main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    No, he just had Mando armour.

2. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    I intend on writing bios for every single Jedi on the Jedi list, and so far I have filled out all those with names starting with A and B as well as quite a few others. I have also edited and expanded many pre-existing Jedi bios. I am also trying to add character boxes for all the Jedi, if we at least know their race and gender.

I have written brief articles for the Arrancdea siblings, but I've only read some of the GOF boooks, and their bios need much xpansion, f anyone whom has read all those books would be so kind? Our child-book expert Talon comes to mind:)

Also, many of the articles need pics integrated into their character boxes.

Check out the article "List of Jedi" if you can help!

3. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I am not sure where I saw this... not sure if it was the Star Wars Wiki portal, or the mainstream Wiki site... but it had a page dedicated to Star Wars characters (minor ones, that didn't require a dedicated page to themselves).

There was an entry for the Dark Woman, and it had a picture of her... it looked like it was a background character from the Battle of Geonosis from Episode II. Is this really her?

4. Sand_Hill

Sand_Hill Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    That's in one of the mini-docs. They used a bunch of action figures to dress up one of the models (he's on theed, on a bridge)
    but I wouldn't consider it a cameo if you can't even really see him.

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003

There was an entry for the Dark Woman, and it had a picture of her... it looked like it was a background character from the Battle of Geonosis from Episode II. Is this really her?

Yes.

It's from a WoTC trading card.

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/a/a7/DarkWomanCGI.jpg]

The background is just for kicks, but she was a Geonosis - flying a starfighter above.

6. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Er, since when is Bendak a iridorian. I remember he is compared to an iridorian battle-rager but he is never said to be a iridorian[face_thinking]

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    I don't think he's Mandalorian OR Iridorian, actually. But I've only played the game once.

8. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    I always thought he was just some random guy who nicked a Mandalorian's armor.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    From what I understand if you talk to the Hutt in the Cantina he is refered to as a Iridorian not a Mandalorian. Thus he is incorrectly put on the Mandalorian list. And just because he wears Mandalorian armor doesn't make him Mandalorian.

10. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    And just because he wears Mandalorian armor doesn't make him Mandalorian.

see also the late, not-so-great Jodo Kast.

11. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I love this site even I've added some things, mostly names to the list of Jedi, thats rellay about it...but what a great site.

12. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    DM2, I never said he was a Mando. I said he was a guy who nicked some unfortunate Mando's armor.

13. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Rushin, just curious, since I tried to add the name of every Jedi I knew of, what names did you add to the list? I added most recently Ajunta Pall and Darth Ruin, since they WERE Jedi before becoming Sith (even though I don't know Ruin's original name).

14. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    It's almost too many to say Senator_Clighal...I did just today add Hannah, the Arkanian youngling in Dark Rendevous.

I do remember adding Scout on there but I haven't thought of adding info for her bio.

Just today I found they removed a lot of Jedi on the Pre-Ruusan list so I kindo of repopulated it...just did what I thought was necessary.

15. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    I thought that site was misleading at some points? I went there once and they stated Plo Koon was a master at Vaapad...

16. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    There are probably a lot of informational threads in this forum that you could simply just cut-and-paste over into the Star Wars Wiki to save time. It would be a quick way to quickly grow the project.

17. Tyrantus

Oct 10, 2004
    Wow, I just browsed more of their site. So I, and anyone else, can edit whatever the heck I want on there? If there's a spelling error or big false statement, we can edit it?

18. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    yeah, the Jedi list is kinda a pet project around.

Aynone, technically, can edit, but please be responsible:) I was afraid people would not be, but so far I have been impressed by the professionalism and respect people have shown. Nobody seems to be just randomly destroying articles and replacing them to showoff (much to my relief). Everyone seems to be cooperative towards making everything in the Wiki as accurate and thorough as possible. Usually, if someone disagrees with something in an article, they will challenge the seeming errata in a discussion and present their case rather than just randomly change it, which is both courteous and much appreciated, and people usually try to edit and expand existing articles rather than just replace them altogether, allowing the integrity of the original author's work to be preserved and simply adding to it, which is a good way to work:) And their are overseers of the Wiki whom edit and review articles for completeness and handle disputes. So there is some discipline, it is not just random hack and slash:) I was initially worried, but have grown quite fond of the community of devoted fans whom are always willing to help each other out to make the Wiki mutually enjoyable.

19. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    That is what I love about Star Wars Wiki and the Mainstream Wiki... everyone is sensible, and shows great care for the overall project.

20. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    Well I already have sorta. Senator Clighal posted about the moffs and grand moffs of the Galactic Empire and I took that info and put in the List of moffs/temp page. I cited the source of course, so Clighal, thank you for that.

This project however will require more than just cut and paste.

21. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    thx. it has been a while since I worked on the Moffs, so I will look into helping you when I have the time. Right now, I am very busy with the Jedi;)

22. Tyrantus

Oct 10, 2004
    Can we edit any wiki on there besides SW? I read the site's terms and everything, but it's hard to believe you can just edit anything on there you want.

23. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yes, you can edit any page on any Wikicities wiki, or Wikipedia, unless they're specially protected. But any edit can be reverted fairly easily, so overt vandalism never lasts.

24. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    If you have in mind a MAJOR change, I recommend discussing it with the editors of the site on the discussion section that is attached to each article and explaining what you want to change and why, and clearing it with them, to make sure they won't undo it. They can also give you formatting tips. :)

25. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Would anyone be interested in writing articles on the members of the Padawan Pack from Jabiim?