main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It'll be interesting to see how much Saxton stuff from Complete Locations gets recanonized when the updated book comes out.

Hopefully, not the Death Star sizes at least - given how many newcanon sources have stuck with the pre-Saxton (and post-Saxton: Owner's Workshop Manual) ones.

2. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I assume the AT-AR walker will be renamed AT-DP. They were both based on the same concept art.

Naga Sadow might be out, unless they decide his flavor text is open-ended enough. We already know the temples are 5000 years old and built by Massassi, who were slaves of the Sith. All that would be added is there was a Sith Lord by his name 5000 years ago, who fled from his rivals.

The Super Star Destroyer fluff is most likely kept, given Fry used the info in EGTW and extrapolated from that in the canon short story The Levers of Power.

Wonder if the TFA pages might have some new lore on the crossguard lightsaber. Like, who used the one that Esra finds and that goes on to inspire Kylo's saber-design. We might even see Kylo's quarters on his ship or Starkiller Base and see some Sith relics. Speaking of which, they have to keep the four relics Sidious had in his emergency ward. Those crystals and pyramids were really cool.

Hopefully Panaka is still a Moff.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I was looking at the release dates for the upcoming month and somebody care to share why Star Wars: Darth Vader gets two issues in June?

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Marvel double-ships pretty much as often as they can manage to--note that DV kicked off 15 months ago and issue #20 came out yesterday. That said, comic release schedules mean very little until the actual week something's due.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Okay, back to Prune Face! Really!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Orrimaarko

Anyway, I added this bit :

His action figure in the 1980's was labeled "Prune Face", a name that stuck to the character for years.

Which eventually got updated to:

labeled Prune Face by fans

by another editor. I'm just wondering, wasn't Prune Face's OG ROTJ action figure actually legitimately labeled Prune Face? So it ain't a fan name, as far as I know. It was his name name from Kenner.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Look it up?

7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    If the OG Kenner action figure was this one from the Return of the Jedi Wave 2 (1984) line, then yes, he was labeled Prune Face.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yes, yes, teaching him to fish and all that.

Meanwhile, here's the answer:
    [​IMG]

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    sweet, thanks!

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's not Pruneface, this is:

[​IMG]

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry Gams, you can't win this one.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I tired to create a canon page for cookie but was nominated for speedy deletion. Curses!

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Man, I wish we had that function here.

Brandon Rhea likes this.
  14. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It's almost as if your page was like vandalism or something. ;)

[​IMG]

DarthJaceus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Come now, proclaiming that cookies are a tasty treat can't be vandalism. They're delicious!

the image of Darth Malak proclaiming a page for speedy deletion is pretty genius, though.

16. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    Brandon Rhea likes this.
  17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Try not to be like that other Wookieepedian who has two planets in their username.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Something I've very recently noticed (when comparing the Armada Liberty model to the studio model images)- if you actually look at the Liberty-type from the rear, it has 10 thrusters, not 9:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Liberty_type_Star_Cruiser

[​IMG]

The centreline ventral thruster, where the fantail is, is small- but very close to the size of the ones built into the wing roots.

Maybe the page deserves unlocking and amending? AdmiralNick22 is our biggest Mon Cal ship fan - I nominate him for the honour. ;)

I think the reason for the error was that Saxton didn't notice the extra engine in the ventral cowl, since this image doesn't have it:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/mcc.html#liberty

[​IMG]

and the article writer may have been using SWTC for info.

DarthJaceus and CooperTFN like this.
  19. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Not my usual area of expertise, but I'll look into it.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

Given how far forward the thruster is compared to the main thrusters, on a Wingless Liberty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it makes sense that it would be effectively invisible when unlit and obscured by the fantail. I can see why Saxton made that mistake. The error was in the assumption that the engine was removed outright before the ventral fantail (and wings) were put on.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I used to be an active Wookieepedian, but the site has changed a lot and honestly I'm not even up to date on the coding required to properly format articles. Back in the day, I used to add tons of articles, especially about Mon Cal cruisers, Galactic Alliance stuff, etc. I even, WAY back when, got both Ackbar's article and Gar Stazi's article to FA status.

Actually, looking back, I think it was the quest to get people to agree on FA status that turned me off to the Wook. I'd literally spend days tweaking minute details from people who had no more true authority than myself on the wording (not facts), only to have another user disagree. It became to political, TBH, and I lost the fun I used to have there.

--Adm. Nick

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Featured Article, alongside Good Article, are formal terms to denote articles of the highest quality, a kind of stamp of approval so to speak, though the process has increasingly become mired in bureaucracy and bogged down in procedure in recent years.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Call for a Vote of No confidence then!

Oh wait the place has already been turned into the Empire.