main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Word on the Street

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THEREALSHMII, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    How about we say 'definitely' for the 3:30 showing of Spirited Away. That gives folks a chance to give WotS a good going over before we pop over and get blown away by one of the year's best pics.

See you at 11 in the Snail. :)

2. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Sounds good to me!

Btw, I think a matinee at the Paramount is somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 give or take a dollar or three. I tried checking their website, but wierdly thats the ONE place where they dont post information like that.

Even if we do go to the 330 showing though I think we should probably stop by around noon when the box office opens up to buy our tickets, so that we are guaranteed seats.

Here's to hoping I dont spend all my money at the Snail before even seeing WotS!

Sabrina!

3. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    D'oh
    Unfortunately I've been reminded that I've got places to go and people to see at 4. That kills the 3:30 showing for me :(

But I will still be hitting the 12:30 showing - so for those who are going to see it at 3:30, I'll pass you on my way out and spoil the twist ending for everyone.

"I can't believe that Totoro is Chihiro's father!"
    "That's not true. That's impossible!"

And I'll still be at the Snail around 11. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

4. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey all,

Couple of things:

First, I happened to be at the Snail today, and noticed they have the new Movie Maniac figs right by the front door - at $13.99 - it's pretty decent. I grabbed the T800 Endoskeleton and Darkness from Legend!

Second - those who can't afford to see Spirited Away tomorrow, I'm considering showing a classic Miyazaki film or two at my place (I have Totoro, Kiki and Mononoke)

That is all citizens...

5. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Mononoke sound sintrigueing, heard many good things of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.