main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Words For the Modern Intellect

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Granola, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granola

Granola Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    Why must the rain be implemented with gloom and disgrace? We all look up to the sky and mumble unnecessary profanities. Yet the rain still falls and soils our clothes, dampens our bodies, and drowns our spirits. We wait, with every oscillation of the clock, for it to arrest. And when it does, a sigh of relief surrounds our bodies, just like the air we breath...a new day begins.

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    In any other board this would probably be considered spam (especially under Shara's reign of terror :p) but here we welcome such profound statements! I commend you on your use of the English language.

3. JBMW

JBMW Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I don't. Ok so I'm a nerd but reading that was like nails down a blackboard to my delicate language sensibilities.

>Why must the rain be implemented...
    The rain isn't 'implemented' - perhaps you meant 'met with'?

>Yet the rain still falls and soils our clothes...
    Hmm last I checked water doesn't 'soil' anything.

>We wait, with every oscillation of the clock, for it to arrest.
    ARRRGGHHH If one of my students had written this, I would have taken her out and shot her. Clocks don't oscillate. Perhaps the pendulum on a clock might, but not the actual clock. And umm that's an incorrect use of 'arrest' even though a $2 thesaurus would have you believe it's synonymous with 'stop'.

Hmm or maybe I'm just not modern/intellectual/deep enough to understand it.

If I were I'd be able to write in the fashion of one such as Granola who is a shining ray of light in the dark melancholic universe of winter, which envelops our earth-bound souls in a mist of rushing traffic and draining schedules, leaving a layer of pollution like a ring of dirt above the bathtub of our lives. /puke!

4. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Alright, fine, so it IS spam. I probably should have made sarcasm evident in my last post. ;)

There's nothing wrong with blatantly encouraging more posts on this board though, is there? :p

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    'Tis the hallmark of Victorian FanForce - the bastion of all that could be ordained intellectual or at least intelligable - to be strutting around with an air of arrogant confidence that our merciless persecution of the English language is somehow justified by the lack of a 'no' from the conceptualised and aforementioned language which we have just raped.
    Yet the meaning of it all? Look not for it, for the value of my words and yours lies not in their meaning, but in the gradual ascent of VicFF's post count, forever indebted to our proverbial plethora of pointless, preposterous pontification.

Afternoon Boys, time to Dump. ;)

6. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Ummm....yeah, what he said. ;)

7. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Gasp a new icon HawkNC? I guess times are changing.

8. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I try not to grow too attached to an icon...besides, I was looking like a newbie with that one.

9. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Consider this Shara'a reign of terror starting, m'boys. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.