main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Words Women Say and What They Really Mean....

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] And you all know its true...

FINE

This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a
    woman looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments

FIVE MINUTES

This is half an hour. Do not bring this up as an issue. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the rubbish, so it's an even trade

NOTHING

This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn
    you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument
    that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine"

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows)

This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows)

This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care". You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools
    off

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH

Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with
    the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow."

GO AHEAD

At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble

PLEASE DO

This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing
    whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and
    you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS

A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome

THANKS A LOT

This is much different from "Thanks". A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh." Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I ain't sayin' nuthin'!!! I'll just stand silently, and perfectly still, over here in the corner until I'm addressed.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I've trained him well. ;) [face_devil]

4. bigheadwookie

bigheadwookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2003
    yep, all those things are 115% true.
    learned from my mom. :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hehehehe..... Trust me, you'll know even more soon enough!!!! Just keep your mouth shut and your head down. That's all the advice I can give you.

Oh, and do what you're told. It's easier that way.

6. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Wow. I'm sticking with Tim and pleading the 5th!!! Dangerous ground!!! (Yeah, also a very bad Segal movie!! Yuck!!) :p

7. bigheadwookie

bigheadwookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2003
    I have also learned from my girl friend (not the space), but that doesn't really count, because it was only a "relationship" for 4 days. :(

8. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Thank you very much, rhonda. Perhaps J should read this. He might just understand.

Joy, with a large smile.

9. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Whats it mean when a woman says she is going to kill you?

10. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    That she is going to kill you, but that she cares enough to warn you. :p

11. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    ((still quiet)) ............ :)

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Mandy: And that, even though she's in the process of taking your life, she still deeply loves you.

Chris: Ditto.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
  14. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Thanks for translating that for me Mandy :D Now I know when I should run for my life!!! And the whole time I thought that meant that I won.

15. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    good lord, I used to be able to rant on and on about this and have spent many hours doing so on other boards, but i just don't have the energy anymore.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    It's not worth it, man. We're always going to lose this battle, and you know why.

17. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Because the male species doesnt have a flag... just the P013

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hehehehehe..... You said PO13.

Why, no....we haven't been drinking!

19. DBRANIGE

DBRANIGE Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2003
    ONE TIME THIS WOMAN SENT ME A MESSAGE THROUGH AN ASTROMECH DROID ASKING ME TO HELP HER AND SAYING THAT I WAS HER "ONLY HOPE." I WONDER WHAT IT REALLY MEANT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.