main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I went back a few pages and didn't find a thread for this game...so here we go.

I started playing this back in May...and oh boy is it addicting. There is nothing quite like blowing up a bunch of tanks while listening to good music.:D

Basically, its an arcade game. There isn't a story at all (not even the minor story like in WoW and the like). This game is entirely blowing away other players, which is surprisingly fun. Especially when you get a match where you're the top tank and can then proceed to beat up on the peons below you.:p

Another good thing is its free to play, and free to download. You don't have to spend a cent on this game if you don't want to. Which is a plus for those of us (like me) who don't have the money to spare.

There are downsides though...

1. The leveling up takes A LONG TIME (tm) without buying gold (in-game money) to get free XP.

2. The matchmaker is downright BRUTAL sometimes...you can end up in a light tank facing the likes of the King Tiger. Needless to say, it doesn't end well.

3. You will learn to hate Tier IV battles...just trust me on that one.

Otherwise though, this game is very fun and addicting. To anyone who has spare time to play it, I highly recommended World of Tanks.:D