main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Workshops.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I have started this thread for any upcoming prop workshops.

I know a few of you would like a workshop on sintra so, I would like to invite people over to my house to cut, shape and do anything else to get your costumes up and running. I am free next weekend if you are.

Another good thing to do is have a AIM/Yahoo messemger that we can use to talk to each other online. AIM works best for me.

questions? Comments? Ideas? all welcome.

Ian

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Ian,
    I have already started cutting my Sintra all day today. Are you still going to be able to come over on Wednesday? If so, maybe I could come over this weekend and finish up with all of you.

Bob

3. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I now don't know what I will be doing this week. The cartoonist Johnny support Hart died this weekend. He was a greater of our band. I don't know when the funeral will be or what's going on.

Ian

4. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I am sorry to hear that. @};-
    Let me know if you want to get together this weekend so I can bring all the sintra I have to your house.

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Yeah, I was bummed to read that yesterday on the net. Just for your knowledge Ian, they are reporting the viewings are Wednesday and Thursday and the funeral is Friday at Nineveh Presbyterian. Just let me know when you're free and we'll work it out.

6. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    If everyone can get there sintra together we can hold a workshop at my house this saturday or sunday. What day works best for you guys?

7. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    Sunday after 12pm is ok for me. I still need to get a big piece for the back plate some more small pieces for the thigh, shin, knee and elbows but most of the others are ready to be cut out.

8. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Either day would work for me. I can't do it past 4 p.m. on Saturday as my wife is working closing shift, but if you have entertainment for the kids (a movie's usually good), then I'm game. My sintra is almost all cut out and I'm going to "play" a little tonight. Jag Vader, if you need more Sintra and need a big piece, just bring five or ten bucks and you could "buy" some off me ;). I'm just going to need help shaping mine. Once mine is shaped, then all I need to do is paint.

9. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Trebor,

I don't want to short you but that would be awsome If I could.. This works out great, Wife is out of town for the weekend with our son...[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thanks Trebor
    P.S. Check your emails for Kilt Night info

[image=http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/JagVader/Directions.jpg]

10. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Hey, you're not shorting me. I just finished cutting all my parts and I still have two whole sheets yet. No problem!!

11. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Sunday sounds best after 12pm at Ian's house and I will bring back-up sintra
    BTW
    I just heard that if the Japanese didn?t make this last order my company would be out of buesness this month. Oh Frell! I need another job!

12. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    I'll need Directions.

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok Sunday it is. I think Lynda will be going out so we will have the house to ourselves. I will PM anyone that needs directions.

14. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Hope were still on for Sunday due to the impending storm.
    Also has everyone seen this already pretty good lightsaber duel
    http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=630

15. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Actually, yes I have seen that video. I believe we're still on for tomorrow. I desperately need to get my armor formed so I can start to spray paint it for the Lilac Parade. That's my target goal now and I'm so close, I can smell it!! I have my jumpsuit, vest, and converted Nerf gun weapons completed (I'll bring those tomrrow). My helmet is really close. Pulled off the last layers of tape tonight and it looks pretty damn sweet if you ask me!! (I'll bring it tomorrow to show all of you) Which leaves me with having to form my armor and spray paint them. and then work on getting my velcro onto my vest (which my wife is going to sew on) and then I have to finish a form of gauntlet somehow (which I need to talk to Ian about tomorrow) and then I'm really close to being completed.

16. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Sounds awsome cant wait to see it. Need to look at how you did the paint. As the layer thing baffeles me. Wish you and karen could have made it out for the tarten night we missed ya's we left bodies everywhere when we were done. FYI it's every 2nd Saturday same place every month. Hope to see ya's next time. See everyone Sunday.

17. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks again Ian for letting us "invade" you house on Sunday. It was a blast and helped me out IMMENSLY!!! I would not be where I am now with my Mando costume were it not for you. So, to update all of you. My armor is now primed, and bottom coated in red with the first layer of red. I'm going to do three layers of each color. I should get the main part of the armor painted before the beginning of May (at least that's the hope) and should be working on Gaunts at the beginning of May. Hoop it up for Mando's!!!!

18. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Not a problem. It was a pleasure having you guys over. Does anyone else need any more help with the sintra. If anyone needs anyhelp just shout out.

19. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    I seriously need to come over Ian and you will have to show my just how to do this Mando costume...lol. I have on clue what so ever. I think I want to start on Leia's Hoth outfit too. I went to Salvation Army yesterday to see if I could find a white snowsuit and white vest....if anyone does have one or knows where to obtain one....I would highly interested in it...OOOO YA!!!!! My daughter said she would troop with us if she can do.....Aayla Secura..she looks Twlik..I can't find a decent picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.