main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Feel free to take it up with him, but this is what we've got right now.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I would suggest reversing the edit until its clarified just how literally that tweet should be taken, and in which direction.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I do think there's an unfortunate tendency to ask complex questions point-blank on Twitter and then take the (understandably) confusing answers too literally.

4. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Looks like we’ve got tentative confirmation that they are in fact separate ships: I’ll bring it up on the Wook.

https://mobile.twitter.com/missingwords/status/921829812892721152

Iron_lord and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm shocked a German fan hasn't made a page for Panini's German Star Wars Magazin. It has the comic re-tellings of canon works and possibly canon trivia.

6. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
  7. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Also, someone should wait until the official Rebels premiere before they start making edits and articles based on the newest episode. The spoilers are hard to avoid, and not all of us have DisneyNOW. Just my two cents.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Well the Aphra page has finally been updated (first time it has been since the Vrogas Vas arc about two years ago). It's either a completely different person updating it than it was before (or that same individual isn't nearly as interested in the Aphra story as they were before) as they aren't being nearly as detailed this time around. There has been even more story dedicated to Aphra post Vrogas Vas as there was pre Vrogas Vas but about 70% of the page is still dedicated to pre Vrogas Vas material.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I notice that while the Legends pages for the DS1 and DS2 use the newest source (Death Star Owner's Workshop Manual) for their data (120 km and 160 km) the page for generic Death Stars, uses the old Complete Locations data - which has been superseded:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star/Legends

do you think that's worth bringing up, for a fix?

DarthJaceus and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  10. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Yeah, Iron lord, I'd bring that up on the talk page.

Like the above, you could expand upon it if you'd like, or you could leave a comment about the disparity between pre- and post-Vrogas Vas levels of detail on the talk page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Chelli_Lona_Aphra

Not sure why this thread is used for this sort of thing, but the best thing to do is bring it up on Wookieepedia.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

I did - It's on the talk page - back in 2013. No reply. Maybe, because this thread has so many Wookieepedians, those who aren't actually members, can get edits made quicker on "semi-protected pages" by bringing them up here, rather than on Wookieepedia itself. The Talk pages sometimes don't get visited often by those willing to do detailed edits.

DarthJaceus and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
  13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    See, that's the kind of thing that restores faith in the Wook.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I fully approve of the effort to create articles for as many objects, characters, references, and concepts from Glove of Darth Vader as possible, because it increases the chance some author will browse the Wook, come across it, and use it in their 100% movie-equal nu canon work.

16. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    More seriously, however, it's kind of ridiculous that Wookieepedia still insists that Simon Pegg will be back as Unkar Plutt in TLJ, given the only 'evidence' of that was Kennedy making a broad sweeping statement years ago about the other actors on stage that Pegg just happened to also be on.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, Wook does jump the gun on stuff like that sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of part of Rey's TFA dream in TLJ and Plutt going "quiet girl!" or whatever on the side, but then I doubt Kennedy intentionally would refer to something obscure like that in her statement. "All these actors will return... that includes your arm in that dream sequence, Simon." "Glad you remembered ma'am. Plutt's really attached to that arm."

18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    He isn't attached to it in a TFA deleted scene, though.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's the...

oh just jump off that pier in your avatar Jeff.

Dr. Steve Brule and vncredleader like this.
  20. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    And the novelisation, which means unless TLJ changes it, is canon. So Plutt is 'armless at the moment!

21. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    It seems like the Forces of Destiny shorts were building up to the deleted scene, though I doubt that actually showing it is something a 3 minute animation aimed at young kids would actually show.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Regarding the names of the Cobalt Squadron ships:

I think the "Cobalt" prefix just identifies the squadron, and is not part of the formal name of each ship.
    In the novel, each bomber is mostly referred to just by the second part of its name - Hammer, Wasp etc.

page 7-8 "Normally, Hammer operated as part of the Cobalt squadron of Resistance heavy bombers. But this flight to the Atterra system was supposed to be a quiet fact-finding trip, and Hammer was on its own for once."

Plus, on the rare occasions when a two-word name is used, the "Cobalt" and "Crimson" bits are never italicised, the way the ship names are:

it's "Cobalt Mare" "Cobalt Treasure" "Crimson Dancer"

rather than "Cobalt Mare"

I would also suggest that Paige is (at least as of the start of the novel) not the squadron leader - her ship's pilot, Finch Darrow, is the one issuing orders to the two squadrons for the mission, therefore it seems likely that he is in fact the squadron leader, and she is just the gunner for the ship (and sometimes temporary pilot when it's a long mission and he needs rest breaks), at the time.

Paige Tico's own entry, unlike the Cobalt Squadron entry, does not list her as squadron leader of Cobalt Squadron. Wookieepedia cites Star Wars: Look & Find, but this seems contradictory to the actual story. The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary simply refers to her as the ship's ventral gunner.

Any Wookieepedians (for example, LelalMekha ) feel like changing the Cobalt Squadron and Crimson Squadron entries?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Someone brought it up earlier (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Cobalt_Squadron_(Resistance)), but the Visual Dictionary has Cobalt/Crimson as part of their full names. IIRC, they're italicized as well.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I figured that the ships could be moved around - when the Hammer's in Cobalt Squadron it's the Cobalt Hammer - if it was moved to Crimson Squadron for a while it would be the Crimson Hammer - but it would always be the Hammer.

Both names are italicised in the ICS book and Visual Dictionary, it's true. I think the Cobalt Squadron novel might be more accurate though. Maybe jasonfry could clarify if intent is, that just the second part, be the actual names of the ships themselves?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.