Wookiee Talk

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    Oz, I don't know why I keep coming to this room to post, I just wandered in here a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) and made it my home. I probably should move, but well, I'm here now. The webmasters didn't object, so I'll stay if it's ok.
    As to Boston. We will be there October 19 through 21st. I know the show is downtown, but I can't come up with the link to the website right now. I know it is associated with the SFX Show in Toronto.
  2. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Darth_Dale Jedi Knight

**Falls onto the floor in utter shock**

Wow this has to be the coolest thing ever!?!
    Chewbacca is the coolest OT character ever!!!! I've never spoken to a film star before!

May I just ask, what is your favourite OT film?

Thanks.Dale.
  4. Darkwish Jedi Master

star 4
    Mr. Mayhew, they should have given you a cameo as one of the Wookies in the Senate chamber in Episode I. Chewie's Dad maybe.

What is your opinion of The Phantom Menace in general?
  5. Ben R Force Ghost

star 4

Mr. Mayhew...

Sometimes, certain privileges are given to royalty. You, my good man, are Star Wars royalty. Feel free to post whatever you want in any forum.

By the way, what is your opinion of Episode I ?
  6. Shi-Bandarr Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome back Mr. Mayhew.

I am looking forward to seeing you at Celebration II. This will be the first Star Wars event that I've ever been to and to know that you're gonna be there is tops.

See ya in the spring. :)

Is it me or do a lot of other people feel short in this thread? ;) 9'6" bed... wow!
  7. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    haha, Peter mentioned to me that we should contact Sansweet about that through the Official site.

!snap
  8. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Peter Mayhew, thanks for posting in here!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/img/movie_bg.jpg]
  9. Propp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Evening from England, Sir, great to have you here again!

Propp
  10. Darth_Burns Jedi Knight

star 1
    Peter,I'm just wanted to say that I appreciate all the hard work you've done,especially in the old trilogy.I'm sure being in that suit all the time wasnt always the best time,but it entertained us and I'm certain it was'nt always easy so know I am highly appreciative.
  11. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Welcome back, Mr. Mayhew! :)

Nice to see that you haven't forgotten us. ;)
  12. Squalie Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's an absolute honor, and a great pleasure to have you sit with us. You're company is obviously always welcome, no matter the forum! :)

BTW, did you personally get to keep the medal they finally honored you with?
  13. Squalie Jedi Knight

star 2
  14. BattleDroid1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I always though that if I ever had a chance to talk with someone involved with Star Wars I would have a million questions to ask. I met Jeremy Bulloch a few years ago and it was more like "The Chris Farley Show" on SNL. I said stuff like "Do you remember when Han hit your jet-pack and you fell in the Sarlac? That was awsome." I felt like a fool after speaking with him.

So Peter my question to you is--Do you remember when you threw that stormtrooper over the platform by the carbon freezing chamber in The Empire Strikes Back? That was awsome.

8-}

Oh, and thank you.
  15. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Pleasure to see you posting again Mr. Mayhew.

Looking forward to seeing the epsiode two trailer like the rest of us?
  16. Squalie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Battledroid1138: LOL, EXACTLY!! I sat for 5 minutes trying to think of a question that didn't make me smack my face after I asked it!
  17. plocool Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you Mr. Mayhew for taking the time to talk to your fans. Man, You're the coolest actor/character ever!

I have one question that has plagued me since RoTJ? Did you ever feel like eating one of the ewoks? A little hot sauce maybe?

Thanks Again I could never more gracefully bow!

Eric (plocool)
  18. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He seemed almost shocked when I asked him about working on the prequils.

!snap
  19. Black_Magic_Wormie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wookies are a girl's best friend. :)

Nice to see you visiting the fans, and cheering us up. What a great thing the internet can be!

Hope I can make it to see you again at a con soon. You're a swell fellow. I remember the day I met you, Peter, back in 1987 at the 10th anniversary SW convention in Los Angeles! I was a mere 15 years old, just a kid. Man, time flies when you're having fun....
  20. Darth_Adaul Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow, Peter Mayhew! I'm relatively new to these boards, I had no idea you were signed in here. Well i'd like to say hello, and hope you'll come by every now and then to chat with your most loyal fans.

Shimmy :)

Vance (Darth Adaul)

21. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mr. Mayhew, you came back just in time :)
    Things were getting a little uhhh heated around here.
    Hmmm I dunno bout Chewy returning, but I'm sure they could add in a tall senator or something in Ep III for you to play :) A part where you actually get to speak :)
    I heard your voice on Opera and it's pretty powerful :)
    The funny thing is that you cold do it uncredited and we'd still know that that's our wookie up there ^_^
  22. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    Good evening again. It's so nice to log back on at the end of the day and see such wonderful things have been posted while I was away. Let me answer a few questions.
    My favorite Original Trilogy movie is Empire. It was the film that wove the fabric and set the tone for all three movies. Plus, we knew each other and the characters clicked. It is my favorite story and it was the most fun to do. Irvin Kershner, the director was great to work with. I have a wonderful picture of Irvin and myself standing under the Falcon with Mark Hamill looking on and smiling while I gave him a big bear hug while rehearsing for the scene where I hug Mark. Lots of fond memories.
  23. PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee

VIP
    star 1
    About the MTV Lifetime Achievement Award medal that I received several years ago. Yes, I got to keep it, yes, that was me in the suit, and yes, it is one of my prized possessions. It was most gratifying to see the faces of the attendee superstars like Will Smith and Jim Carrey and to be there with Carrie Fisher and receive the only standing ovation of the night. Chewie means a lot to a lot of people, not me so much, but the character is an old friend.
    As to the stormtrooper scene in the carbon freezing chamber...these were two top stunt men in stormtrooper outfits. They made the whole scene look good by falling when I punched at them. The scene was very very quick and I think we did it more than once to get it right, but it makes an impression.
  24. Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Hello, Mr. Mayhew. I'm glad to see that your favorite OT movie is ESB. It definately sets the standard for Star Wars movies, and Chewie has some pretty memorable scenes in it as well. I am especially fond of the outdoor scene on Hoth, where Han and Chewie confront the probe droid.

Mr. Mayhew, out of curiosity, do you collect any Star Wars merchandise at all? Do you have Chewbacca figures on your bureau, etc? Is it gratifying to know that a character you played is now a substantial icon of American culture? I don't know many people between the ages of 25 and 50 who don't know who Chewbacca is.
  25. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.