main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It did get implemented. Then the community voted to repeal it.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  2. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    When was this?

3. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    September: https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:CT_Archive/Repealing_the_Lego_Page_Creation

AV-6R7 likes this.
  4. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Heh, I even voted to repeal it. Shows what I know.

iPodwithnomusic and Brandon Rhea like this.
  5. Sly442

Sly442 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2018
    If Wookiee has tabs for Canon and Legends then there should be a tab/category for No-Canon, as in they belong to neither "timelines". Either that or relegate Legends to an umbrella category of Non-Canon if they don't want additional tabs/think an exclusive No-Canon category would lack content. I think that's the best solution right now. No cohesion in no-canon shouldn't be an issue since that's the point of them being no-canon.

6. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Or keep it all on one page, since Legends material is (appropriately) referenced in Behind the Scenes sections of Canon pages anyway.

In my mind it would create a better way of tracking the way Star Wars as a story has evolved over the last forty years, as opposed to the current method which pretends like the latest retcon is somehow "realest".

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Hamburger_Time likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    having legends and canon on one page would make the pages pretty damn long.

It's better this way, easier for research.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Why is Mon Mothma’s daughter Lieda’s page on the wook titled “Lieda Mothma”? As far as I know, she’s only mentioned in the comic featuring Mon Mothma’s son, Jobim (and Jobim is clearly his last name as he’s called “Corporal Jobim” and not Corporal Mothma), and Lieda’s last name isn’t given - so what gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia calls her Lieda Mothma, for one.

jSarek likes this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It did? Well that's weird.

11. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Is it weird? She's Mon's daughter. It's weirder that the comic, as Daneira pointed out, seems to think Jobin is her son's last name, so that feels more like the aberration.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It might have been interesting if they do what some societies of Earth do, with family/tribe name first and individual name last. Although they can't do that if the sourcebook reversed it. Alas.

Would be cool to see more variety in naming conventions though, seeing is there's quite a bit of it in the real world. Multiple last names. Different names for males/females/other genders or occupation, etc.

DarthJaceus and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  13. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It may have been that the CSWE only called her that because the Wookieepedia article for her called her that in the first place. I remember a few cases of CSWE clearly having gone to Wookieepedia for its info.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don’t think it’s weird that Mon Mothma’s son would have a different last name than her. That would just mean that the father of the child is also a Jobin and the son took his father’s last name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    It's weird in the sense that, before that source, no other source called her that. It's all I meant.

16. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
  17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    You definitely haven't been around Wookieepedia much. On a scale of zero to boiling over, that rates somewhere around "glass of water left in the sun for ten minutes."

18. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Been on Wookieepedia since c. 2004 and I don't attend the forums much unless they have something I like to know about. Then again, the last time I started a forum I got lambasted for taking away everyone from the commanders list that held a rank over Lieutenant.

19. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Based on your comment about the forum topic you started, I presume you're Shannon.JediKnight? If so, your first edit was in October of 2006. (Wookieepedia was founded in 2005.)

Regardless, I'm surprised you've been there for nigh on twelve years and yet threads like the one you linked seem like a big deal.

And considering how many people were agreeing with you in the commanders list thread and trying to find a good compromise, I'm not sure "lambasted" is a fair characterization of what went on there.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  20. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Wookieepedians are long-winded (me = guilty as charged) and often come across as very self-important (see also: the "Information coming from a script" thread) so it's not really a surprise to me that a thread like the commanders one could come across as pretty intense. What's tame on a wiki can often be over the top relative to other sites!

21. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    You have a fair point. Only one person wanted the Commanders list to be a participants list - which I know was on the Legends pages for a number of years (and I'm in favour of their return). My memory of that time is a haze considering I was also seeking another outlet on the whole completely unwarranted TLJ hatred.

I'm also one of those that thinks that Star Wars in 100 Scenes is canon, if only for the sake of named characters such as Jake Farrell and the correct picture for Ekelarc Yong (considering its still Telsij on databank).

And yes, I am Shannon.JediKnight (wish I could change that now since I was 16 when I first joined the site).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I rarely use "the twelve years of service" criterion (mainly because it does not give you any popularity, let alone power). Except when I grow frustrated, of course. And, by the stars, in this case, I am!

Do you realize that even members the Story Group find some of our policies too strict/unnecessarily limiting? An example? Gladly.

In "The Lost Eggs of Livorno," the name "Lepi" was never spoken. Which means that, according to our policies, Canon!Jaxxon doesn't have a species right now.

What did Matt Martin say? "I think you’re safe to use Lepi. We don’t usually change species names." Someone tells him it's against the rules. Leland Chee chimes in, saying "Couldn't you just rename the Lepi entry as "Jaxxon's species?" He's told it's not allowed either. Chee retorts: "I have tons of entries in the Holocron without a proper name whether they be unnamed characters, species, tech, whatever. If you don't have SOME type of placeholder entry, then the information doesn't get tracked." Martin then adds: "I’m personally glad that Twitter isn’t a source but when it comes to things like this it’d be nice if there was a way to do it. Like an existing name that hasn’t been explicitly stated in the new continuity should be able to be used as “unconfirmed” or something."

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...WTK?

24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    WTK as in "What the kark?"

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013