main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wookiee Nookie [ISSR]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [Thanks to JadeSolo and the rest of the mods for looking this over and giving me the thumbs-up on it to post... :D

(And especially
    Healer_Leona, who suggested the title!)

The usual disclaimers apply: Star Wars, the GFFA, and probably most of the Void belong to George Lucas; this is an individual critical and artistic response to the Star Wars mythos...

And remember: we're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Sea of Stars! [face_peace] :cool:]

The Council Chamber feels like the very focus of the Force. Sunlight streams through the broad widows, and the vistas of an endless city and a boundless sky are almost too vast to comprehend.

Inside the Chamber, a ring of Masters are seated in their chairs, their thoughts serious in the Force ? their collective attention settled on the open space defined by the circle of their seats.

Jaina Solo steps into the centre, and stops. She settles her weight on her heels, adjusts the rhythm of her breathing, and her eyelids flutter shut, as she organizes herself around the life of the twins in her belly.

?Jedi Solo,? Uncle Luke asks, and she blinks her eyes, and looks at him.

?One moment,? she replies. She?s always been a fighter, and she doesn?t even need to think to understand her role as defender of the life she?s now guarding. Perhaps everything else has just been a training for this.

She straightens her back a little, and breathes out.

?Okay,? she nods. ?I?m ready now.?

She feels a ripple of unease from the assembled Masters. The pregnancy shows clearly on her slight frame, her belly curved out gracefully between the lapels of her Jedi robe.

She allows a smile to play across her lips, and gently lulls her babies for a moment.

She looks around the room at them ? surprised at the clarity with which she can see them. Aunt Mara is unreadable, hiding behind her caution. Corran Horn feels like he?d rather be somewhere else.

She offers Kyp Durron an apologetic smile, which he answers by shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

Last of all, she settles her gaze on her uncle again.

?Master Skywalker?? she asks.

He looks back at her: blue eyes that shine like desert skies, a face that seems softer as well as wiser because of the scars, and iron-blond hair still worn in a short military style.

He sits lightly in the Grand Master?s throne, with the poise of an X-wing pilot

?Jaina,? he says. ?Jedi Solo. I take it you don?t deny that you used the Force to help you conceive the twins you?re currently so visibly expecting...??

From his place by the door ? beyond the ring of Masters? chairs ? Lowie growls an answer.

She grins to hear the music of his voice, but she waves her hand at him, gently batting his concern for her away.

?It?s okay, Streak, I can handle this.? As she speaks, she thinks better of it, though. She turns and glances over her shoulder at him.

She meets his bright blue eyes, and her smile becomes an echo of his bared fangs.

Say hello to daddy, she whispers to her son and daughter.

And then, she turns back to face Uncle Luke ? they turn, she realises, with a vertiginous moment of awareness. It?s not just her any more ? she?s a shawl of light wrapped around the life of her twins, a mother and a Jedi defense-mechanism.

?Considering that their father is a Wookiee,? she smiles, ?I think it?s fair to say that the Force helped us in this, yes.?

She can?t believe that anyone on the Council wasn?t expecting that admission, but the response is still a sort of quiet uproar. She?s amused to observe the effect that ideas can have on Jedi ? on the Force.

?Knight Solo.? Uncle Luke?s posture has shifted a little. ?Did Knight Lowbacca know??

?Did he know we were sexual partners?? she asked. ?I?d hope so. Did he know that I was going to get pregnant by him...? No, I didn?t tell him. I didn?t plan ahead much, Uncle Luke.?

Lowie?s silence behind her serves to give t

2. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
  3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Admit it, you just wanted to use that title. :p

Weird stuff, McEwok - which I know is what you like best. :p A wee bit squicky for my taste - though I do find myself oddly curious about what a human/Wookiee hybrid would look like. [face_thinking] - but you wrote it well. I liked the descriptions and characterization of Luke and Mara, I can totally see Jaina messing with the Council like that, and Kyp squirming amuses me. :p

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :eek: Disturbing... And, hm, the technical details worry mne a little because Jaina is so small build...:p

But I liked her defiance in front of the Council! :)

5. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    I think you've done the impossible: discovered a Jaina/_____ that hasn't been done yet. So, when does hell freeze over?

6. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    It's been done.

Mostly by him, but it's been done ;)

7. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Actually, I didn't want to alert people to the topic - I wanted to walk them backwards into it; but I realised I needed the ISSR marker, so I took the title...

Thank you. [face_peace]

And, I have fairly developed concepts of what the kids would look like... :)

Glad you enjoyed it! [face_laugh] :D

Nahh. This isn't my first Jaina/Lowie... :p

Now, let's see... Jaina/Kyp? Done. Jaina/Zekk? Done. Jaina/Wes? Done. Jaina/Piggy? Done. Inara did Jaina/Kyle.

I'm still a Jaina/Jag 'shipper, too...

Hmm...

Jaina/Karrde?

Do you have any comments on the actual 'fic? o_O

- The Imperial Ewok

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    McEwok.... okay, I am not sure what to say about this. Have you considered professional help? o_O

LOL![face_laugh] You always find a way to freak me out. Very nice little story, even if I find it somewhat disturbing!

Now we have to continue this viggie so we discover that this was not the first time this was done. In fact Leia used the Force to have Chewie's love child, and Jaina is actually the daughter of a wookiee (that is why she is attacted to them) and she had an affair with her COUSIN!!!:eek: (Jacen is actually Han's son... hey it is possible for faternal twins to have two different fathers).

[face_laugh]
    AG88

9. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    :D Nothing to comment..... I just wished I had your imagination. :D

[face_thinking] I think it would be great if you could use some of AG88's suggestions for a sequel...:p

cheers,

VeryBusy

10. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    ?One moment,? she replies. She?s always been a fighter, and she doesn?t even need to think to understand her role as defender of the life she?s now guarding. Perhaps everything else has just been a training for this.

the life she?s now guarding? How is it meant? [face_thinking] o_O

She feels a ripple of unease from the assembled Masters. The pregnancy shows clearly on her slight frame, her belly curved out gracefully between the lapels of her Jedi robe.

who is the father? ISSR? Paired up with Ewok? [face_thinking] Lowie? o_O

?Jaina,? he says. ?Jedi Solo. I take it you don?t deny that you used the Force to help you conceive the twins you?re currently so visibly expecting...??

it?s forbidden now?

She grins to hear the music of his voice, but she waves her hand at him, gently batting his concern for her away.

heh! *grins*

?Considering that their father is a Wookiee,? she smiles, ?I think it?s fair to say that the Force helped us in this, yes.?

?the will of the force? you can say :p

?Knight Solo.? Uncle Luke?s posture has shifted a little. ?Did Knight Lowbacca know??

how should he not know? o_O
    At times I think this two suns have cooked up a bit of his brain

?Did he know we were sexual partners?? she asked. ?I?d hope so. Did he know that I was going to get pregnant by him...? No, I didn?t tell him. I didn?t plan ahead much, Uncle Luke.?

*rofl* perfect ? would be a bad thing wouldn?t he know that they were sexual partners

?You?re making this situation very complicated, Jaina,? Cilghal says, eventually. She turns, her boot-heels singing on the marble floor, and looks for a moment at the Mon Calamari Jedi Master. Cilghal?s people admire order, peace, and simple elegance, traits that once made them heroes of the Rebellion, and which now make them a bulwark of the Alliance government.

I rather think the Council makes it complicated [face_thinking]
    What?s so bad? Why not supporting her, the kiddos will have it difficult anyway

?Some might call that an un-Jedi attitude, Jedi Solo.? Aunt Mara?s voice has an edge today.

I rather think she is following ?the will of the Force? like many generation before her. It?s just a shame that they don?t see that ? it might be that they are very biased and are bordered in their thinking
    Don?t want to say with that that Lowie and Jaina are the perfect couple but you know :p

Hand in hand, they step out together, into a wider world.

might I say a wise decision?

