geeky guy who lives alone with little painted pieces of plastic, and I want to be an award winning geeky guy who lives alone with little painted pieces of plastic

So, here is the Y:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DyAMRqeUFN3E-dZ7i0W1bQ?feat=directlink

Here is entry number 2:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n2YN2N4JyjAhFTPLnGRjBQ?feat=directlink

And number 3 (the cruiser to the Left)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gbEsrlUqnVx0iCoZNR7IoQ?feat=directlink

Wish me luck!

Jammies

2. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I'm so psyched!! I have everything ready, save for charging my camera batteries.. I even have my shopping list (which will, in all probability, go right out the window the moment I walk into the dealers' room). :)

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Me Too!

As I will be at work till about 2, I won't catch up with you all till then. Feel free to text me if you see something cool I need to buy.

My kits are done, and have been handed of to the Louisville City Rep (in good hands). I hope this year is my year to win a merit.

I have no shopping list. Just a lot (a lot) of derby money that needs to be exchanged for resin.

Kesh check your PMs. Dork.

Me. Joe. Kesh. Edric the White. Mike EL.... who else is coming?

(Sleep over at Jammies's place? We can make waffles!)

Jammies

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    http://kitbash.net/wf2009/

pics

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes it is 'The Morning After' in regards to my grand Wonderfest gluttony blitz. Now I have what one should label - WonderLAG. Oh, but what fun it was! I scored big...BIG...this year. Found everything I needed. Here be the list of 2009 spoils-

1. Space:1999 Eagle Transporter. Produced by Dinky Corporation back in the mid-1970s. Not MIB, but intact!

2. Space:1999 Eagle Freighter(A). Produced by Dinky Corporation back in the mid-1970s. Not MIB, but intact!

3. Space:1999 Eagle Freighter(B). Produced by Product Enterprise Liminted/Tin12. Distributed by FAB. Ordered and now awaiting arrival at my doorstep. Drool!

4. Space:1999 - Digest Comic Book. Produced by Charleton Press back in the mid-1970s. A fond childhood item lost and now found!

5. Star Wars: E-wing Starfighter. Resin model kit. Ties into my SW fan-fiction project. Yoda Jammies prepare to construct an E-wing Starfighter - Type B that belongs to Joust Squadron.

6. War Of The Worlds - Martian War Machine. Based on the classic George Pal film. Fully constructed and properly sinister for display - even has a gold shine to hull and green 'windshield' and 'wingtips'. The ship's death ray seems to 'shout' - "DISINTEGRATION!" with its cobra head like design. I caqn just hear that rattlesnake-like sound as the death ray is looking for a target. Drool!

7. Walt Disney's The Black Hole - V.I.N.C.E.N.T. robot model kit. Produced by MPC in 1979. MIB! Can put it right next to the Maximillian robot model kit.

So there is my list of spoils. Next year the goal will be to score a Babylon 5 - Omega Class Destroyer model kit, a Black Hole derived model kit based upon the Cygnus, a 1970s die-cast X-wing starfighter, a 1970s die-cast TIE starfighter, V (1980s alien invasion TV-movie) action figure, another Babylon 5 - Thunderbolt starfighter, a Battlestar Galactica model - the Space Park Ring Ship, a Battlestar Galactica model kit - a 'Blackbird' Roslin model kit, a Battlestar Galactica model kit - a Stealthstar Recon Ship. Oh and whatever else tickles my spending bone. So now I must begin banking account recovery mode...oh, wait...new Star Wars novels, new Dune novels, the COMPLETE Battlestar Galactica DVD set have my number. Care to donate to the Ulkesh2 charity fund? Ol'Kesh needs YOUR money! (to feed his addiction) HEH-HEH-HEH.

6. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    It was defninitely a good day at WonderFest. Mike and I stayed for the late night showing of the "Cadavra" sequel (which was hilarious BTW) so we rolled back into E'Ville about 2AM. I'll be posting my pics soon.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm going to chime in like Kesh, and admit I have a resin addiction. Prewonderfest, post derby, I dropped 200$ on 3 kits: one 1/72 Tie Bomber, one 1/72 V-wing, and the battlestar Peggy. At WF (after telling myself not to get anyhting) I got a bar of soap of Han in carbonite, masking decals for tie fighters, sticky tacky stuff for displaying models, and then I dropped another 150$ on a 12 inch resin Aclimator class SD, a trade ferdation troop lander, and decals.

I did not pick up a merit award, like I was hoping.

Instead, I got TWO much more impresive bronze awards (plural, cuz there are two!).

Jammies

8. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Kudos to Jammies on his 2 bronzes!!! You deserve 'em, man!!

Here's my WF 2009 gallery

Some pics were taken by my friend (with a much better quality cam than mine). Enjoy!

9. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Congratulations man! That's awesome! =D=

Who was selling the Tie Bomber and for how much?

I don't remember seeing it.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks guys, I totally wasn't expecting to win anything higher than a merit (if win anything at all), and was floored to win TWO bronze awards (out of the dozen or so that they gave out). TWO!

Mike, you didn't see it at wonderfest. It's on-line from Fantastic Plastic, he has a sale going on this month. It too, is a resin kit.

Jammies, the awards (plural) winning Star Wars modeler!

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Look it:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZwmfJOObHBWXe5-1u2746Q?feat=directlink

W00T!

Jammies (3rd best modeler in North America, twice)

12. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    [image=http://www.dyksterhouse.org/~martin/albums/wondercontest09/148_4804.sized.jpg]

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Sweet. I still love that I added 2 ewoks. With spears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.