main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I think the changes will have to be permanent, purely because if Catazeroth only appears for lvl 80's, you would no longer be able to interact with those lvl 1-79 because they'd be in another 'world'

So it'll have to be the same for everyone

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Well they already do that now. The Knights of the Ebon Blade place in Icecrown is filled with dangerous npc's until you do the questline to make it one of the good guys places to visit and it changes the NPC's and terrain I think so I don't think it would be any different. But I don't know why they would make it like that for the expansion.

3. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Ah, really? Well there ya go.

Remind me to stop answering questions about a game I know nothing about :p

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    The changes to the Old World will be there for everyone. They're doing a complete revamp, changing the entire experience at every level. You'll need to buy the expansion to play the highest levels and the new races, but someone buying the base game for the first time without any expansions will still see the new versions of Durotar and the Barrens and so on. When 4.0 hits, the familiar landscape will be gone. Since the underlying structure has to be completely redone to allow flying, that was inevitable. [There will be phased questlines -- they mentioned Darkshore as an example -- but it's going to be in specific areas, not a giant worldwide phase.] How much of everything else (quests, instances, factions, and so on) will go bye-bye along with the current map is still up in the air.

EDIT: Also, they'll need to have a system in place to allow cooperation among players in different phases. That remains a major annoyance in Icecrown; for those new to WoW, it could be a game-breaker.

5. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I currently have an 80 DK. I can't wait to get Cataclysm. It'll be cool to go through the changed old world as a newbie. This is about as close to a relaunch as you can get. The world will be new for everyone, which I think is a good thing.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Desloace in particular looks great to me. Plants!? In Desolace!? Maybe it won't be the most boring zone to quest in anymore.

7. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Seriously...

I absolutely hated that zone. I hated Silithis too. That constant buzzing sound drove me up the wall. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Un'Goro Crater and Feralas. They're both lush areas right now.

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Both probably clear-cut by the Horde. :(

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    And people try and say the Horde are the good guys...

10. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    From everything I've read and seen, the Alliance is getting their butts kicked by the Horde. It's probably a result of Garrosh being the new warchief while Thrall is off doing whatever.

11. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
  12. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    For the Horde!

13. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    What toons do you have? Level? Server?

14. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Patch 3.2.2 dropped today.

Full patch notes HERE.

15. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Recently got my paladin to 80, so I have 2 80 chars now.

Working on my druid.

16. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Grats on getting another toon to 80.

17. Kalphite

Kalphite Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2009
    ^^This is the what Blizzard is really banking on, they put in minimal effort/time/resources to make an expansion that newer players will enjoy that didn't raid at level 60. And really, how many people raided at 60? How many guilds had 40 people on? Plus, Blizzard is wise to assume that the diehard players that raided at 60 will keep playing...they won't like it but they will keep playing because they're diehard players :)

It just annoys me that they're bringing back clearly dead characters...Onyxia and Blackwing died amigos, I got both their heads and hung them from chains for all of Stormwind to see...frustrates me that they're just 'bringing' these characters back. And they'll probably say something like 'Ragnaros never died, before you just banished him to the elemental plane'.

At least the Naxxramas remake made sense...all undead can technically come back or get risen again...

18. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    All toons on Greymane US server (For the Horde!):

Priest Level 80 BE
    Rogue Level 74 UD
    Paladin Level 65 BE
    Death Knight Level 65 Tauren
    Mage Level 55 Troll

Been playing my mage an awful lot lately. Have been having alot of fun.

My Rogue was actually my first character (and first to 70) but i just found that levelling it is a pain in the rear-end. Fallen in love with classes that A) Wear plate and B) can AOE massive groups to death. Having to kill everything one or 2 at a time is QUITE a pain...

19. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Yeah, I don't really like the recycling either of old raid bosses. Seems kinda lazy to me. AOE damage and plate wearers are definitely nice skills to have on your toon. Right now I have a 55 hunter along with my 80 DK. I really enjoy the hunter and I really want to try out the new hunter changes when Cata goes live.

20. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    ::bump::

So how is everyone's Hallow's End coming along? :)

I've been busy but have done a couple of runs on the Headless Horseman and am pretty happy. Have gotten the Ring of Ghoulish Glee plus the Magic Broom, still hoping that The Horseman's Reins might eventually drop.

Had a bit of a bad night last night though. I didn't realise it but for once I decided to pick up the Horseman quest from Brill (instead of just getting the daily inside the instance), not realising it's actually a separate quest from the daily - the PUG I joined up with took one look at their quest logs and assumed since I didn't have the daily like everyone else I was just freeloading off them and kicked me. :oops: Fortunately I got another group going with a fellow guildie and was able to explain to them what was going on (they thought it was great that someone still hadn't done the quest chain so I got to do it then the normal daily right afterward, giving them all an extra run :))

21. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

A friend and I are horseman farming. Nine characters between us, and since we did it before daily quests reset in the first one hour window of the holiday, we should have 16x9 summons.

22. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I haven't been playing at all. Been taking a break from gaming.

23. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I got my mount today. That makes two HHM mounts so far, one on my Paladin last year and one on my Death Knight this year.

24. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Grats on the new mount!

25. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Grats to those who got the mount! My druid got the broomstick before I got tired of farming the place on my three toons. A couple of bad pugs made me decide it wasn't worth it, especially since my shaman is getting her Rusted Proto Drake soon :D