main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    So last night I got like 3 or 4 things of good loot for my main, and as payment to the gods of *******dness, some chinese/korean gold farmer **** hacked my account, xfered 2 characters to different servers and sold all their gear, and xfered my 2 main main's to another ACCOUNT. Hooray!

Ticket open, gm says I'll have everything back in a day or two. I hate chinese people.

2. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Our resident boomkin got hacked a couple of weeks ago. All four of his 80s were in ICC gear and all of them were stripped and sent to different realms (the NE druid got renamed Jack of all things). Good news is he got pretty much everything back.

Is it bad I'm excited about the idea of reclaiming Gnomer?

3. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Only if you punt gnomes in the process.

4. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Have to say this is the furthest into endgame content that i've ever made it. The very fact that I've set foot in ICC is a huge boon. (I started playing the game just before TBC dropped, and got my rogue as far as SSC.)

Haven't had any actual kills, but it is cool walking in there and making attempts on Lord Marrowgar.

A bit more focus and i think we will be on our way.

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Well, 10-man Lich King down.

25-man is significantly harder.

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    www.worldofwarcraftindex.com

Anyone know if that's a real site by blizzard? I got a mail in the game saying go to it due to an achievement I unlocked. Don't know which one.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    No it's not. Most likely a keylogger.

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Thanks for that. :)

I actually entered my email and password before I got suss. Already changed the password since your answer. :)

9. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah our guild downed 10m lich last week, prolly will again this week, we've got 3 days' attempts on 25 man, hopefully we'll get it down sunday or monday, when we next raid. Can't wait for that kingslayer title!

10. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

25-man Lich King down. Yay.

Now the real fun begins...

11. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Grats! Hopefully we'll get him down this sunday or monday, this is our second week on him...

12. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    If you can make it through phase 2, you win.

13. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah, we've gotten to phase three once, and no one was ready for it, no one called out "phase 3 inc" so when the endless winter got casted again, everyone was caught surprised and hello, wipe!

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/culturelab/2010/03/william-sims-bainbridge-seeing-the-future-in-games.php?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

In his new book The Warcraft Civilization, sociologist William Sims Bainbridge argues that the online game World of Warcraft portends the future of the real world.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I saw you trollin' the Sindragosa removed in 3.3.4 thread, lulz.

We killed HM Festergut last week with a SP dispersioned at the Berzerk. Good times, good times...

16. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Nice!

We're 7/12 right now (Marrowgar, Lootship Battle, Deathbringer Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut, Blood Prince Council, Dreamwalker). Blood Queen Lana'thel is the current target; our second pull had her at 16.5%; our third pull was 3%. I'm running back now, hopefully for the last time this week.

EDIT: Gosh darn peoples kept screwing up bites, DCing, we got huge lag spikes, etc. Got her, eventually. 8/12 hard modes now. Now, to try to focus on Sindragosa next week (we have two raid days left, 27 attempts left this week on her) or to focus on Lady Deathwhisper... hard choice.

17. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

What does it say that I'm at 49/50 Shadowfrost Shards, raid leader for a 10/12 hard mode ICC guild, and I've never been more tempted to leave the guild I've been in for four and half years? From a neutral perspective, to leave as I finish Shadowmourne seems like a really, really nasty thing to do. On the other hand, I'm getting close to going off on vent against one or two of the other officers two or three times a night. It's been pretty rare that I've been this unhappy in guild. QQ, etc.

18. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    Still no release date for Cataclysm?

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    They started the "friends and family" beta. But no release date has been announced. Blizzcon is coming in June so they will probably announce it then.

EDIT: My bad, June is just when tickets for BlizzCon go on sale. I'm not sure of the actual dates.

20. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    I've heard they are aiming for 2010 but if there are enough delays Cata might not hit until 2011. This is via the "guildy who has a friend who knows somebody" route so I have no idea how accurate it is.

Another guildy claims it will hit six months from the start of Beta. Yet another says that Blizz is trying to move things along faster these days (witness how often patches come out now) and it will hit in September. Theories are fun :p

Anzu dropped today for my druid after 29 days of farming. I find that amusing because I also hit exalted with the Timbermaw today. I seem to hit things in twos on my druid, got her Titanium Seal of Dal the day she got her Guardian of Cenarius title, got her fishing hat the same day I bought her first bit of t10, ect.

21. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My guild's just made the Lich King in 10 man, and we're slowly working on it - although I've just lost my spot due to an argument with our guild leader. I like this guild, so I'm not planning on leaving yet, but I'll be mighty annoyed if I miss out on the end game after helping this group progress from dealing with blood beasts on Saurfang to the massive mess that was Sindragosa.

22. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    My guild is having huge attendance problems o_O After my 10 man group got down LK two of the DPS quit (one quit the game entirely until Cata, one just quit doing 10 man). The 25 man group has been stuck on LK for two months now because we're lucky to get the raid off the ground one day a week: Tuesday. The raid leaders aren't extending the raid lockout because we don't want to miss the opportunity to get shards so folks are only turning up on the farm day for free badges/gear.

It doesn't help our GM got hacked last week. We had 400+ members and the guild was only partially restored so it's been rough getting everyone back. We've got less than 150 toons in it now.

I think a lot of folks are looking ahead to Cata and realizing we're going to have a big problem when 25 mans and 10 mans share the same lockout. There's a great deal of A team and B team syndrome already and Cata is going to make it impossible to continue with the way things are currently being handled. Changes are on the way and they are going to be painful ones.

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Prot pally looking for guild. I also have a crappy ret off spec set....

After taking a couple months off of the game I am looking to get back into it so I can find a good guild for Cata. I have been playing with the same group of people for the last three years but I'm looking for a change of scenery. I took a break after my guild downed Professor on 25 man and we were 11/12 on 10 man. I was raid leader and main tank for the guild before I decided to hang it up.

24. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    Looks like late 2010 for Cataclysm. Cool!

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000