main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    The Wook is pretty awesome, IMO.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014

It is awesome, yes, but not as awesome as it could be.

SilentGuy66 and DelRiego like this.
  3. JediMasterAang

JediMasterAang Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2015
    4chan's /co/ tried creating an alternative Wikia, the Jedi Archives wiki, but a Wikia staff member who was also a staff on Wookieepedia shut it down before much could be done with it.

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Well... yeah, by nature as a Wiki it'll probably never be as awesome as it could be.

It's pretty damn impressive though.

jSarek and Chris_Fives like this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    When's wookiepedia getting round to give us a comprehensive CANON Anakin Skywalker page:(

6. JediMasterAang

JediMasterAang Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2015
    When
    When the vast majority of their user base pulls their respective heads out of their asses and realizes that refusing to work on the Canon articles is detrimental to their wiki.

The small amount of people they have working on canon pages(one of the leaders being the one that shut down /co/'s canon wiki attempt) just isn't enough.

SilentGuy66 and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Silly_Dan

Silly_Dan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Wookieepedia didn't get the Legends Anakin article fully cleaned up in the eight or nine years between merging it with the Darth Vader article and the Legends announcement. Missing information in the year-old canon article should not be surprising.

Since the latest burst of posts to this thread began with a complaint about the April Fool's jokes, I feel like I have to mention the shenanigans on the Dave Filoni article occurred in 2013, and there was no April Fool's joke this year. (No, I don't know why, I haven't been an administrator there in years, haven't been on their IRC channel in even longer, and never got involved with the April Fool's planning when I was.)

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, I think it's pretty clear why there was no April Fools joke this year.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  9. Silly_Dan

Silly_Dan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    There are obvious assumptions, but I don't want to speak for Wookieepedia here. As one of the only people who voted to delete the article in question even after it was taken back to its March 31st state and cleaned up, I'm not in tune with the overall Wookieepedia feeling on that.

10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Because they've decided to extend it to the entire year?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wookieepidia is good but the people on it are stuck in the past and the amount of Canon Articles that are just stubs is sorta you know.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

What the hell are you whining about?

The CANON Anakin Skywalker page is ******* HUGE.

It's got plenty on the events of the movies. The PT summary looks a bit short, but the OT summary is larger.

It has, like, almost the entirety of TCW. It looks like they just copied and pasted the TCW stuff from the original page. It has all the way up to the S5 finale. Yeah, sure, it's probably missing a few details, but I couldn't be bothered to read the DOZENS of paragraphs on TCW to see what exactly it was missing. Look at the appearances section. Every TCW episode he's in is there.

It has tons of stuff from the new canon comics that I know nothing about, but they're there, including over a dozen pictures.

The relationship section is MASSIVE, even including a section on his relationship with Yoda. And, of course, all the ones you would expect, like Padme, Shmi, Obi-Wan, Tarkin, and yes, Ahsoka Tano.

You're acting like Anakin Skywalker's CANON page is, like, three paragraphs, when it's absolutely huge. What more do you want?

It's been over two months since you last asked for a more detailed article. Whatever it is you want, you could have done it yourself.

jSarek and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

The only thin there missing is for Siege of Lothal and Vader Comic stuff.

14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I never said that Anakin's page was badly written or anything I was asking for it to be complete like the legends articles usually are

15. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    It's not Wookieepedia, but the tvtropes page for the new Expanded Universe and Star Wars in general links to pages for the new books and comics and the main and secondary characters from the new material and even some of the short stories from Star Wars Insider. Heck, they even mention the short comics from the Star Wars Rebels Magazine!

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  16. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Can't anyone contribute? In which case, you could go finish it up. If no one else is interested in doing so, it doesn't mean they have to do it. Wookieepedia, in the end, is a fan creation.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Not that I'm making excuses here, I'd love to contribute to Wookiepedia but I can hardly make my posts on these forums make sense let alone, write a definitive article on a core star wars character.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just do what I do. I just create the article and have 1 sentence or I just help and add tags.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  19. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I actually have signed up to wookiepedia to try it out. I gave Gord Grallik a page. So any fans of Gord out there you're welcome:p

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have never been one for creating articles under most circumstances, so even without my complete disinterest in the new canon, I am not likely to touch such articles anyway.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the Rebels run a holowebsite called "Wookieeleaks" that exposes the Empire.

22. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    That is where I do a lot of my SW related editing (mostly on the character sheets). I've been doing my best to keep those lists up to date and create new pages. Clearly not doing so well though: I just realized I need to add JJM's new short story to that list while Heir to the Jedi and the Kanan comic still need pages.

Iron_lord and Cynda like this.
  23. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I signed up to Wookiepedia to finish Anakin's page but it won't let me so instead I added a bit to Cad Bane's page. I'll now be able to sleep in peace tonight knowing that people can now read a badly written paragraph summing up Cad Bane's part in the hunt for Ziro:p

Barriss_Coffee and darskpine10 like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Finally after 30 minutes The Bad Batch now have pages for all of them ya.[face_party]

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, but you have to make sure to go to the .reb site because the same-named .rim site is about... something else entirely.

People on the HoloNet are weird.

jSarek, vstarvan, Riv_Shiel and 6 others like this.