main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Except that's the thing, you have to play hard mode nerd point farming for a challenge and that's ridiculous. I think raiding peaked with Tier 6 in terms of relative difficulty, and there's been nothing like it in WOTLK. The Argent Tournament raid is a transparent stop-gap measure because Icecrown25 isn't ready yet.

ES

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/15059/next-wow-expansion-set-to-add-additional-races/

Does it make sense that the Worgen would join the Alliance?

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Actually, yes. At the southern end of Silverpine Forest - the primary Worgen area of the game at the moment - is the Greymane Wall. That wall separates Silverpine and Gilneas. If the people of Gilneas are all infected with a disease that causes them to turn into Worgen - like the people in the Alliance village in northern Silverpine - then it makes sense for an Alliance allied people to be Worgen.

So: 3.2.2 will bring ONYXIA back! ZOMG! I'm more excited by this than I was for 3.2. Back to DEEP BREATHS!

I can just imagine the achievements.

Don't stand in the fire: Kill Onyxia without any member of the raid being hit by a deep breath.
    Onyxia deep breaths more: Kill Onyxia after every member of the raid has been hit by a deep breath.
    Hit it like you mean it: Kill Onyxia in under 4 minutes.
    More dots!: Bring Onyxia back to the ground in less than 45 seconds.
    MANY WHELPS: Kill 100 whelps in under 15 seconds.

4. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Yay for recycling old content. Naxx worked out so incredibly well, I'm so excited for this.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Couple of noob questions.

1- Does anyone know what's going on with the dungeons? I haven't been able to get into a dungeon in ages now, all of the ones on my server from Utgarde down are constantly giving that error message. It used to only be once in a while but since the patch it's worse. Any other servers have it this severe, or is it just mine?

2- I'm trying engineering for the first time - besides selling pets, is there another way to make moneys on the AH? I know it won't be much, but something is better than nothing.

6. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    1- Probably because everyone is farming the new conquests badges which puts everyone on an even keel as far as gearing up goes, so every single person and their mom is farming out badges in heroics, meaning the instance servers are as clogged as my arteries, so if you're on a very busy server, see if you can get a transfer to a lower population one, unless you're really attached to the people, or just wait and hope they fix it *snicker*

2- Hunters use engineers for ammo (I know I do), explosives come in handy, but I think you need engineering to use them, and mounts can be made by an engineer, but the mats for most of them are insane. Best bet right now for making the g is to take up mining. It supports engineering with all the metals, plus jewelcrafters are going bonkers to prospect titanium and saronite (which you'll be drowning in if you spend any time in Icecrown).

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Naxxramas did what it was supposed to do, and it's what Blizzard promised that they'd do quite some time ago. It's for people to gear up in, and learn basic raiding skills in. It's the kiddy pool. Don't blame the failings of Naxxramas on it being recycled, blame them on where it is in progression.

EDIT: Rather than double post!

Cataclysm is now official. And man, the teaser art showing Deathwing is darn sweet. Definitely looking forward to this, and I'm more certain than ever that I'm rerolling Worgen. Probably Warlock, maybe Rogue.

-Frosthope the Celestial Defender

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    MAN Cataclysm looks cool! I love the fact that the old zones are getting a makeover. Heroic Deadmines will be awesome. I haven't played since January but the announcement trailer has definitely made me anxious to get back in there. Very tempting.

And yeah, Worgren Rogue was the first thing that popped into my mind too. :p

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Flying mounts can fly everywhere? My druid will love that. :D

10. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I think I can sum up my reaction to the expansion announcement in one word: 'Meh.' Nothing really appeals to me in any way. Revamped Azeroth? Gimme a break.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Icecrown but if the Coliseum hard modes aren't worth it I'm just quitting as soon as possible. It's just that Ulduar is still so much fun with my guild, and now that we're so close to killing Algalon25 I don't wanna let them down and give up now.

Icecrown better blow Ulduar out of the water.

11. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Southshore taken by the Horde... so all my defending was for nothing? :(

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Thanks for the advice. I'm on an extremely low pop. server, so I think that might be a problem because Blizzard never pays attention to us. My other server which is huge doesn't have a problem.

In other news, the expansion looks great. Not a huge fan of the goblin race, but whatevs, I'm sure others will like it. Hesitant about their class changes, esp. for hunters. I think destroying Azeroth was a fantastic idea. The original game needed a bit of change.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Goblin racials are OP IMO.

Has anyone seen the list on the official forums from a Horde player about choices for Warchief, over the rumoured Garrosh Hellscream (aka the man saved from death by Varianage)?