Interesting stuff, Wollknäuel
    Even Jedi can be narrow minded *shrugs* maybe even more then others?
    Anyway stuff to think about

~ Mags ~

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd read the title and chuckled at what I thought was coincidence. Got in here and just blushed and laughed.

Pffft at the Council for worrying over her actions being darkside. While being concerned of media, the Order, family and the twins themselves, not necessailry in the order, I hardly see a woman wanting children of her lover bieng darkside.

Interesting and thought provoking in many ways and very well done.

12. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    ok...so that was a little strange, but funny nonetheless.
    Good job..i wouldn't have ever thought of that pairing.

MaraJ

13. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    That is horrible, who's going to want to be with the Humna/Wookie hybrid? Especially when such offspring would be sterile. Do they even have the same number of chromosomes?

14. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    A little disturbing (omg I can't believe I actually said that) but I liked it. :)

How big are Wookiee babies? Even half-Wookiee babies? [face_worried]

15. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Okay, my first thought was "Eew." :p

And my last thought? Still "Eew". :p :p

Other than all of the instinctive gagging I made I have to say that was well written. Congratulations on making the ultimate crack pairing work, and in a PG format. =D=

Do I wish I never read it? Yes. Am I happy I did? Yes. Am I schizo on this? Definitely. :p

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Holy Crap, what are they going to look like?!

I love what you've opeened up here TM!! So many crazy undiscovered possibilities!

And this kind of reminds me of my own heritage. Although I'm not half wookie, I am half black and half white, and it's always created extra attention for me and my family. Sometimes good, and sometimes bad. So I can only imagine what this would be like for Jaina and Lowie. Are you going to continue? I'd love to read more!

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow...that was....that was.....very different.

I enjoyed Jaina's strength in front of the council....but....Wow....

Nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Probably something like this:
    [image=http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5132/wookieenookiee2ey3.jpg]

Okay, I know it is a bad photomanip, but I just had a few minutes before I have to be somewhere. :p

AG88

19. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    She meets his bright blue eyes, and her smile becomes an echo of his bared fangs

My favorite line in the entire 'fic - it really goes to show just why Jaina/Lowie works.

So now I wonder just how will Lukiepoo and his council plan to address this issue? I think it's kind of pointless though - Jaina's going to do whatever she wants, no matter how complicated things get.

The bright side - at least the kids will be taller than Jaina - tall genes are good. The bad side - I foresee a lot of "Did you forget to shave today?" jokes tossed at the kids.

20. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

*dies*

That's just awesome.

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    *raises eyebrows*

[face_laugh]

Oh dear...

Only you, McEwok, only you. :p

22. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Good answer! :D [face_laugh]

Should it worry me that you think like me? o_O [face_thinking]

Should it worry YOU?!? :eek: [face_laugh]

You want more 'fic, huh?

And you're prepared to use flattery to get it? [face_whistling]

Did it make sense by the end of the 'fic?

Your insight serves you well, young Jedi!

With Wookiees, aye...

It just occurred to me that they're echoing Han/Chewie...?!

*nods* That you can...

Heh. Perhaps?

Well, Jaina has mind-wiped him in the past to make him forget some of the things they've done together...

I know what you mean...

I think they're thinking too much in abstract terms, and failing to engage with Jaina's reality...

They have perceptions of the way things should be, and Jaina/Lowie doesn't fit those perceptions - though really, Jaina's presented them with a fait accompli, and their response, however reluctant, will be the right one in this...

23. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Nah, I am on medication to prevent those types of worries. ;)

AG88

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    And the mode of delivery is meant to convey... what? Whimsy? Too much time on one's hands? Our essential sameness as sentients? The profound beauty of biologically impossibilities overcome through speculative fiction?

Honestly man, I could take Saba hitting on Luke, but this is several orders of magnitude beyond that...[face_thinking]

25. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    So this explains the photomanips? o_O :D :cool:

Your art is inspired by mind-altering substances?

Whatever it is - if it works, it works! :D

How do you mean - because it's Jaina/Lowie, or because Jaina's expecting kids? [face_thinking]

And, in general terms, I don't think you've quite covered all of the main theme of the 'fic yet - it's simpler than any of that... :) :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.