main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG WORLD CUP 2002 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Am still pretty depressed that England is out..now got no spirit to take exams. Argh :(

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    You MUST study and take your exams . . . England will win other tornaments

Anyway, when was the last time they won the World Cup. Many, many years ago when it's the other cup. Ya, I agree that they should do something about their tactics and Brazil seems to be riding on their popularity a bit too much. :(

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks, DE :). Btw, England last won it in 1966 which was when they hosted it. Boy, I hope Korea doesn't win it :D

4. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Koreans will BURN DOWN the stadium if they lose the extra time now!

Then there will be riots!

We will know in a couple of mins time!

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

The English Fans seems a bit too quiet after their defeat. No the usual riots on the street it seems so far. :eek:

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh no, Korea won. Things don't seem to go my way these days.. :(

7. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Heh, I'm really happy about Korea winning. :) To tell you the truth I'm a bit disappointed with Casillas actually; I was supporting him too, because he's a real talented keeper considering his age. I guess that age and experience really means something for a goalkeeper; Casillas didn't have what was needed against the Koreans this time. He should have been able to catch the first Korean penalty though...

But it's good work on Korea's part, hurray! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm going for the long shot... I'm going to do my final's prediction... wonder if I'll get it... I predict that final is Senegal Vs Korea... :) I know I'll get some opposition :p But I don't care.. hahaha :D

9. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    2.6 MILLION Sing Dollars were lost at today's STRIKE! for the Korea VS Spain match!

More $$$ for Singapore Pools!

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha Nod I was actually thinking about that too :D

A more 'big' match would be Brazil VS Germany though..

11. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    AH!~~!Senegal lost..... looks like a made a wrong prediction..... [ walks away with head bowed] :p

12. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    If turkey vs senegal has not been played, i will also predict senegal vs korea. Reason not because I try to play a fool but they are the only 2 teams which play really very well. For those who watch the world cup u shld know wat I'm toking about. Coming close to them is Ireland which has a tremendous outing.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, Senegal was simply outplayed tonight by Turkey. Even though Turkey took so long to finally score, Senegal didn't look very potent upfront. ;)

14. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    yeah.. hakan sukur missed like 5 gd potential shots... if he was replaced by the goal scorer eariler, this match would be over before half time...

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hmm, I didn't watch this match though. But tough luck on senegal. Think they are inexperienced as this is their first world cup. But they finish a great job, at least better than all the 30 teams. Hmm, let's look forward to next world cup. Shld be interesting if 2006 will consist of upsets and more upsets. If senegal has won today, this will be the first time the world cup will have 4 diff continents in the semis. Can anyone confirm with me? I have no source to verify. Something one in a billion right.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    tmingyang - Don't know if that's a first time record but right now, they're 2 countries who have won before and 2 which haven't, so there's a good chance that there might be a new winner

:)

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    i'm always with the underdogs. But I'll be supporting Korea. Not brazil coz they knock my fav team Eng out. Not turkey coz they know my underdog senegal. Not german, coz they are eng arch rival and also i dunno wat they have done to go thru to the semis. US and ireland obviously are better than them. Thank to kahn. ANyway, the semis can't watch got exams. But luckily got 3rd/4th and final.
    [jazz] when ur exam end? Mine is everyday till Fri. Further math always last day.

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    tmingyang - My exam ends on thursday, so friday don't have, but I may still watch the Semi's haha. Have to see how, not really prepared for the exams.. [face_plain]

19. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Ya that's right. No matter how much I studied, I still feel unprepared. Will ur jc do anything to the students if they don't do well?

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Uh yeah, of course. Meeting with the P with your parents.

Gulp

(Actually I've experience that before.. ;))

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Haha! My buddy told me that when the bus reached Interchange, the passengers still dun want to go down becoz Korea and Spain were kicking penalty! Hahahaha! TVMobile!

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's so Singaporean :D.

What did the driver do? Maybe he didn't want to get down too ;)

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, been there, done that and add in with the underinformed teacher (boyfriend-girlfriend thinging become affair; very sociable become anti-social, constructive critics become rude).

LOL! It's always been a drag for me too when that TV is showing a good show. :D

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    THe driver bo pian... also let them watch, becoz there were like 20 passengers still watching!

BTW, the driver also JOINED IN!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

"IF YOU CANNOT BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM!"

25. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    What SBS Bus Service was that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.