main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

work in progress welsh_stormtrooper graphic

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by welsh_stormtrooper, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welsh_stormtrooper

welsh_stormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    HI guys, Im half thinking of making a staw wars related website and as part of my design I thought it would be cool to have an animation of a holographic stormtrooper. So over the weekend Ive been working on this graphic in photoshop and flash, using an actual picture of myself in my stormtrooper armor :). Its not finished yet because I want to add a little bit more distortion and ghosting etc and also make a background for it so that the opacity change is more obvious. Ive also got a pretty cool welsh/imperial logo I made and need to add to it later. Let me know what you think guys . . heres the link. (it looks better when viewed at 800 resolution, tho it may run rather slow on older PCs)

http://img29.exs.cx/my.phploc=img29&image=welshstormtroperprofile.swf

2. welsh_stormtrooper

Sep 26, 2004
    hmmm . . for some reason the link doesnt seem to work from this thread. . but it can be viewed by clicking on the picture link in my profile too. By the way . . any news on the meet up welshguy?

Thanks.

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    So that's you in a storm trooper outfit is it then! Most impressive I must say. If you don't mind me asking, but how much did that costume set you back?

Details of the meetup are going to be posted very very soon, so bare with me while I finalise some details. Thanks.

4. welsh_stormtrooper

Sep 26, 2004
    Hi welshguy, the stormtroper armor wasnt cheap at around £400 including delivery from California, plus they ship in kitform so I had so spend quite a while putting it together (no I dont have a girlfriend at the moment lol). But when its all put together and you wear it for the fist time it all worth it . . .:) Ive obsessed about the stormtroopers ever since I saw ANH when I was like 6 years old so it was a dream come true to buy the armor. Now im thinking of putting together a small site about the armor and thats why Im making this graphic. As a graphic designer in training its also very good practice for me to learn more about the different programs I use :) Ive just been adding some ghosting effects and subtle changes in colour and it really adds to the overall look (not uploaded yet as I'l post the final version as soon as its done, sometime this week hopefully). No rush regarding the meet, I'l keep an eye on the board for the latest.

5. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    It looks cool man

i migth not be able to come to the meet up because of money problems :( dam work missing my hours up

6. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    WOAH nice armour ;)

... just one of your guys tell him to run away and I will sulk :p

7. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Aghhhh!!!

She found the thread, I don't know how, but she found it!

Run, run you crazy fool.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.