main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookiee Talk

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    Hi Mr. Mayhew!! I just wanted to say thanks not only for bringing to life a character I have always loved, but for continuing to be involved with your fans. It has been great reading your replies here. Good luck to you in all you do!!

2. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,
    I just had to take the opportunity to tell you how much I love the character Chewbacca. I fell in love with Chewie as a small child watching the first SW movie in the theaters....and I still get a happy feeling when I watch the movies as an adult and hear Chewie roar.

Thank you. Your character has always made me very happy. :)

All the best,
    JMT

3. kwyjibo

kwyjibo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2001
    Hey Peter!
    How was it to be chained and dragged around by Carrie? [face_love]
    Too bad she wasn't in her slave girl outfit at that time.

4. KFalcon77

KFalcon77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Hi Mr. Mayhew, My wife and I visted with you for quite awhile a few months ago at the Grapevine show in TX. She is a casual SW fan but was really impressed with how personable you were with us. We had a great conversation and you posed in a photo with us outside on your break. Thanks again big guy!

5. JEDIINTHECITY2002

JEDIINTHECITY2002 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    :)- Great Scene! Thanks again, Peter.
    My favorite two scenes with you are in ESB in which you laugh at Han after Princess Leia rags on him for trying to be a playa And A New Hope when you scare the little droid away. Funny Stuff!

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Greetings Mr. Mayhew!

I met you at Wizard Con in Chicago. I know you wouldn't remember me, but I did ask if you'd be at Celebration and you told me yes, and I know you've made it official here. All of us in the Indy Knights are very excited for Celebration. If you want to come over, say hi, and find out anything about Indianapolis (if you haven't been there before), please come join us at our [linkhttp://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10164]forum[/link] And I have a Chewbacca PotJ Mechanic figure all ready for you to sign :)

If you wouldn't mind, we'd be delighted if you would join us for dinner or lunch or something along those lines. Also, if you come in early (like before the start of Celebration) let us know too, and I'm sure everyone would be there in a flash!

Well all I can say really is thanks for being Chewbacca. No one could have ever done such a great job.

Btw, that quote that someone has from Steve Sansweet, I'm not sure, but if that quote came from the Hasbro interview session at Wizard Con, that quote was actually in response to a question I asked: "I read the books, comics, and of course watch the movies. With all this information, what exactly is considered canon?" It was really cool to hear the explanation of how much control GL really takes on the EU stuff.

7. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    Harrison and others patting me and rubbing me on the head was something that just happened...they couldn't help themselves I'm sure since my base level cuteness and cuddliness just shines through....thanks for the question...

8. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Nice to speak with you Mr Mayhew hows things going with you then :)

9. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Being chained and dragged around by Carrie... ok, I'll admit it, it changed my life forever.... and it was pretty cool too.. too bad about the suit, but oh, well...

10. DarthEvMac

DarthEvMac Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew,

Thank you for refering me to you website (www.petermayhew.com) last week after I asked about autograph requests. Your site is very cool and I will sending in for an autograph soon.

Thanks,

Evan

11. DarthEvMac

Sep 26, 2001
    What is your favorite non-Star Wars movie?

12. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Shara, we will expect to meet up with you and the other Indy Knights and 501st Stormtroopers and Trooper Chicks in Indianapolis next year. We are looking forward to it, it's going to be a great time.

13. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Favorite Non-Star Wars movies.... have to leave room for several classics here... Gone With The Wind, Giant, The Magnificent Seven and Citizen Kane..

14. clone-warrior

clone-warrior Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    Greetings Mr Mayhew

Have you heard the joke that British comedian Phil Jupitus tells about everyone's favourite wookie.

15. DarthEvMac

Sep 26, 2001
    Citizen Kane is a classic. I just got the new DVD edition. Very cool. There is only one DVD I am looking more foward to getting my hands on this year... :)

Roger Ebert does one of the running commentaries and says that Kane had more special visual effects than Star Wars, they just weren't as noticeable. Amazing for 1941.

16. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Clone Warrior, I admit I haven't heard the wookiee joke, maybe it's so bad no one has told it to me yet, but, as I said after Celebrity Death Match a few years ago, immitation is the greatest form of flattery.

17. clone-warrior

clone-warrior Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    OK then

Phil tells this one at the Edinburgh Festival every year. He started out doing a one hour show called Ready Jedi Go, purely telling Star Wars related jokes for over an hour.

Anyway...here goes.

I was in an Italian restaurant this afternoon and I asked the waiter "Do you do Ciabatta?

The response is a dead on wookie howl.

I know he tells it better. It's difficult to get the comic timing in this medium.

18. Darth_Adaul

Darth_Adaul Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Peter, I think your site is down. I can't get to it.

19. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Hi, Peter, can you answer a question? This one has been bugging me recently and since you're here...

On page 23 of the most recent US Star Wars Insider #56, there's a picture of you and Carrie at Disney World in Florida for Star Wars Weekends. The picture has you and Carrie putting your hands in mud or something to make an impression in it like the cement at the Chinese Theather over here in Hollywood.

Ok my question is, why is it that you're putting your hand print in the tray in which Carrie signed her signature, while she's putting her hands right below your name in the other tray?

I hope that makes sense.

20. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    LordMauly, you are indeed correct in your observation that Carrie and I swapped cement trays to make the impressions of our handprints, so somewhere in the Disney archives, there is a handprint with Carrie's signature and my enormous handprints and my signature with Carrie's little handprints under it. We wanted to do something different and it just happened that way. It was loads of fun but the look on Patrick the announcer's face was priceless.

21. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Darth Adaul, check my site out again and check the address...it's: www.petermayhew.com and I just checked and it's ok....thanks

22. Darth_Adaul

Darth_Adaul Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    K cool, it's working. So hey Peter, I'm going to send you an action figure of chewbacca to get signed, I send you $25 and that should cover the fee and the return shipping money right?

23. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Peter,

Good morning. What is your favorite Star Wars scene, line, or moment? For me, my favorite line is the one Harrison Ford said to you about digging up the old fossil. I can imagine that being pretty funny and needing a few takes. My favorite scene is on Cloud City when the door opens to dinner revealing Vader. And what was something you really enjoyed about The Phantom Menace? Thanks.

24. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Thanks for answering my question, Peter. You Star Wars actors are a goofy lot! :)

25. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I like the scene where the Falcon has just arrived on the Death Star and Han, Luke and Obi Wan emerge from the secret smuggling compartments. Han's grousing about the tractor beam, etc. and at the end of the scene Chewie finally pokes his head up and says something in Wookiee-speak; Han scratches his head--no doubt one of those impromptu, unscripted signs of affection that Mr. Mayhew spoke of earlier.

I love the "dig up that old fossil" line too. It's one of my favorite lines from the trilogy.

Oh, and I also love that scene where Luke comes up with his plan to rescue the Princess, and he takes some binders, goes over to Chewie and says, "We're going to put these on you..." Chewie roars, Luke jumps back and says nervously, "Okaaay...Han, you put those on." Cracks me up every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.