Wonderfest Meeting 5-23-07

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Mike-El, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think it may be a good idea for those going to Wonderfest to meet up Wednesday evening @ Borders to finalize plans such as departure times, Skyline Chili, that sort of thing.

Anyone a go?
  2. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wednesday is the 23rd, but yeah I can make it! :)
  3. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Have a good time, guys, and make sure you bring back lots of pics for the MySpace page.
  4. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    i dont believe i will be attending this fest now i thought i could but i cannot..
  5. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh, Mike we did Skyline Chili (many times)...let's do the Old Spaghetti Factory this time.
    [face_shame_on_you]
    :D
  6. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's the beginning of the Skyline-Spaghetti Factory wars!! I know which side I'm on. :)
  7. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Another reason NOT to go to CIV...

Official site states NO footage of the CGI Clone Wars will be shown at CIV. So there you have it folks. Wonderfest is indeed the better place to go for some sci-fi fun. Better on the wallet, better for lack of overly long lines, better for parking, better for dining out, better internal planning and organizational experience, better for no special taxes, better location. Once again I feel so sorry for those going to CIV. They will have none of the mind easing merits of Wonderfest. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
  8. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! Joe wants to join Mike and me at Old Spaghetti Factory! Anyone else?
  9. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very funny, Ulkesh.. Perhaps we should discuss this at the bookstore tomorrow night. I mean, whomever's driving should probably determine the eating establishment, right? Plus, Skyline is very near the comic shop don't forget.. :) :)
  10. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    I won't be able to attend the meeting Wednesday, but if you could send the itinerary to me via PM, would be great. I'll still be able to attend this weekend if you guys don't cancel or something :).
  11. Yoda_Jammies Shelf of Shame - 2nd Place

Game Winner
    star 4
    If we could meet on THURSDAY, I can show up!

Jammies
  12. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jammies, are you departing from the Evansville area Saturday? If we're all planning on going one vehicle, "we're gonna need a bigger boat". :)
  13. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ulkesh is driving up by himself cause he will be leaving to spend this Sunday with his mom. So if Jammies is going to Louisville and coming back to Evansville then I figure that Joe would drive and Jammies and I could spring for gas.

We are going to mmet tommorrow May 23 @ 7:00pm at Borders.

Ulkesh and I are going to meet up with Yoda Jammies and who ever else can make it on Thursday night @ 7:00 at Borders.

Sound good.
  14. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll start cleaning out my car now, I should have it done by Saturday.. :)

So, we're meeting tonight AND tomorrow night, is that right?
  15. Yoda_Jammies Shelf of Shame - 2nd Place

Game Winner
    star 4
  16. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mike-El---Gonna need a short list of what your "minutes" were in those meetings for Wonderfest. If you guys are coming back to E'ville on Saturday, I have a boat, can easily hold 4 large guys with plenty of beer room :)

Appreciate it so I can get my stuff to go!
  17. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    nevermind I just called in a personal day for tonight woo-hoo. See you guys down there tonight!

btw--are we eating afterwards or what?
  18. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Joe, I know that you may be busy with work so I wanted to accomodate all that I could so all who can attend tonight and tommorrow night can make it.

So if you can make it both days then that's great, I just didn't want to do a sudden switching of gears and change it on you especially if your taking the time to make it tonight.

We all can geek out like we always do.
  19. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    We are meeting at 8 tonight if anyone wants to stop by.
  20. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, I'm going to be spending the night down in Evansville with some friends, if you guys have an alternative place to meet that would be fine and it'd be closer for all of you, I just don't want to have to put you folks out.

Gimme a call on my cell if you want to discuss it further or anything, shouldn't be too awefully hard to orchestrate getting four people to change plans less than 24 hours prior to an event! lol, nah, Joe or whoever can just gimme a holler, heck we could hang out Friday night (gonna go see Pirates of the Carri).

Later.
  21. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be working 6-9pm Friday night, but since you'll be in town Gannor it certainly makes sense to meet somewhere in Evansville.. Mike, what do you think?
  22. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    If we are talking about meeting tonight to hang out Ulkesh, myself, and Joe will be at Turoni's @9pm

If you talking about departing for Wonderfest then the parking lot @ Wal-Mart East would be a good idea.

When will be a good time? The one we originally planned before?
  23. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey here's my cell # 8127663489. I wouldn't mind meeting at 6:30 a.m. still and the Wally-world pl is just fine. Park close to McDonald's part of it and you'll see me roll in around 6:25a.m. or so (I'm always very punctual lol!). Anyway on the matter of dress attire I didn't have any idea on what to wear, so don't kick my rear that I'm wearing a pair of khaki's and dress shirt with my Anakin tie hehe.

Later bro's, get some ho's (roflcopter!)
  24. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Off to the Fest of Wonder!
  25. GannorAton Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOWZORZ!!!

Wonderfest was the coolest ever, I really feel deep sympathy for those who had to work and weren't able to go, ask off next year we'd love to have you come along!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.