main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got edited for "ass" at about the same time.

Dammit.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Those sons of PANTS.

Vthuil and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

F'n F

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    It's good for info but not to be a part of it tbh.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Force Awakens will have a character with a title of

"Supreme Leader". Also the article on Supreme Leader sez Legends on it but was on the Clone Wars animated series which makes it a Legends and a canon title too. Oh my!

6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    It seems the wook is updating the comics a lot more than they are the new novels.

They have this much about Aphra from only three issues.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aphra

And this much from Cham Syndulla after a cartoon series and a novel

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cham_Syndulla/Canon

Maybe they are more willing to read the comics because it doesn't requie the same type of time commitment that reading a novel does.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Or maybe because it's Aphra. ;)

I mean lets face it, Cham's a bit generic. Isval certainly stole the show from him in Lords of the Sith.

BigAl6ft6 and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Was about to start editing....However:
    Laptop:.Go on TK-421 try edit that sandbox....oh whats this?!Lol internet explorer is not responding!And look! Some weird stuff about listing favourites has come up and,wont go away for some reason!I dont suck TK-421!

Samsung tablet: Oh whats this TK-421?Wookieepedia's sandbox?Dont worry the laptop warned me of your quest to write Janus Kasmirs page...BOOM!Ha! I let you click the button that lets you write in bold text ,but now if you try to write anything else the page ****'s itself up! And then fixes itself so you can fail again!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    TK-421, why don't you update your browsers? TK-421, why don't you update your browsers?

We're fine, we're all fine here, thank you--how are you?

10. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Ah ha!It turns out that only the sandbox for practicing edits,hates my guts!Now I just need to think of some good wording for Janus kasmirs article...

11. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Not sure if this would deserve a whole thread, but...

What is the deal with Kybo Ren (from the Droids cartoon) having nearly the same name as new Force Awakens baddie Kylo Ren?

Was his name pulled from the archives of unused Lucas character names...or is it just coincidence?

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe they use a generate your own Star Wars name software,lol.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It is not like that happen all the time in the real world you know.

14. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    The real world? Well, of course. But this is fiction. I'm not wondering why this is, in-universe. I'm wondering if this is planned or circumstantial in ours.

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Star Wars has to have well over a thousand character names throughout the EU; the odds are good that at least one new name is going to sound somewhat like an old one.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    There are probably close to a thousand names in the new canon already, with TCW, Ultimate Star Wars, novels etc. There has to be a whole lot more than that in the EU/Legends, so yes, the odds are very good indeed.

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yeah, like see how popular the surname Starkiller is.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The name of Andy Serkis's character also seems to either have EU origins, or is coincidentally identical (unlike Kylo I suspect the latter in this case): Snoke Loroan

His article also has the most hilarious notice: This article is about the Corellian pilot. You may be looking for the Supreme Leader.:p

Riv_Shiel and CooperTFN like this.
  19. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

It is interesting if Abrams is just taking names out of the Holocron or if he is coming up with these names on his own. Maybe they will put that stuff on the special features.

In anycase though Snoke Loroan only appeared in one book back in 1992 so you wouldn't think he would stand out much. Though they may have just been looking for names that are easy to pronounce (alot of the EU characters had really weird names that are hard to pronounce and you wouldn't really want that in a movie).

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There are multiple Finn's as well.

21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Ben Burtt is involved with TFA, isn't he? He seemed to have had a lot of influence in getting Droids references into the prequels.

22. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Dr. Steve Brule...I think you nailed it! Of course, it must be. It is indeed because of Burtt that "Boonta" and "Bogden" made their way into the Prequels. And then of course, his own background portrayal of Ebenn Q3 Baobab, the relative of Mungo Baobab.

So maybe Kylo really is related to Kybo? I actually rather like the idea, if for no reason than tying Droids to the Sequel Trilogy and having no one in their right mind ever expect such a thing. =D=

DarthJaceus, Vthuil, B3 and 2 others like this.
  23. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    As for multiple Finns...I think that is to be expected across thousands of stories. It is a rather common sci-fi-sounding name. "Kylo Ren" just sounds a little too unique to be a complete coincidence.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I will love them forever if they stick a Pavan surname in the new stuff. I will love them even more if they have two, completely unrelated, Pavans.

Riv_Shiel, Valin__Kenobi and Kylun like this.
  25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006