main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I wish on the mobile app you could actually click on the Canon and Legends tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ack, that kinda stuff puts me off adding to fan wiki. I'm sure whatever the editor is doing is a work of art but ownership of the pages doesn't exactly entice me to contribute.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm not entirely sure that's as big a problem on other fan wikis. Granted I'm not familiar with the BTS going-ons on any wiki besides the Wook, so there could be more hives of scum and villainy out there. :p

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    In my experience, most troubled wikis are more likely to be suffering from lack of control than anything else. Wookieepedia's brand of oligarchic administration is pretty unusual.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Same as in my experience. I notice that many fan wikis are susceptible to constant bombardments from trolls.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    On the page of Gondagali is say "Gondagali was the first planet attacked with the MS-19 shield buster, during the time of the New Republic" but it don't say who the attacker or the defender are. Do anybody know?

7. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I just had a technical problem w/your site. I was on it & while it was slow it wasn't an issue until I got a notification on the site that there was some verification issue, I forget its wording and it sent my computer to using its full capacity. Also, it wouldn't allow me to exit, which would've fixed it so I had to restart my computer. I just wanted to tell you.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Lost in Wookieepedia Maythe14th is. How embarrassing... how embarrassing...

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The page about the Witchblood Clan* only give 'The Witches of Dathomir Gallery' as a sources but the link seems to be broken and there is no explanation what 'The Witches of Dathomir Gallery' is about. Do anybody know what 'The Witches of Dathomir Gallery' was?

* http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Witchblood_Clan

-----------------------

Is there any reason to why the Morgukai* are not listed among Mercenary units**? Because what I remember so did they hire themselves out.

* http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Morgukai
    ** http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mercenary_units

10. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's a Sony site, so I'm assuming the former Star Wars Galaxies.

Yep.

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    NVM curse you Gamiel I thought this was FFG....

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Curse me? Now I really want to know what you originally wrote.

13. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Friends, as part of my New Year's Resolution to get "A Recipe For Death" moved from a century before TPM to the same time period as the rest of the TFAGFFA: Aliens stories, I've taken my argument from a side note on the Darth Maul comic thread to the Timeline of Canon Media talk page. Come help me restore reason to the timeline! Or tell me I'm dumb. Either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I looked up the wook for info about Tar Viszla from the latest Rebels episode. In the episode they never gave an actual date but just said legend has it that Tar lived over a thousand years ago and was the first Mandalorian inducted into the Jedi Order. However on the wook they put down an actual date of 1032 BBY. Where did 1032 BBY come from? Was there something written in one of the guidebooks which I don't get that confirms that date? Or are they just basing it off of Palpatine's prequel trilogy line of a thousand years this Republic has stood?

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd be interested to know the answer to that, too.

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    On the Morgukai page* it's repeatedly stated that they are a secret society but the first time it is mentioned no reference is given and the second time it is together with something else and references to the old Databank entry but the Archive.org link, that is given, don't work.

* http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Morgukai

Also, I have to ask, how the heck are they secret society with so many knowing of them?

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    That archive.org link didn't work for me either, but here is one snapshot I dug up. In case that link also won't load for you, here's the page's text:

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks Senpezeco

Now for some follow up questions:
    * Do we know how the Morgukai honour code works? Because I see it mentioned a lot but what we have seen of them so do they not seem to have any problem with things that many honour systems would look down on.
    * Why/how is the Morgukai a secret society? Maybe I have misunderstood things but to my understanding so should a secret society be, well, secret(!) but the Morgukai seems to be rather well known and not that hard to hire.
    * Is there a reason why the Morgukai are not counted among Jedi hunters and/or Mercenaries? Because they did hunt jedi and their services were for hire.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    It looks like Christophsis and Vanqor have surfaces covered in crystal formations, or the landscape itself was crystalline, whereas Cynda, while mined for crystals, had an icy surface. My guess is the Wook editor's criterion for inclusion in that Category was whether or not a planet's surface was covered in crystals to a significant extent.

Or the Wook editor may have not known of the planet Cynda. There's only one edit listed in the History of the Category page, which was the page's creation. You could always edit the Category page to include Cynda; worst thing that could happen is it gets reverted. (Some may argue with me that "no, worst is you get banned!" but I really don't think you would for something like this.) You can put a short justification for your addition in the edit summary box, or start a Talk page on the Cynda article or Category page asking for a consensus on whether or not Cynda should be added.

(Note: I only looked at the Canon pages for those three planets, dunno if my arguments apply for the Legends pages.)

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Heads up, during the Closing Ceremony of Star Wars Celebration, Pablo Hidaglo made the t-shirt cannon canon.

Mentioned in this week's Star Wars show:

and specifically at 5:10:20 in the day 5 livestream, declared a canon cannon and named the Marison Munitions "Merr-Sonn Munitions SWS 1013 Projectile Launcher"

"He said it and made it real and that's how it works!"

22. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    "Merr-Sonn Munitions"

DarthJaceus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I wish it didn't have so many ads. It loads soooo slowly.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Legends articles for 3, 4, and 5 ABY have the wrong Great ReSynchronization year listed in the little info box. For example, 3 ABY should be 38:3 - 39:2 GrS but in the info box it says 32:3 - 33:2. I went to fix this but then realized it's a template that works on a formula. How is it that the formula works for the other years but not these three?

Get the app for your phone and use adblock on your computer.

25. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004