main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Word on the Street

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THEREALSHMII, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Anyone interested in going to Word on the Street on Sunday September 29?

Lotsa books...

2. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

when, where? i actually get sunday off work so this is an event i would love to attend!

3. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Already have plans to go with a friend or two...perhaps I'll bump into ya there:)

4. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I think we are all well aware of my response by now.....

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Unless the street in question is somewhere near Ottawa I'm afraid I can't make it.

6. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    So what is the word on the street?

I'm there

7. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Already planning to attend, I will see you guys there!

8. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Wha...never heard of Word on the Street?

Ok, it is a street festival where they close down part of Queen street and have every book and magazine dealer large and small come out selling their wares. There is also independent comic dealers, childrens books (English and French) and authors come out to read. It geneally starts near Spadina and Queen and goes to University.

You can generally find some really good deals, but it is extremely popular and good stuff goes fast. It's best to go early.

There's a link with more info here Word on the Street

9. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Yep! I'm going! I actually CAN this year seeing as I'm already downtown! Woohoo!

10. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, considering Duck was there last year, you'd think he was just futsing with the name of it.

Yo! What's the word on the street?

Paper!

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Would anyone be interested in meeting up either during or after Word on the Street, to see Spirited Away at the Paramount? I've checked famousplayers.com and the Star, it appears that movie passes can be used, so those with coupons are in luck (like me).

When do you figure Word on the Street will be over, or when will most of you going be finished?

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I am an idiot who doesn't read posts, even ones as simple as "Anyone interested in going to Word on the Street on Sunday September 29?"

D'oh!

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Very cool :) Wish I could make it - but I can't come home next weekend because I have to come home the weekend after that *hugegrin*. I'll probably be somewhere between St. Cat's and London that day since I'm going to the YJN parade that weekend :)

Enjoy it though guys - I can't believe I've never even heard of it - it sounds awesome!

14. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Adam,

The WOTS booths offically close around 6-ish. Some years it takes me the entire day to see WOTS, some days it doesnt. It really depends on what time I arrive downtown. I have already seen Spirited Away (3 word review: GO SEE IT :)) But it was so amazing that I wouldnt mind going again. Id prever to go to a matinee though, because otherwise I end up paying full price and I have no coupons.

Sabrina

15. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Adam...you just made my day! Sounds like a great plan! WOOHOO!

16. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    *shrugs* I am indifferent towards adam's proposition except I'm a wee little bit short on cahs and need to start saving up a bit.
    That or making some collections.

17. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, Word on the Street starts at 11AM. Why don't we all meet at the Silver Snail on Queen Street right at 11 and that will give most people a couple of hours to scan the street and then see a matinee movie if they want to.

Tragic and I will have Walkiee talkiees to comunicate if we get split up. The Star Wars liners/ xenos arrow comic people will be there promoting their wares we can make that if you-get-lost-go-to-that-booth and wait for a friendly face to appear spot.

18. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Walkie talkie??

I'll stick to my cell phone thanks.

Blessed be the unlimited nights and weekends.

But sounds cool. 11 am, guess i better grab lunch first.

19. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Well, you know Leah and I will be there...Leah because there will be vast quantities of discount books and Lit magazines, and me to attempt to keep her from dropping her life savings there. ^_^

20. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Sandwich, if you are going to Word on the Street, an an Epic duels game, will you have the money to pay us on Sunday? Please post or e-mail me an answer by Saturday so we'll know whether to pick it up. Thanks.

21. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    yes and yes. I get paid tomorrow, and while I do have some debts I need to pay off, I can spare the cash for a kick ass SW boardgame.

Say, while you're at it, grab SW Stratego too if they still have it. I wouldn't mind checking that out.

22. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    See you at 11 then.

By the way show times for Spirited Away are: 12:30
    3:30
    6:40
    9:50

23. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

i SO want to see it again...but sooo pricy :( how much is a weekend matinee anyways? like $14 or something??

24. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll be ducking in to watch Spirited Away. Now that I know cereal boxes may be used, I just might see it twice. :)

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Excellent. I, too, have a coupon and will see it again. If you haven't seen it..you should :)

Should we figure out a show time or just meet up at 11 and go from there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.