WOOOHOOOO: Tatooine Box Reports

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Master_Fwiffo, May 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold_5 Jedi Padawan

Well...

Just getting started...

Blew Thru 8 Boxes...

Got my set after 4 boxes. (all AIs included)

6 were sequentially numbered. That's where I got my AI Set from.

I hit 2 boxes with 3 AI's. (1/4) Expected average.

I missed my duplicate AI Set because I got some other AI Dupes.

Missed Watto AI for my 2nd AI set.

Got tons of trades..

Traded away Qui-Gon & Lord Vader for a Jedi Knight Luke (Foil) this afternoon.

Can't decide if I want to open up any more right now or wait a bit.

Man theses boxes are sweet!

Jim Colson - Gold 5
  2. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok Red84. I just have to deal with a bunch of a$$holes where I live for trading so I was not in a very good mood when I saw your comment. But the way I told you is really how it works over here, like an Auction so it can be pretty frustrating. People with more money get ALL the cards.

Anyway, I understand you like Padme too but none in 2 1/2 boxes... talk about bad luck.

A guy at the local card store got: 3 Darth Mauls, 1 Qui-Gon, 2 Obi-Wans (AI and regular) 2 Padmes (AI and regular) 2 Aurra-Sings (AI and Regular) and Qui-Gon's saber in one box.
  3. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Would it make you feel any better that it took me two boxes to get my 1 Padme, 1 Obi-Wan, and 0 Mauls ;) I was pretty ticked...especially since I was a Maul away from a complete set. Yet I still managed to get my fill of Threepio, Qui-Gon, Watto, Sebulba, and Boonta Eve Podraces (got 6 of those).
  4. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That sucks man. ONe of my best friends got 0 Mauls in his first two boxes but 3 in his 3rd. He has 3 Padme also, one each box. Would that have been so hard to have that?

I have 5 3-Po's, 4 Sebulbas...
  5. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    no, i would have been contect to get a Padme and Maul in each of my boxes as opposed to the otehr stuff. I could've lived without an Aurra even if it meant getting my Padme or Maul.
  6. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You got that right. I finally got one Padme. I had to give up two Tramples foil for her, but it was worth it. I have the AI. Now to get the 3 more I want...
  7. JOB-DO-HUTT Jedi Youngling

I JUST GOT 5 PACKS AND GOT MAUL, QUI-GON AND SEBULBA. NOT BAD FOR $17.00.
  8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    $17? Each pack costs $3, so that should only have been $15.

Anyway, I bought another box. This once did not have a Maul, Padme or Threepio. I got 2 Qui-Gons, though, and an Aurra Sing AI.
  9. JOB-DO-HUTT Jedi Youngling

YEAH, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 15 BUT AT $3.29 A PACK PLUS TAX. I SHOULD HAVE MY BOX FRIDAY.
  10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Sales tax is evil. That's why I live in a state that doesn't have it. :)
  11. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I bought 5 packs the other day and my first rare was Aurra Sing. I seem to have a thing for getting one of the must-haves from a set in the first pack I open from that expansion. My first pack of ANH, I got R2-D2. With Hoth I got Luke. Dagobah I got Yoda. Cloud City, Boba Fett and so on. Needless to say, I enjoy keeping my streak going for as long as possible.

One thing I do like about this expansion are the rule cards. Much better than the rule sheets that came with other expansions. Being a student means that getting a box is somewhat rare and so the actual rulesheets (for die-hard collectors like me) are even harder to come by when you're on my budget.

If anyone has any rulesheets from other expansions that they don't need and are in good condition, PM me (heck, lemmie know if yer lookin' for any cards as well) and we'll try to work out something.
  12. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I bought 7 packs and I got a Padme, Jar Jar & Aurra Sing, but the one I wanted badly... Watto, I didn't get. Maybe because I only bought 7 packs. How can you tell if you got the AI version?
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    the episode 1 logo (near the expansion logo) will have a gold rim on the AI images insetad of the normal "dirty steel"
  14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Watto isn't really that good, so don't feel bad you didn't get him.
  15. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    There's a nasty drought of Watto cards here in Connecticut. Two of my friends opened up a case between them and didn't get one Watto.
  16. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here in Montreal, we have lots of Watto and Sebulba. We lack Padmes and Darth Mauls.
  17. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My friend went to a sealed tourney and between him and a friend got 6 mains, including 2 qui gons
  18. Jedikynes Jedi Master

star 1
    Thats bad no wattos. I ended up getting 2 in my boxes.
  19. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    It seems just about everyone is lacking Padmes and Mauls.

(JK: You better not let Frank and Charlie know you have two Wattos...or at least wait till after you get your boxes of Backlash ;))
  20. NEDIT Jedi Padawan

Does anybody know of any sites that are selling signals yet?
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    In my 2 boxes, I've gotten a lot of Watto, and The Shield Is Down (3 and 4, respectively).
  23. NEDIT Jedi Padawan

Well I got my first box yesterday and got everything but Maul, Padme and Qui-Gon's Lightsaber. I got Maul the other day in some packs I bought so that leaves me short 2 cards. The one cool thing is I got both versions of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Watto in my box!
  24. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Any opinions about the new rule cards??? I'm kinda curious as to what everybody else thinks of them.
  25. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    I thought they were an excellent idea. And from what I've been hearing a lot of other people like them too. I wonder why they didn't do that for Voyager though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.