So NV World of Darkness RPG : Vampire the Requiem

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ummmm, That seems very famaliar to me there Gerson, you Vampire the Requiem : Bloodlines playing-type guy you.
  2. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Morondude, I have researched the ritual you wish to cast. You may cast it the way you orginally wanted to but it will only work once. Becuase once the condition is met the curse is done. So if the same thing were to happen again, it would work that time. Its a once only type of thing.
  3. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What do you mean "once the condition was met". More info please :D
  4. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lets say the condition is that you want him to not be able to play the piano the next time he tries. Next time he tries to play the piano he sounds like a kid banging on a toy. The condition has been met. Next time he plays the piano however the curse wont work, unless it was recast. You cant have him "never play piano again"
  5. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ah, well then, I guess I'll have to make it count.
  6. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Still, quite the powerful tool.
  7. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I will probably be there a little later than usual as I am giving Morondude a ride tonight....So try not to be too sad when I'm not there at my usual 7:45.
  8. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just to make sure, is everyone still interested in playing my chronicle?
  9. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
  10. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If'n yours can compete with Petra's, then YES.
    If not, well, that just means more Saturdays to play Petra's.
    But seriously, yes I still want to play.
  11. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i wish to continue...cause while the book is still an important part of the story my character is special.
  12. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    If mine can compete with Petra's? IF? IF?!?!? Mine has stood the test of time you scruvy dog! IF indeed. Your character dies! BWHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, Ive been reading the World of Darkness core rulebook and it seems I made some boo-boos regarding die-rolling.

boo-boo number 1: Rerolling 10s. While rerolling 10s is correct any success on a reroll counts. and you can reroll again on a ten. So if you get 2 10 and re roll them and get a 8 and 10 you have 2 more successes and get to roll the additional 10 again.

boo-boo number 2: Dramatic Failures (Botches). Botches can only occur on a chance die. If your dice pool is reduced to nothing due to modifiers you get to roll one die as a chance die. If this dies comes up with a 1 on the first roll that is a dramatic failure.

Since I somehow misunderstood these rules and you players paid the price I am going to give you each 8 xp. Also let me know if there's anything in-game you'd like your character to have and we shall see what we can do.
  13. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay boys and girls, my campiagn now has an official title.

World of Darkness : Vampire the Requiem : Scions of Shadow

hope you like
  14. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    hmmm i have like 22 xp...i should spend it.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.