main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Work Day

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi_onasi, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I am just putting this idea out into space. Would anyone be interested in having a little work day. Everyone could bring their costumes, whether they are complete or not and we could all get together and work on them, help each other and just hang out in general. I think it would be great if it was at someone's house. I would volunteer ours...but we're kinda out of the way...but if we had to have it here I don't mind. :) So yeah, that's my idea. [face_peace]

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm in, as long as it's in the new year...
    Does anyone have a serger?

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'd be game, and our house is always available. Just let us know when.

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I love it! About the only thing I can contribute is needle, thread and a lot of enthusiasm. Haven't sewed much more than a button for many many years, but could probably pick it back up without much trouble. Guess I need to figure out what to sew, huh? Anytime after the new year works for me!

5. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Oh yay! I'm so glad people are willing to participate. After the new year works for me too. =D=

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    What can I say?

The IEFF rocks!! [face_dancing]

7. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    That sounds like fun...I am definitely interested.

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow...now that sounds cool!

9. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    That does sound pretty cool, maybe that would actually supply me the time and inclination to finish building my lightsaber.... [face_worried]

10. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I have been wishing for a day like this forever. I need to find the pattern for the New Hope Han Solo shirt, and would love to have a tunic for my Jedi costume. I have some patterns and a brand new sewing machine that has not been used by me. That is so wrong. After the new year would be great. Maybe I can have somthing ready for C4. Yee Ha!

11. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
  12. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    No, I haven't tried that site yet. Thank you for the suggestion.

13. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I love that site. It's saved under my favorites. :D I go to it regularly. They have loads of useful information for both trilogies.

14. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Im so in i have dozens of holes in my fingers anyway working on my darth Nihilus mask and converting my darth maul costume i wore to comicon last year.

When and where

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm officially on my way to having my first complete costume!!! I got my tunic, tabards and cloth belt back from my friend. It looks great!!! Now, I need to figure out what cloth I want and make a robe, pants and under tunic/dickie. I think the boots I have look okay, so I'll only need to get a belt. Ouch!! I think those are a little costly!

Merry Christmas to me!!! I've got my costume going!!! [face_dancing]

16. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice to hear about your costume. Looking forward to seeing it. You sound quite excited! Don't blame you a bit.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Is there any chance of having a work day before the CHOC party on the 6th? I'm thinkin' it would be extremely scary if I only had the tunic and boots to wear. [face_sick] Not a pretty picture no matter how ya look at it! [face_laugh]

I'm hoping that I can make the robe and pants pretty much myself (with the help of somebody's sewing machine and a few pointers).

Do any dates between January 2 & 5 work?

What say you? (had to add that in as I'm listening to the Pirates soundtrack)

18. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Jan 2-5 sounds good could use notice asap to make sure I can get day off.

Donald Rocky Morales

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How about Wednesday, January 3rd?

JM, it seems like you'd mentioned it being okay to meet at your house. Will that still work or should be plan on meeting elsewhere?

Anybody else want to chime in here?

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I need pants and my Jedi robe by the 6th. Does the 3rd work for anybody? If not, JM, can I borrow that sewing machine and see what I can do? I haven't sewn in about 25 years. WOW!! If I remember something that happened that long ago really clearly, does that mean I'm old???

Just pondering...

No anwers necessary!!

:D

21. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Yeah, we could do it Jan. 3rd. I just have an apt. with Ryan from 10-11am so we'll be home after 11:30 am. Kari- you can always borrow the stuff we have for the Jedi outfit for the 6th if that makes it easier than trying to rush. Also, you're welcome to borrow the belt.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I wasn't sure if that outfit was already spoken for on the 6th. I'd love to have mine finished, but if I don't, I'd sure appreciate the loan!

23. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    The only time I would have available between those dates is the evening of the 5th... :(

24. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm free evenings.

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Where do you live, Jedi_Onasi?

I just bought fabric for the jedi costume I'm going to make. Woot! I also found some better, thinner vinyl material to redo my Pilot Padme vest. You have no idea how hard it's been to find THIN dark green vinyl! And we also bought the plastic base masks for Tusken raiders from the guy over at StudioCreations, and the face pieces from someone over on the 501st boards. Cheating, yes, but much easier. We'll be matchy-matchy sandpeople.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.