Wookiee Jedi Lightsabers?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by davisjaron, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin
  1. davisjaron Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey... I'm looking for someone who can make a custom lightsaber for my costume. I would prefer something that can be custom but can also work with effects if possible.

Mainly I am just after the hilt though. My costume is a wookiee jedi, I guess you could call me Lowbaca if you wanted, but I'm not sure what lowbaca wears, lol.

I am wanting the wookiee weapons type of look incorporated into a lightsaber hilt. Like how it has the elegant medieval gold look.

Any ideas for looks or someone who could make it?
  2. Tramp Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I can't help with the lightsaber, but I can answer your question about what Lowbacca wears. The only things he wears are a woven belt made from fibres collected from the carnivorous Siryn plant, with his Miniature Translator Droid (MTD) attached. His fur is ginger in color (a golden brown) with a black streak running from just above his left eyebrow, up over his head, and down his back to the waist. I would also check the cover of some of the YJK books to see what Lowbacca's lightsaber looks like.
  3. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'm sorry but asking after unlicensed costumes/props is against the forum rules:

-No soliciting. This includes creating threads with the sole purpose of asking where to purchase unlicensed costumes and props or asking for someone to make and sell you an unlicensed costume and/or prop.

Please see the Welcome and thread index for all our forum policies.
    Thanks!
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Why not just make your own hardware saber? You could do it with plumbing pipe but something big enough for a Wookiee would probably be a bit less expensive to use PVC. You can incorporate some more organic things like leather straps to wrap the hilt and give it a round pommel like the end of the "bow" on a bowcaster has.

Since it's for a Wookiee it would make sense to have an extra-long hilt and something a bit wider than your standard design. An "average" hilt is anywhere from 9-14" long (depending on how you want you grip to look and any acessories that may be attached) and will be between 1-1.5" in diameter. For something that would be Wookiee-sized you could probably go with a hilt that's about 16-20" long and to help keep some type of scale it should probably be at least 2" in diameter.

Just a thought. Don't know what kind of resources you have but PVC is real easy to work with and as long as you take the time to give it a good paint job it can look really good.
  5. Koza_Toragh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You know, with all these lightsber threads clogging this section, why not have an entire section devoted to them? Easier it would be, I think.
  6. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Do you mean their very own sabre forum? Sape will never approve that! [face_laugh]

How about this - stick to the existing threads instead of creating new ones.
Moderators: Briannakin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.