"I don't want that warmongering dumbass Garrosh Hellscream to be my Warchief. Rumor is, he's replacing Thrall. Well, I went a head and made a short list of better potential Warchiefs than Garrosh. I would rather have any of the following be my faction leader instead of him:

1. Vol'jin
    2. Cairne
    3. Saurfang
    4. Sylvanis
    5. Hogger
    6. Lor'themar Theron
    7. Gorge the Corpsegrinder
    8. Jeremiah Payson
    9. Thathung
    10. Saurfang The Younger's bloated corpse
    11. Duchess Mynx
    12. Mickey Levine
    13. Megzeg Nukklebust
    14. Gharbad the Weak
    15. Mankirk
    16. Mankirk's wife
    17. Gurky
    18. Lurky
    19. Murky
    20. Basic campfire
    21. That unclickable goblin girl who petal-powers the Northrend zeps.
    22. Gamon
    23. Ganoosh
    24. Ukor
    25. Salandria
    26. Lou the Cabin Boy
    27. The Leaper
    28. Noggle Ficklespragg
    29. Egbert
    30. Bloated monsterbelly
    31. Ug'thor Bloodfrenzy
    32. High-Oracle Soo-say
    33. Crewman Shubbscoop
    34. Clarice Foster
    35. Lost Barrens Kodo
    36. Kekek
    37. A Death Knight ghoul named Bonegobbler
    38. Westfall Chicken
    39. Shambles
    40. Princess
    41. Half a stack of peacebloom
    42. The log-in dragon
    43. Sarkoth
    44. A Steamy Romance Novel: Forbidden Love
    45. Tiny Snowman
    46. Farmer's Broom
    47. Erlan Drudgemoor
    48. Chocolate Celebration Cake
    49. High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque, King of Gnomes
    50. Sickly Gazelle "

I am so behind Warchief Mankrik's Wife!

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/b/ba/Beaten_Corpse.jpg]

EDITS: Moddamn markups

ES

14. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm actually looking forward to rolling a goblin. FINALLY the Horde have a race that can match the GNOME For annoying in PVP.

My buddy and i are considering rolling our 80 Rogues (mine undead, his orc) to Goblins.

It's been a long time comin'.

In other news: I'm currently putting alot of playtime in on my now level 38 Troll Mage. Talk about a fun class to BG with! I know healers can help alot in a furball, but i don't think i've EVER felt like as much of a tide changer as i do with this guy in Arathi Basin. I run into the middle of a firefight, i frost nova, blink out and then blizzard the hell out of everyone.

Instant game changer.

15. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Goblin and Worgen racials are OP at the moment, Blizz has stated they are bringing the other racials up to be in line with them.

I'm pretty psyched about Cataclysm but then I play a shaman. The whole fire and elemental thing is kinda what I like best :D

16. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey--I haven't played since Vanilla, but Cataclysm looks interesting. If I came back and picked up Cataclysm, would I have to pick the other expansions up as well?

17. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Yep. In order to get to lvl 85 you would have to buy BC/WotLK and Cataclysm all in order to play. I'm sure when it comes out, they'll start selling a battle chest or some sort with everything in it for people who don't have an account at all.

18. Kalphite

Kalphite Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2009
    Speaking of Cataclysm - I haven't seen anything about how the new races will start out. Will they be like Death Knights, where you can start out at a high level? Or will they be like Dranaei/Blood Elves where you start from scratch?...

I'd like to re-roll with a Worgen, but I don't want that much grinding just to catch up =/

19. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Well I dont know much about the world of WoW since my highest character is lvl 27, but seeing as how Death Knights are a class (and supposedly a 'Hero' class at that) and Worgen/Goblin are both races, I doubt they'll let you start them at a higher level. Unless of course, you make a Worgen/Goblin DK :p

20. Kalphite

Sep 4, 2009
    Right - Blizzard actually got a lot of critical reviews/complaints in having new races start from level 1 in the BC Expansion. Which is why, imo, they gave the option to let players start out at a high level with a 'hero' class in WotLK. Initially, you had to have a high level player to make a DK, but after a month Blizzard changed it so anybody starting out new to the game could make a DK.

Frankly, I think they will allow new races to start out at higher levels, if for no other reason than to encourage new people to play the game - and they make more money. It's the same reason they're making easy modes for raids, 10 man versions of all raids, etc - let everybody see end game content to appeal to the masses and increase profit sharing...

21. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Ah, didnt know about people complaining about Dranei/Blood Elves starting at lvl 1, as I said, pretty new to this.

I will add though, I only have BC, but it still says I need WotLK and a lvl 55 char to make a DK, not just the expansion on its own.

22. Kalphite

Sep 4, 2009
    Hmm, well you definitely need WotLK, but I thought they changed it so anybody can make a DK - but maybe not.

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Looks like they're starting off at level 1. When it was demo'd at BlizzCon, the characters started at level 6, and that really doesn't make sense for a starting level.

24. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    They probably just demoed them at 6 because 1-5 is pretty much really really boring, kill 5 things and come back for a level up and a new skill. I dunno. It's pretty much the same until 20 or so, but that's probably just their thinking.

25. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    The question i have is: Will the changes to Azeroth be permament to ALL levels (so, like, when i start a level 1 Undead Warlock now, is it in OLD Azeroth, or Cataclysm Azeroth?), or will they only appear when you hit level 80?