main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

World of Masks (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wampasmak, Aug 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    As the debris rained down around them, Qui-Gon looked at his padawan. "I've had enough sightseeing," He stated unconditionally, "We're going back to the hotel."
    Can't blame him a bit there. I notice Obi-Wan offered no resistance. LOL

Awesome action Wampy!!!

2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

No, no, no! Get back up with you! And don't let me see you back down here again!

3. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    *Bursts into thread, hair unkept, eyes bloodshot*

I'm writing, I swear I am! It's just taking a bit, things have been wild in Wampy World lately, and new things just seem to keep popping up, even after we got the whole business with the accident squared away. Hardly been able to get online, no time to talk, haven't slept in 35 hours, will try to finish post ASAP!

*runs off again*

4. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Hey, Wampy World has a nice ring to it!

Mouse is away on, what I believe you call, vacation. When she comes back, I go away to PARIS!!! Anyway, someone'll keep the thread up until you write.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for soon though!

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    35 hours???

Hope you get some sleep Wampy. We'll be watching for more.

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Wampy! :(

While Calam is away the mouse will play. I hope you get some much needed sleep Wampy. Back from my vacation or holiday as Calam calls it. Upping this so you can find it when you get the chance to post. Hope things have calmed down in Wampy World!

7. Puff The Magic Dragon

Puff The Magic Dragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    Wampy, I'm here and reading too! Keep it going (when you have the chance). Somebody get this young man a brandy... :)

8. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    I...WILL...POST...TONIGHT!!!

Hello, no, I'm not dead...

This is one of those times where the whole world has conspired against me and my post...

Shortly after I posted the above I caught a hell nasty flu and was in bed for about a week...

But I WILL POST TONIGHT. I'M WRITING NONSTOP UNTIL I DO...STARTING NOW.

9. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    (YES! YES! Take that flu, writer's block, Mom, plot bunnies, new job, broken alarm clock (Long story) and all other members of the Anti-Wampy Conspiracy! I'M BACK!)

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi pulled themselves to shore. It wasn't easy, Kenobi's leg was still weak, and his master had to drag him the last couple feet.

Once they'd escaped the water, Qui-Gon considered their situation. They had no idea where on Cincade they were, and none of the residents looked particularly like the kind he'd want to ask for directions. He started walking down the road the speeder had come from. It was the only thing ho COULD do.

A sudden commotion from nearby caught his attention, and he turned to see two large, burly aliens approaching a small figure in the darkness of an alleyway: a young boy, Obi-Wan's age, perhaps a few years younger.

"What's going on here?"

One of the aliens broke off and stood eye to eye with Qui-Gon. "This is no business of yours. Just walk away..."

The Jedi master gathered the Force around him and waved his hand at them. "You must be going."

"We must...be going." One of the aliens, a Gri, repeated monotonously. The one who'd spoken, however, who's species Qui-Gon didn't recognize, wasn't affected by the mind trick. He stared in disbelief at his partner.

"What are you talking about? Why..." he turned on the Jedi, a murderous look in his eye. "What the hell did you DO?"

This snapped the other one out of it, and Qui-Gon knew that they were now committed to a fight. He saw Obi-Wan reach for his lightsaber, but stopped the padawan with a glance. It might not be wise to reveal their status as Jedi in this sort of place.

The first alien pulled a blaster, and Qui-Gon drove his palm hard into his stomach, then deflected it left to knock the blaster to the ground.

Meanwhile, the Gri drove at him, but Obi-Wan lashed out with his sore leg and tripped him, wincing as he did so.

Seeing the fate of his partner, the first attacker dove for his blaster, obviously not willing to try the Jedi at hand-to-hand. Qui-Gon kicked at him, adding to his momentum and sending him sailing over his blaster into a garbage can. Qui-Gon snatched up the weapon and pointed it at the aliens, who were just now rising to their feet.

"You must be going." He repeated.

The blaster worked much better at persuasion than the Force had, and the two slunk away-

And someone laughed behind them.

Qui-Gon turned to see a stout, graying human. He looked from the rapidly retreating aliens, and back at them, still laughing lightly.

"You fight good...real tough. I need tough guys...or rather, my employer does. Mind coming with me for a bit? I promise you won't regret it..." Leaning close, he slipped some sort of coin into Qui-Gon's pocket and said softly, "Consider it a down payment."

Obviously, the man thought that anybody in the area didn't particularly care about the law. Looking around, Qui-Gon couldn't blame him.

He felt a tugging at his robe...the boy from the alley. He leaned down to hear what the boy had to say.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll get away. That guy's Zune! Run with them and you wind up dead."

