main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Weik's only appearance (as far as I know) has been in FFG's Nexus of Power. It's possible it was created by someone at LucasFilm for FFG use, idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    A question for Lelal and anyone else involved with Wook policy here - I was wondering recently, where's the line drawn between Category: Jedi Purge Survivors and Category: Jedi Purge Victims? Before looking it up, I would have assumed the difference would be drawn between survivors and victims of Order 66 instead, but as it is, I'm not clear why some individuals (Shaak Ti in Legends, for instance) are in each category.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Something I've noticed: the Legends tab for the Corona-class armed frigate:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corona-class_armed_frigate/Legends

treats the Season 5 Weequay motherships and the Season 2 Weequay motherships as synonymous:

But they've visibly different, and the Databank at least, gives them separate entries:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/weequay-saucer-ship
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/pirate-saucer-mothership

Should there be two entries on Wookieepedia rather than one, each with its own Legends and Canon tab?

DarthJaceus, Tzizvvt78 and Gamiel like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I was reading the KOTOR Sourcebook and I discovered Alek's full name was Alek Squinquargesimus. I could not find this information on Malak's Wookieepedia page. Figured y'all could fix that.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's because it's not really his name. He mentions in one of the comics that he was just officially assigned it as a last name because that was the name of his hometown. Just like in The Godfather when young Marlon Brando came to America and the customs official gave him the last name Corleone because that was the name of his hometown.

And after quickly checking, his Wook article actually addresses it, going as far to cite JJM clarifying that Squinquargesimus wasn't really his name. It even uses the Godfather example, which either means I'm just awesome coming up with that comparison on my own, or I read it ages ago and the information was swimming around the back of my head. :p

DarthJaceus likes this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Thanks. The Sourcebook never really adressed it.

8. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    What is it with post-Exar Kun pre-Vitiate Sith Lords having only one name, outside of the 'Darth' one? Alek/Malak, Revan, Kreia. I guess Jedi aren't far from that either - Atris, Vandar, Vrook.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Question for the wook types--the Legends page for the Alliance says that Dodonna resigned his commission in response to the Ghorman Massacre but I can't tell what the source is, and it's not mentioned on his own page. Any ideas?

DarthJaceus likes this.
  10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The sourcing seems fairly good in that entire "Armed Resistance" subsection (minus the lack of page numbers), so I'd guess that that info, along with the Bail stuff, is sourced to the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

Edit: Can't find anything about it in there, and it seems to contradict his other backstory about the Empire ordering his assassination.

DarthJaceus and CooperTFN like this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's not in Galaxy Guide 2, either. I just checked. GG2 goes with the assassination backstory.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    So does EGTW according to Nick. Weird.

DarthJaceus and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The New Essential Chronology doesn't explicitly link the events, but it does mention Dodonna's resignation immediately after Ghorman.

15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    If I recall correctly, the KOTOR Campaign Guide was released (or at least written) between the time that his "last name" was first mentioned and when it was revealed that it wasn't really his last name, so the book's authors either didn't know this detail, or didn't mention it in order to preserve the reveal for the comic.

16. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Getting sick of my computer hanging up and me multiposting as a result.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    When and where was the T-65A2 canonized?

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the aforesaid Ultimate Visual Guide - by being the specified type of X-wing on the X-wing page of the book.

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    But does it say how long the canon T-65A2 is?

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It does - 13.40 m (44 ft) long, 11.76m (38" 7") wide. The T65B canon page credited the Visual Guide as the source for the T65B's dimensions - they didn't seem to notice that it's not the T65B but the T65C-A2 that appeared in the book in the first place.

DarthJaceus and LelalMekha like this.
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Interesting. I don't have my copy of the VG yet (won't be here until Wednesday), but I'll make sure to fix things once I can see it all for myself.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Regarding the Death Stars I'd say wait till we hear from Pablo &/or Jason Fry before changing them.

It also provides new figures for the Y-Wing - so we now have a 16-odd m figure for the canon BTL-A4 page to be changed to:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL_Y-wing_starfighter/Canon

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dunno if this is an etiquette thing or someone getting uppity but I tried to add info about a certain character's demise to a page and I noticed it got reverted with some mention of "page in progress". I would think the important thing would be to add a brief note about the expiration of character X at the end and then flesh it out, as opposed to just stopping in the middle of their bio at the non-dead point.

25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    You're correct. To the site's detriment, a lot of editors take ownership of the pages that they write. And the "Inuse" tag, which was designed to be left on a page for no more than a few hours, gets stuck on pages for weeks or months at a time. Attempts to curb this practice have been less than successful.

26. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I don't particularly mind as someone whop prefers Legends, honestly. They're proposing to default to canon for the sake of relevancy. The Legends tab will still be there, right next to the "Canon" tab like it's always been since the retcon.