main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Workin' on our website...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Night, check your PMs, please.

2. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Noble City Representative of the Sovereign City Phoenix...
    I wasn't trying to badger him or anyone else.

I was merely trying to point out that there might be a cheaper alternative, for exactly the reason you mentioned, kreleia:
    There won't be 600,000 hits/month, so paying for that much might not be necessary.

You might not know that sites offer unlimited hits for -less- costs, because the webspace isn't that large. And 200MB is quite a lot, actually more than a lot of companies' homepages, and you're trying to build a fansite, don't you?

With less webspace, the total amount of hits and bandwidth used often is not an issue.

I was not trying to say "get unlimited hits" because you need it. What I was trying to say was that some hosts don't impose those "restrictions" for even less costs.
    (Yes, sounds like it doesn't make sense, but it does.)

Basically I was just trying to help save some money... btw it's never to late for that.

Of course it's your money, and you can spend as much the way you want... ain't my business.
    :)

And thanks for coming down so harshly, it makes me feel appreciated. ;-) hehehe

No seriously, I'm kind of used to that kind of reactions. Makes me sometimes wonder if it's me or them.

3. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. First off, I don't think Erly was trying to badger anyone, he was just being practical.

That's quite a buy Sub, but do we NEED all that? If we're going to use it, fine, if not, isn't there a slightly cheaper package?

But it's fine if you want to do that, and pay for all that uneccsarry stuff. Shockwave? Uhh..

EDIT: Ah, one thing that I'm not understanding. Subjugator, is this already intact, this site you speak of that you charge others for? Or would we be making a new one?

4. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    LOL.
    There are differences between a server and a site. Maybe someone on that server has a need for shockwave. That's all I have to say.

:)

Is there something in the water?

The end.

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    OH, OK, I get it now. It's that you're paying extra for US, right?

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey!! What happened to the message that I posted here last night!? ?[face_plain] **sigh** Okay, I'll try again...

Okay, first things first.

I'm sorry.

I realize now that I overreacted and misinterpreted what was being said. I feel very very badly about jumping all over Night and Lord_Erly. I guess I just need to keep my mouth shut if I'm not completely understanding the situation. ^^;

I really did not mean to scare off Night, and sent him an apology via PM. I hope he'll be back.

I feel very badly. I'm not sure what sparked me, now that I've gone back and re-read everything (and, yes, it *does* make sense now). Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or something. **shrug**

Here's to mistakes. And here's hoping that I don't make too many more really stupid ones like this.

My sincerest apologies,
    kreleia

7. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Do not feel bad, kreleia.

I wasn't sure what kind of service Subjugator was using, so I was just playing some "what-if" cases. It was somewhat confusing to myself.
    And as it turned out I didn't get him right at all. (And I still don't get what the $50 are for, and whether it's per month or year)

And hey, everybody has a bad day every now and then.
    No hard feelings... I think you're a pretty eager and active City Rep... stay that way!

8. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    The web site is looking really great. Now we know what those mysterious lights of over Phoenix (from a few years ago) were. They were tie fighters.

9. Gavin

Gavin Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2001
    The site is looking really great. Pretty much what I envisioned! Nice job Subjugator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.