main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG WORLD CUP 2002 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
  2. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    wah bedok one or boonlay.
    [de] What u referring to tell me more...
    [jazz] we used to have this sys until last yr. This yr change principal, don't care one.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    That time after our "Common Tests", those whose results not so good (didn't get 2 'A' & 2 'AO') need to have parent see teacher to get report book and the teacher said all the wrong things to the parents. I really wonder where he got his false infos. But that was in YJC.

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Dunno... never ask...
    shld be bedok lor...

5. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    DE :Ya its the usual 2A 2 ao. My sch scrap it off this year. Can be seen as sth good or bad from a certain point of perspective.

6. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    OK!
    Who do you think will be in the Finals, me think will be Brazil vs. Germany or Brazil vs. S.Korea

7. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Could be Turkey VS S Korea also mah!

It's a different game now!

8. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Brazil shouldn't even be in the last eight. Plain lucky. Turkey vs South Korea is my bet.

9. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    This is all the result of very one-sided draws in the group round, which resulted in quite a number of good teams going out, then later in the second round the good teams had to meet other good teams. That's why these semi-final line ups look as though they've got nothing going.

Hopefully Oliver Kahn does some work; otherwise Germany honestly won't have any hope.

Typical Singaporeans, thank goodness the news didn't catch them hogging the bus ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't worry, I believe Oliver Kahn will perform. He's just too reliable, and he looks really fierce..

I think it'd be Brazil and Korea, and unless Brazil freezes in the final like France98, then I think Brazil will win

:)

11. L0rd-NyaX

L0rd-NyaX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    My prediction: 2002 WC Finals Brazil vs. Korea

Korea will beat Germany, those robots are too static.. total football will defeat them.. koreans can pressure and cut out those crosses for Klose
    Brazil is too class for the Turks.. Look at how they played against the Senegalese.. Wasteful, and depend only on Sas..

And finally, Brazil will beat Korea..

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Only on Sas, and that was his least attacking match...what does that say?

Oliver Kahn kind of reminds me of Peter Schmeichel nowadays...I miss Schmikes...wish he was still playing for Denmark...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah! Same prediction :D

14. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    So how many are betting for the final two teams - Brazil vs. Korea.

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I don't gamble so betting is out for me. I don't even know how the system works! [face_laugh]

But anyone who wants a free fortune-telling can ask for my opinion :D

16. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    This beting should be prediction not betting

17. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I think its Brazil V.S Germany. By the way what was the score for the first round match between Brazil and Turkey?

18. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    i like your prediction lukedecop.
    I also think it will end up like that. But i think Germany will win the World Cup. :) :D

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Luke - Brazil won 2-1, and that was the infamous match where Rivaldo did his Academy-Award winning Act :D

My prediction: Brazil for the 5th time ;)

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    The match between Korea n Germ-many, will be much more interesting. Anyway, I hope turkey can revenge their loss during the fisrt round which they deserve to win. I have watched the match against Senegal and Turkey. Muz say turkey is a better team minus Hakan Sukur. With that performance, again minus Hakan Sukur, they shld be able to overcome Brazil. Anyway what's so great about them? They are overrated. Even if Ronaldinho is not suspended, there isn't much different. Turkey will meet Korea.

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well said. We shall see..

We shall see...
    :D

22. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    There's nothing left in this world cup for me. All the way underdogs. :)
    Those I support got knock out, Japan, Italy and England (Jazz sorry for bring up eng again).

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha it's alright, I'm kinda behind all that now. Just hope to enjoy the remaining 4 matches because not gonna have this for another 4 years :)

I remember 4 years ago: Sec 2, average streaming marks, didn't get into Lit class etc.. and now 4 years later I'm already finishing JC and going into the army! It's a big leap.. :D

I think I watched USA '94 but pretty vague, and England didn't get in that time..

24. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I watch USA'94. That was during Pri 4. The bext moment is Bulgaria upsetting Germany with that beautiful freekick. Argh. Btw, sweden also got 3rd. Not bad eh. And also the Saudi went on to second round. A saudi player score arguably one of the best goal in that tournament when he drizzle all the way from his half, beating the world best keeper at that time. He's a belgium but he's name very long. Think he michael pre homme. or watever.

25. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Thanks for the update guys but will your be able to watch the semi-finals matches live?

I hope Mr Rivaldo gets a red card PLUS the best actor award in World Cup 2002. Still prefer Ronaldo but i just figure 'why' he did not score against England... must be he forgot to shave his head. By the way BabyPadme what time is the match over at your place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.