Working prop Lightsabers, which is best?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Zeronova, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Zeronova Jedi Padawan

I'm currently surfing around the fan-made prop lightsabers, and needless to say, I want a lightsaber that not only looks good, but works. When I say "works", I mean that I'm able to use in duels with friends, and will not be at all bad. No bending, no snapping, good quality, the works. Currently, I have ound Lightech and Parks Sabers to be good, but, which would you all prefer as an affordable (currently, I like Parks Sabers designs and prices much better than Lightech) and good lightsaber replica?
  2. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Parksabers, no question.
  3. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't own one, but Parks sabers look the best.
  4. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Parksabers is the best in the EL-lightsaber business. I wouldn't go to anyone else.
  5. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    http://www.Parksabers.com

Those lightsabers are unbreakable. Our club has used them in lightsaber training classes for dueling, and two of our members have won "best performance" in a costume contest for having a Jedi vs. Sith Duel with them. You can really hit hard with those sabers. Jeff Parks is one of the nicest men out there too. If you ever need an extra screw, or anything for your saber, he will most likely just send it to you for free. He takes good care of his customers which is why I have 4 of his lightsabers already, and am waiting for the Working Graflex lightsaber to be completed, so I can add a 5th lightsaber to my collection. :D
  6. Zeronova Jedi Padawan

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. So, since all of you are advocates of Park's Sabers, is there any certain saber that is more resilient than another? I think either the Echelon or M2 are looking extremely nice. Being people who own such props, is there really a difference in every saber's amount of punishment it can take? Also, do the blades bend in use, or are they always straight. Bending could make it not look as good in duel, and it could pull on the top of the saber where it locks in, so I'm purely wondering. Also, I've read some reviews online about his sabers that say they recieved them for less than 100, now, I'm not sure, but the prices on his site are almost all about 265-285. Is this negotiable, or is he just exceedingly nice when you order and more up-front on the website? Thanks for answering my question previously, by the way.
  7. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you buy his sabers at a convention, you can get them much cheaper. You can also custom order sabers from Jeff. They do bend slightly when struck, but it is not noticeable in dueling. The slight bend is necessary otherwise the blades would break. We also filmed all the duels for our fanfilm with Parksabers. The Eschelon is a good saber, I have that one and like it a lot. If you are going to duel with the saber, it might be better to get the saber with the on/off button rather than the control box which can get in the way during dueling.
  8. Zeronova Jedi Padawan

Alright, I know this is bothering, but one last question. On Parks Sabers, most noticeably on his image where he shows all the blade's colors ( http://www.parksabers.com/Blades.jpg ) it looks like the ends are capped off with a tacky looking red piece of plastic. Now, is this just for the picture, or is that how they really are? Lightech shows their ends are sliced off on the end ( http://www.lightechindustries.com/bluebladecomp.jpg ). Considering they're both EL Blades, does Jeff just use the red-tops for appearance sakes and is the same as Lightech underneath or are they rounded off on top? Also, if the box would get in the way while dueling, that would mean either the Fusion saber or M2 is best, considering the box is all the way at the top of the saber. Next order of question is the LCD on the box on/off switches, is that a battery monitor? And since you love Parks Sabers, Mara Jade Fan, of your collection, which is your absolute favorite? Also, which do you own? Thanks a lot for all your help.
  9. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    it looks like the ends are capped off with a tacky looking red piece of plastic. Now, is this just for the picture, or is that how they really are?

- The sabers are just sold that way, when the saber arrives, simply remove the plastic end cap, takes about 1 second. The blades are sliced off at the end the same as lightech.

Also, if the box would get in the way while dueling, that would mean either the Fusion saber or M2 is best, considering the box is all the way at the top of the saber.

Not necessarily. You can call Jeff Parks directly and request the on/off button instead of the box for any of his sabers. He will do custom work no problem.

is the LCD on the box on/off switches, is that a battery monitor?

Yes, the LCD is on the on/off switch but it is not an indicator of battery power. While the saber blade is ignited it glows brightly. When the saber blade is not ignited, it blinks intermittently which is a really cool effect when you are wearing just the hilt on your belt.

which is your absolute favorite? Also, which do you own?

I have two favorites. I have the Eschelon with the Blue Blade. It is one of my two favorites as I love the fact that the hilt lights up as well... it is a very beautiful looking saber and it attracts a lot of attention. My other favorite saber is the Mara Jade saber that Jeff custom built for me. Jeff built the Mara Jade saber for the Star Wars CCG card, and he custom built me one of those sabers. I love that one because there are not too many of those around. I also have the Double Helix which is a cool lightsaber, because it screws apart in the middle and you end up with two lightsabers. I also have the "Visions" which is one of his first sabers from 1998. I am eagerly awaiting his working Graflex saber - it is my dream saber. :D
  10. Zeronova Jedi Padawan

Well, you've been a great help and I think I will go for the Parks Sabers, but, this isn't so much related to buying a saber, but, can I see some of the videos you recorded of your fights? =D Well, thanks for all your help anyways.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.