main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Working on a Animated movie....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Nythaka, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    Hi folks. I'm working on a remake of my Machinima film "Final Redemption" and I'm doing it as an animation.

(for those that didn't see my welcome thread, "Final redemption" was a fan film I made in the star wars galaxies game based on fan fiction I have been writing for years....no one takes game films seriously though which is why I am remaking it as an animation)

Anyway, I know there are a few folks here who do lightsaber training around here, and I really need to get a few people to volunteer to coreograph and be filmed doing some saber fights, so I can use the video as a guide for my animations.

The storyline does involve female jedi characters in the primary roles, so it would be cool to have a few women help out (just some ways the body moves us guys can't do) but all in all I can still use guys fighting it out as a guide. (it's technically 3 female and 1 male who use lightsabers in the storyline :) )

If you want to see a sample of what I am doing I have a teaser up on YouTube right now. It is basically just some of the test footage I have done for this so far to make sure I can pull it off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KILI6Mip6yU

Cheers

2. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    That sounds really interesting. I will bring it up at the next saber class. This is the kind of thing we were waiting for. :)

3. EL_Mattman

EL_Mattman Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2007
    That sounds really interesting, I'd love to help out. I don't have any lightsaber training but I do have some experience making movies.

4. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    Does that film experience by chance include adding special effects? because I am going to need some help there with the space battles. I can get the models working and moving but adding engine effects and blaster effects is something I may need help with :)

5. EL_Mattman

EL_Mattman Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2007
    No sorry, I'm trying to get into that though. I've got more experience with live action film, directing, editing, screenwriting.

6. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    I don't have nearly as much experience swinging a lightsaber as the senior members but I'll be willing to help you out with what I know.

7. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    Been crazy busy so sorry I havn't made any of the meets....meanwhile I just posted a new trailer for my Animated fan flick on youtube. It's coming along a bit slower than expected but I still think I'll make my deadline :)

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HvuudVxaz0

Feedback on the stuff you see here is always welcome.

8. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    Your stuff looks great! Keep up the good work!

9. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    For tonight only (will probably be up until 2am) I have a sneak peek of the first chapter to this animated fan flick. It's low quality but you are free to download and take a peek

((keep in mind I am new at this animation thing so try not to rip it apart too bad))

Link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.