JCC Wordplay

Discussion in 'Community' started by Condition2SQ, May 24, 2013.

1. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So, I'm a huge fan of the Fast & Furious franchise, and the lyrics of the chorus of this song absolutely blew my mind

1 shot everything rides on 2night even if I've got 3 strikes I'mma go 4 it. A. I'm not to be played with Bcause it could get dangerous. C these people I ride with.

I'm not much of a rap fan besides the obligatory stuff(2Pac is awesomezz!!), but if the more well-informed among us can point me towards more of this kind of thing, I would be delighted.
  2. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    I was all set for a kind of new communal JC game and then it's this.
    jp-30, Everton and tom like this.
  3. Diggy Force Ghost

star 4
    The longest palindromic word in the Oxford English Dictionary is the onomatopoeic tattarrattat, coined by James Joyce in Ulysses (1922) for a knock on the door. The Guinness Book of Records gives the title to detartrated, the preterit and past participle of detartrate, a chemical term meaning to remove tartrates. Rotavator, a trademarked name for an agricultural machine, is often listed in dictionaries. The term redivider is used by some writers but appears to be an invented or derived term—only redivide and redivision appear in the Shorter Oxford Dictionary. Malayalam, an Indian language, is of equal length.

So let's see:

tattarrattat (onomatopoeic)
    detartrated
    Rotavator (trademark)
    redivider (disputed)
    Malayalam
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  5. JangoMike Force Ghost

star 4
    People actually like The Fast and the Furious????
  6. tom Chosen One

star 6
    you might like sage francis.