The boy's statements, however, were counterproductive, as the Zune happened to be trying to kill him already, and he needed to know more about them.

"Alright, we'll go with you."

"YOU'LL go with me." The man corrected, glancing at the two youths, "Leave the orphanage behind."

Qui-Gon sighed inwardly. //Stay in the area padawan// he thought, //I'll be back soon, hopefully I'll know where we are by then//

//yes master//

Emir Glant was asleep in his office when the slicer knocked loudly.

"W, wa, wait! I'm...I'm coming..." He blearily made his way to the door, and the slicer burst in, full of excitement.

"Sir, I found it! I found the connection!"

"Yes...yes...well, what is it?"

He handed Glant the datacard. Emir stuck it in his datapad and scanned through it, his eyes widening as he did so. Here it was. The evidence they needed.

After Qui-Gon ha

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    HOORAY!!!! Wampy's back! Glad you're feeling better. You were missed!

Wonderful post! I love it how Obi and Qui just start to figure things out then hit a dead end! I hope you have more for us soon.

11. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    okay, things have calmed down in Wampy World now...everything's falling back into normal schedule.

I'm working on the next post, should be ready by Monday.

As for the Anti-Wampy Conspiracy (AWC), their agents are even at this moment hatching some sinister plan to keep me from posting...

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    O.K., I've put Garos and Far out of commission in ANTAR - you have no excuse except to post more to this thread!!

j/k

I hope you feel better soon!

13. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Oh I'm fine now, and busily writing

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Glad to know you're doing fine. Estatic to know that you're busily writing. Hope to read something soon!

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    You posted days ago and I only just foundit???
    Bad..bad me.

Leave the orphanage behind."--That man would be very surprised at what one half of that orphanage is capable of.

"I'm more adept then I first appear."--My point exactly!

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Has Wampy World become chatoic again?

If it has, just letting oyu know I'm still here waiting for a post.

17. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

HI!!!!!! I had a great time in Paris (well, apart from a couple of things which I won't bore you with). It's really tough trying to catch up on all the threads I normally read, especially when reality plonks itself in the way too! And this thread's near the top of the list, I've got loads still to go!

Thanks for the post Wampy! Glad to know the Wampy conspirators are failing.

More soon I hope!

18. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

HI!!!!!! I had a great time in Paris (well, apart from a couple of things which I won't bore you with). It's really tough trying to catch up on all the threads I normally read, especially when reality plonks itself in the way too! And this thread's near the top of the list, I've got loads still to go!

Thanks for the post Wampy! Glad to know the Wampy conspirators are failing.

More soon I hope!

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hey Wampy! Will you -PLEASE- post for us?

Or at least come back and say hi. Hope everything is okay.

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Has the AWC managed to pull ahead with some diabolical plan??? Or is the ever dreaded RL reeking havoc???

21. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Yes, in fact, the AWC has been on a rampage again, this time sinking to a new low by sabotaging my PC. There was an error with Juno's backups, so not only did I lose many important e-mails I wanted to keep, but all my saved draft files (Which is where I store works in progress) I lost an almost complete Vendetta: Part 1 and a halfway done WoM post. And then two days later I started getting strange error messages whenever I booted up, so I had to take it to the shop and get some techno-babbly thing inside it replaced. I swear, it seems like this damned thing breaks down every week... soon as I get the money I'm replacing it with something top o' the line...which is what this seemed like back when I bought it.

And of course there was the usual round of writer's block to go with it.

It's amazing how often things like this happen to me, seems like I have the worst luck in the world. Anyway, truly, truly, TRULY sorry for all the delays, I'll try to post tomorrow...yes, I know, this IS ridiculous. Take it up with the AWC...(Watch my kitchen catch fire tonight)

22. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Awwwwww, if I could give you a hug, I would! We'll all patiently wait until you're ready to post.

Um, think I'd better quickly go off and copy my stories to disk...

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Definitely a hug...and some warm chocolate chip cookies too.

Sounds like a good idea Calam, I only just found out SASWM was corrupted in the move to Snowboards and had to cut and paste it all to Word, adding the lost parts from my hand written copy. Didn't think about putting it on disk...until now.

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Big hugs all around!

I just recently saved everything to disk. Now watch me lose my disk! Glad to know that you are all right Wampy. Now go give the AWC a good WHACK! And tell them to leave you alone!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    WHACK!!
    Bad AWC, bad! You leave Wampy alone! He needs to post.

Hope everything is well in Wampy World. Hope to see you back soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.