main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookiee Talk

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Peter,

If you could imagine the climatic ending for Episode 3 that would be a lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi, how would you describe the scene? Many fans hold on to a possibility of a battle wherein Anakin falls into lava. I'm sure you have heard this. I'm curious, since you are also a fan, how would you like to see it happen?

Sapient

2. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    Do I ever cut my hair....stay tuned and find out!! At the moment, I am more hairy than I've been in years, but it is for a good cause as I will be playing the title role in a movie called Bigfoot soon. I am currently looking forward to being a shaven wookiee when it is over. As far as the hair on my head, well, it suits me at the moment to leave it long (although I do often get mistaken for Howard Stern). I am afterall, much better looking than Howard and so much nicer.

3. swfanatic

swfanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2000
    Hey Peter!
    My wife just surprised me a few weeks back for my birthday, with a copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special. She found it from someone on E-bay. Anyway... In watching that, I just have to ask, how in the world did they get you and the rest of the cast to agree to make a special like that?! Did GL have ANYTHING to do with this? And how did Jefferson Starship get involved? Such a strange cheesy show. I remember watching it as a child, but this was the first time I had seen it since I was probably 6 when it originally aired. I just had to sit back in dis-belief and ask "What were they thinking!?" Any memories to share?

4. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Hello Mr. Mayhew,

You had earlier talked about how the mask was made and fitted to you.
    Did you ever have problems with your skin with the applications being applied and removed so often over that period of time?
    And, what did you do to alleviate the problem or to lessen the severity of the reaction?

I've had experience with prosthetic applications and my skin takes a toll after just one shot at it.

Thanks,
    P. L.

5. Darth_Adaul

Darth_Adaul Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Howard who?? ;)

6. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Howard the Duck, I think.....

7. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    The Holiday Special was one of those things that they sent me a ticket to come out to California and do, so I went and did what they asked. Some of it is good and some of it is cheesy, but it did reflect the genre of the time. We are very used to seeing slick tv graphics and such now. Wish I had better information for you, but... well, that's all there is....

8. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Dear Princess, my answer to the irritation of prosthetics was to grow a beard. I have a feeling that's not much help for you. Cheers, Peter

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Peter,

You mentioned before that you had lines in the movies that were later replaced with Chewie's growls. Do you know of any resource where one can find these lines? I've very interested in learning what these lines are.

!snap

10. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Thanks Mr Mayhew...
    LOL! Yeah, the beard just wouldn't work for me...giggle.
    Glad that it helped you though. ;)

P.L.

11. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Ok, snap....here's the answer. I made growling noises on the original soundtrack which I hope and pray they didn't keep. Hopefully, the answer is "no, it's not available anywhere"....

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey Peter, if you get the chance, I would love to hear your thoughts on the climatic ending question I posted a few lines up from here.

Thanks,

Sapient

13. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    I noticed that the Chewie gallery on your website is under construction. Did you get some personal photos that have not been seen in books about the making-of the series? If so that would be great. Also, have your Star Wars memories ever been published?

14. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Sapient, ok, I'll give your question a try although I admit I'm not very good at this type of thing. My working title (privately) for Episode III is "Everybody Dies" except Anakin and Obi-Wan who obviously will come to blows. If lava is involved, the heat from the lava would cause his lungs to be scarred, but if it was hot mud, that would make for a better battle scene in my twisted mind. I have every confidence that George is the master and I am but the learner.

15. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    BattleDroid, I think there are a lot of behind the scenes photos on the website, I know that Rick (the webmaster) took lots of pictures of the Chewie Room when he was here. As to my Star Wars memories, I hope to publish them someday, it's on my "to do" list.

16. JEDIINTHECITY2002

JEDIINTHECITY2002 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    Hey Peter,
    Thanks for answering my question the other day about Mr. Ford. It really made my day!
    My name is Steve and I have another question for you: What is your personal favorite scene from the OT overall and why? I still can't believe I'm communicating with the man who played Chewie! Too Cool!

17. Nathanielstar

Nathanielstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2001
    My 4 year old sisters favorite character is Chewbacca, who she calls Chewmacca. She watches the films over and over. Once when I was putting in the tape for TESB, she stopped me and said "no the other Chewmacca" apparently she wanted to watch RotJ.

18. Darth_Adaul

May 24, 2001
    Hey Peter, I'm wondering if you cought the new spy report Indiana Yoda. It's nuts, people are lossing faith in the film. Some people are saying that this will ruin the film and so on. They need to have faith. Maybe a little word of wisdom from our beloved Wookie might cheer them up, here's the thread.

Indiana Yoda

19. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Hello Steve, My answer to what is my favorite scene in the Original Trilogy is the chess scene onboard the Falcon. I don't think any elaborate analysis is necessary. Just let the Wookiee Win....

20. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    For Nathanielstar...your sister has the right idea...she's a keeper.
    Darth Adaul, I tried to post an opinion on the Indiana Yoda thread, but it doesn't appear to have gone through. Maybe the powers didn't like it!! Sorry :(

21. DarthFunk

DarthFunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew, let me first say that Chewbacca was always my favorite original trilogy character and that I love your work in the suit. Chewie always had the best onscreen prescence, and never ceases to make me smile.

My question is about the way the characters (Han, Luke, Leia) seem to treat Chewie as a great friend and in a strange way, sort of like a pet. They pet him or rub his head from time to time, which always struck me as odd. Was this something that was originally scripted, or did it sort of evolve throughout the shooting process? I've always been curious about that. Thanks for the info! Take care!

22. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I loved that scene when you were playing chess ith R2,always makes me laugh.I love when Han says "a Wookies known for ripping arms out of there sockets when they loose",and you put your arms behind your head,kinda like saying "thats right,and I'll do it to" always make me laugh.

23. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Laugh it up, fuzzball 8-}

24. Darth_Adaul

May 24, 2001
    That's okay, don't apologize. Thanks for trying Peter. :)

25. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Hmm, methinks the server's arms need to be ripped out of its sockets...(Metaphorical arms of course!)

Oh, and a galaxy without Chewbacca is a terrible galaxy...Though it was a noble death, but it still sucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.