main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

World Government

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Wow, serious topic drift.
    As to China and infanticide, according to the CIA world factbook, in the US (for comparison) there are 1.4 million more boys than girls in the 0-14 age bracket (51% of the demographic), meanwhile in China there are 17.6 million more boys than girls in the same bracket(53% of the demographic). What constitutes a problem? That's for the reader to decide I guess. o_O

I do understand the one child policy. Either take steps to keep the population low, or the population will starve. That kind of math isn't hard.

And since we are trying to return to topic:
    I don't agree that a dictatorship would be the ideal form of government. I can envision a rubric of merit can be applied to determine who is fit to rule, but even that has problems because any system I can conceive of can be cheated.

Also I belive that good or bad, people should get the government they deserve, and they do so under democracy; but we've had this discussion before.

Western culture will probably become the dominant paradigm, but this is also a result of technology and technology making communication ubiquitous. I hope that by the time we are advanced enough for a single world governement will will be teaching our children how to think criticaly and for themselves. I'm an optimist, I know.

And I'll say again, not one person on this board has suggested this can happen in the next 100 years! Why? (this is for you VadersLaMent ;) ) World culture has not homogenized to the point where divergent values and cultures can or want to meet an agreement on fundamental differences. As sensitive and complex as the topic is, Israel - Palatine is a clear example. At some level they don't want to come to an agreement, and they are literally next door.

Further, the nations holding dominant power in the world would not be willing to give up their atonomy, control, lion's share of the world economy, or luxury. The greater good is all well to argue, but in the end the dominant powers make the sacrifices, and they are not idealistic enough to see the value of those sacrifices. The political dynamic must change before we will have a one world government.

Am I wrong?

2. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Show me where Chinese pointed AK47's at Christians

Ask the Christians who have been through it.

3. JarJar Slayer

JarJar Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    I thought your original response was "PERSONAL EXPERIENCE". Why the change? Lack the conviction to back up your lie? Oh sorry I mean statement.

4. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Are you saying I wasn't one of the christians who ent through it? anyway, whatever mindless propoganda you may be feeding yourself, most people who have actually been there who aren't communists have seen the oppression 1st hand. Anyway, I'm through discussing this with you. I have witnessed people being oppressed and you can't deny that I have. Anyway, back on topic of world gov't.

One of the reasons america would never buy into it is because of the fact that it would cause us to compromise on american ideals that most citizens love in this great country of ours. why compromise what you love?

5. JarJar Slayer

JarJar Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    HAHAHAHA

Communist? My father was jailed for eight years during the cultural revolution for calling Mao's wife a bitch. My mother was sent to work on a farm despite being one of the smartest students in her school. My grandmother was accused of being a spy simply because she was an English teacher and my great grandmother died because of mistreatment.

I'm a communist? I dare say no one on this board has more reason than I to blindly critisize whatever the Chinese government does. But that was 40 years ago and doesn't apply today. And we are talking about today so why don't you get your head out of your @$$.

And no I don't believe a word you said because you've said so much that's simply BS. Mandatory conscripts indeed. Then you claim you've had a Chinese AK47 pointed at your head? When? In your dreams?

6. TK42I

TK42I Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    >>>> doing quite well? Yeah, if you disregard the poverty/homeless rate, the perversion of all multimedia <<<<

Considering that China has been trading on a global scale for anly a short period of time (as compared to the United States, I tend to think that the communist system there is rather advanced.

It won't be long before the rates you are talking about will disappear.

Watch the tides turn and tell me how leadinindustrialg cities such as Detroit compare to those in CHINA in ten years time.

If it wasn't for those major economic states like California or New York pulling the United States forward, the rest of the country would be doing rather poorly in the poverty/homeless area.

Given a more time, China will easily become the world power we can all envy... we'll just have to all learn Chinese, and have English as our second language.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ask the Christians who have been through it.

Cop out answer. Furthermore, China never was a Christian country and you've no goddam right telling people their entire belief system, with which they've lived their whole lives, is wrong. You'd not be happy if people did that in America would you?

And you're drifting us off topic.

E_S

8. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    You'd not be happy if people did that in America would you?

You mean like... Missionaries? Because you know we have those in america too. In fact the scientologists have off and on had a both at the mall to expound on the ideas of dianetics. Mormons? Baptists? Hell on this very board we have atheists tellign christians they're deluded fools(paraphrasing here mind you).

That was perhaps the weakest post you've ever even tried E_S. You completely ignore the fcat there are chinese christian,s to pretend that all of China is the same and then tack on the idea any christians there are evil for trying to get people to change their beliefs.

Absolutely total idiocy, and quite frankly i'm more then a little shocked you tried, even thoough it's obvious you're just trying to be snide and not actually address the issue because it's offtopic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.