main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Wondering about any conventions or such...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by beavermatic, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beavermatic

beavermatic Jedi Master

Jun 21, 2005
    hey all,

new to the forums, but a huge star wars fan nonetheless.... live right here in batavia, ohio (about 15 miles from cinci) and a bit curious to where i might be able to find the large star wars conventions and how to obtain tickets, as well as when they occur. My girlfriend and I are looking forward to going to one, as well as finding more "local" star wars fan-based parties/picnics/etc right here in cinci, and from the looks of just this fan forum, it doesnt seem like that will be a problem ;-)

j

2. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    There aren't any big conventions coming up that I know of since we just wrapped up CIII at the end of April. Just keep yout eye on the board for events. As you can see we are having a picnic on the 17th of July. Hope to see you at one of our meetings soon!

3. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    The next sort of major con coming up in Ohio is Origins in Columbus June 30 - July 3, 2005. http://www.originsgames.com/ It is a gaming con, mostly for card games, table top games, some video games, ands the dealers room is mostly gaming stuff as well. No Star Wars celebrities will be there. However there will be a small Droid Hunt run by the Ohio Garrison. Which is always fun.

Next major con after that is Dragon*con! September 2-5, however its in Atlanta, but it's a huge party con with thousands of people from all over coming and it is America's largest, multi-media, popular arts convention?focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film.

And its not a con but there is the Cincinnati Pops concert on July 8th and 9th where the ywill be playing music from all six Star Wars movies.

4. Wes-Janson

Wes-Janson Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    yeah, Dragon*Con is probably your best bet, I'll be going to that one, and I've heard its quite the place to be, even on par with CIII

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Right now they just have Steve Sansweet scheduled, but Wizard World Chicago is usually good for one or two Star Wars guests. I recommend checking their website (Wizard World Chicago) once or twice a week to see if they've added anybody.

The Chicago Force also hosts an annual Fan Force dinner that I'm crossing my fingers I'll actually be able to attend this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.