main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Wording for North Ridge Staff tshirts

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Apr 18, 2010.

?

Wording for North Ridge Staff tshirts

Poll closed Apr 18, 2010.
  1. "North Ridge Event Staff"

33.3%
  2. "North Ridge Staff"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. "North Ridge Force"

16.7%
  4. "North Ridge Volunteer"

8.3%
  5. Other - please leave response

41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    There has been some discussion about the wording on the shirts and we need to work it out soon so that we can order the shirts in time for the Bisons game.

Please vote for your choice and leave a response with your vote.

These shirts will be the bright green or red for members helping at the event in a non-costume capacity.

2. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    For more background, it was pointed out that "Costume Support" could make non-costumed members feel less important at events. That is not the case as all of our participation at events is critical in the success of the appearance.

I like either "Staff" or "Event Staff". We should keep them simple. Regardless of the wording, the general public will probably use us as an information booth anyway. I think these two versions offer a good option to keep the shirts professional.

3. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    I like North Ridge Force. Makes us sound fully a part of the group even though we're not costumed.

Kathleen

4. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    "Force" by itself is too vague for me.

Janice mentioned "Event Force" last night, which I liked a lot.

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm going to support Bryan on this one, "Event Force" sounds really good.

6. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    Event Force is good too.

Kathleen

7. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Voted Event Staff, would do the Event Force as well.

8. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    "Volunteer" sums up what we are best in my opinion, the others are good but may imply we are paid staff members.

9. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    How about "crew"?

Force sounds a little abrasive to me.

10. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    "Volunteer" is just a bit too vague. While it might not happen, there's that slim chance that someone at the event will confuse a NR volunteer for an actual event volunteer/organizer.

"Event Force" is still my favorite. I don't find it abrasive due to the pun.

I'll also accept "Minion."

11. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Love Event Force because of the play on words and the fact that the "o" can be our snowflake.

Janice

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002

People think we are employed by the venue. i find it at many of the events we do. People will stop by the table thnking we are directory assistance.

Minion......I kinda like that one! Get posting minions!!!!:p

While "Force" can incorporate the snowflake and be a play on FanForce, the ordinary person may not get the joke. If they don't, we're wearing just another tshirt.

13. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    I like "North Ridge Event Force" as it ties in with the logo on the North Ridge t-shirts "fan force." Also, will get 2 snowflakes standing in for the "O", which I think is a neat idea.
    Norma

14. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I still think "Event Force" is my favorite, but what about "Event Support?"

15. DarthMayer

DarthMayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2006
    "North Ridge Jedi Council"
    "North Ridge Event Council"
    "North Ridge Sith Security"
    "North Ridge Prop Police"

A few thoughts.............

16. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Like NR event force. Like the ESB-esque design Steve came up with on the tshirt ordering thread, remeniscent of our NR shirts. The other one IMO looked too much like the dueling club with the Jedi and the lightsaber.

:)

17. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I voted for the event staff but I really like Bryan's suggestion of Event Support

I don't think Event Force conveys enough of the purpose of the shirt. To the non-star wars obsessed its just a shirt, the "Force" could be our group name for all they know. I also don't care for replacing the "o" with our snowflake as I think it makes it harder to read/recognize and its a bit overkill with the snowflake. The purpose of these particular shirts is to help "regular people" identify us as being with the North Ridge and not just another star wars fan/event attendee.

I really like the 1st logo Steve made, its different from our regular shirts, but still incorporates our name, snowflake and..... big bonus our website! One thing to consider is if the shirts are going to have a front and a back. the second logo is VERY similar to our original logo. If our original logo is on the front of the shirt, it would look kinda silly on the back. or vice versa

As far as people mistaking us for being volunteers/staff/coordinators of the event we are taking part in... it happens no matter what your shirt says. And, in my opinion, knowing whats going on at that event is part of standing by our table.

18. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I voted for NR Event Staff.

I agree with Mindy that it really doesn't matter what the shirt says if you can't answer the questions people are going to ask.

I like Minion as well, It reminds me of The Spirit in which the thugs all had different sayings on their shirt, but all of them in some way meant lacky......

Regardless of that, I love Steve's designs and am happy the website is on it as it answers one of those question people most often ask.

There's my two cents.....;)

19. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    OK Im thinking forget about the designs and that for now and we can focus on an official name first. Cause I know I have lots of ideas but all depends on what final choice is. So I am thinking it would be better to chose a name that works first then can throw out design ideas. Also there seems to be more replys on here then actual vote.

20. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Here is just a couple other ideas for names...

North Ridge Informant

N.R.I.S. (North Ridge Information Staff)
    (North Ridge Intelligance Staff)

Or how about the North Ridge S.I.T.H. (Support Intelligance & Technical Help)

21. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I think the simpler the name the better.

Event Support is my new favorite. I liked Event Force but I get the argument that people may not get the pun, and Event Staff gives the impression of paid help.

As for the acronym names, I'd go for Professional Event Non-Imbursed Staff, but there's no way we could put that acronym on a t-shirt. :p

22. NaTR-7499

NaTR-7499 Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2009
    Hey Gang,

I voted for "North Ridge Event Staff".

Nate

23. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I like 'Event Support' but "Event Staff' would be my second choice. 'Staff' sounds like a paid gig, but we need to know the basic answers regardless.

24. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I think that "Event Support" is probably our best bet - it's got the "o" in it so we can use our nifty snowflake logo, and it tells people "I know what's going on with those people dressed in Star Wars costumes." I think whatever the wording we will probably always get questions about things unrelated to what we are doing - in those cases best practice is probably to help the person as best as possible and get them to the right people to answer their question if we don't know.

25. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    This is on the agenda to discuss at the meeting.

I too am in favor of Event Support. We can still use the snowflake if everyone wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.