main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I wish I could ride my AQ red bug mount around.

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I think that there's a pretty good chance my guild is about to die.

I've been with the guild for four years, that it's a pretty sad time for me at the moment. Even the release of Dragon Age can't help perk me up. Not even donating $5.00 to the Make a Wish foundation via the Pandaran Monk pet has perked me up. Not even cutting myself, not even bathing with toasters, not even slathering myself with steak sauce and jumping into a tiger pit has cheered me up.

I'm in pretty bad shape at the moment. What with the cuts, electrocution, and tiger mauling and all, but even worse about the guild. :(

3. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    it doesn't help that ps3 has no gaems

4. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I can only imagine what that feels like. I just recently left my guild that I've been with for over a year and that was hard enough to do. It wasn't because of any drama or issues. I was just ready to do something different for a while.

We're here for you Raven.

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    That really sucks Raven :( It's easy to underestimate how much guilds mean to folks. ICC is just around the corner, you don't think that'll help?

6. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, losing a guild always stinks. I went thru 3 guild breakdowns, and finally had enough of the drama for awhile.

I'm just concentrating on leveling all my alts up to 80. My priest is in a guild that does SOME raiding, and i keep getting asked to go, but my heart just isn't in it. I think i'm trying to protect myself from having my heart wrenched out again :p

Got my Rogue to 80, got my paladin into the starting stages of Northrend, and am almost there with my mage, too.

On the bright side i gotta say i LOVE this "Pilgrim's Bounty" event. Talk about an easy and cheap way to power-level your cooking on all toons!

7. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Yep, I thought I read where you could basically level cooking all the way up on just 5 gold.

8. Scummy

Scummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yeah. I lost a guild I raided with from ZG to Naxx when BC came out. And I know Raven has covered a lot more content than that with his guild.

Scummy

9. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I recently left my guild in LOTRO after being with those guys for a year. It was time to move on but it was a tough decision to make.

Right now I'm enjoying my 7 free days of game time in WoW. One of the anniversary celebration things they're doing.

10. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/15660/world-of-warcraft-achievements-conquered/

Lacking in life? I say truely excellent. :D

11. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002

Haha, anymore proof required that Droods are OP'ed? :p

Just kidding. That is pretty incredible.

12. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I thought I had a lot of free time.

13. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

So, the new instances are fun. If only I could actually win the darned trinket when it dropped.

14. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Well, I'm planning on coming back to warcrack after a 4 month hiatus... I was doing so well too, 4 months clean... *sniff*

People from work have been pressuring me into playing with them so I'll probably be transferring to another server with my characters. Fun fun. I stopped after beating Ulduar, right before the crusader content came out. So i have a lot of catching up to do.

15. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Probably not as much as you think. Get in ToC a bit (you can even pug it, it makes me a bit sad how easily pugs clear that place), farm the new five mans and you'll be ready to go.

I hate Marwyn with a firey passion. Bugger won't drop the Snowflake trinket for my druid. Her trinkets are bad enough I need the darn thing even after the nerf [face_frustrated] It's been the orca polearm 5 times and the leather chest twice so far.

My shaman joined the random daily as a healer yesterday and wound up with a druid tank that had 58k hp. I went elemental and we cleaned out two dungeons in less than half an hour [face_laugh]

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I went to reactivate my account today, which I cancelled back in April. Apparently my account got hacked since then because they say I've been banned since September. Grr...very annoying.:mad: Luckily, the folks at Blizzard are being very helpful.

17. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Just a quick headsup.

Anyone think about swimming the entire southern part of the Eastern Kingdom, don't bother. It's 3 or 4 wasted hours.

18. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Having recently left LotRO and started playing WoW, I'm seriously having to resist letting it become an addiction like LotRO had been. I have too much to do. :p

19. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    "We're putting the band back together..."

So the guild i was a primary healer in through Naxx and Ulduar content is trying to reform. Got a message they want my priest. Problem is i haven't touched him in months and months. He's still geared in T8 ;p

I've been gearing up my rogue (whose gear score is probably equivalent, with his combination of T9 and heroic gear), and have really fallen in love with my mage (whose on the verge of level 77).

What to do, what to do... :p

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I had a buddy who experimented with swimming from Wetlands to Westfall to avoid the Night Elf run to Ironforge back before Stormwind Harbor was put in. He did it with a lvl 1 druid and I asked him how it went and his exact words were "never again". [face_laugh]

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Yep, one lap per shoreline is enough. ;)

But I'm still considering the other shorelines. [face_clown]

22. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    So, anyone downed Arthas yet? I'm finally getting into the 25 man raids on ICC, only done it twice though, half the guild officers don't know me because they're new pieces of poop so they don't know how awesome I am when I raid, so they don't like this 'new' guy coming to the raids with only a 4800 GS... I'm improving that, though. Slowly. It helps when stuff drops in raids that I can actually use, which apparently never happens. Oh well.

23. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    My 10 man group hasn't even downed Sindargosa yet cause for the first two weeks the DPS wanted to zerg her down in phase three :oops: We've only just recently started using actual tactics :rolleyes: I wish we got more than one night per week but everyone has different schedules.

The 25 man group is still working on Blood Queen. Hopefully she'll go down this week and we'll rescue Dreamwalker too.

24. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Looks like they're adding a new raid under Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.

25. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    We're working on Arthas, in 10 and 25 man. No kill yet. :(