main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT. OR ARE YOU TRYING TO BE COOL AND TALKING IN ALL CAPS.

dkt

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I AM COOL ENOUGH TO TALK IN AND OUT OF CAPS AND REMAIN MY COOLINOSITY. THOUGH I PREFER WRITING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT IS A VERY 1337 THING TO DO.

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I CANNOT CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE.

I've been playing three characters on and off so I don't get too tired of the same settings and characters. So really, I have a troll shaman (12), dwarf paladin (15) and an undead mage (9). I've also a human paladin (1) in the wings, and when all else fails, a tauren druid (5) on an eastern RP server. Other than that, I'm in the Central Realm, baby: Garanos, Whisperwind, Hellscream and Blackhand. Why so many characters on all different realms? Blame the first two days' server nonsense.

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I am on the Illidan server, it has calmed down lately so theres no wait to get on, which is very nice. I have a level 10 night elf rogue and am in clan Creation (gay name i think, but my friends are in it so i joined) Just started last night and am hoping to get to level 13 today. Theres two guys at level 60 so far. Thats crazy. www.maxmeout.com

5. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    My girlfriend keeps trying to talk to me when I'm playing... why isn't the answer to this problem in the FAQ?

:p

6. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Hmmm...tis a quandry you have there, farraday. Does she happen to come with a "mute" button? Maybe even a "pause" button or off switch, if you are very lucky.

7. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I keep pressing '8' but my war stomp doesn't seem to stun her!

Damn you Blizzard!

8. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Hehe...sounds like you need a Crusader Strike. Since when has pounding your feet on the ground ever stopped a girlfriend?

Anyway, I like having people to talk to when I play. The game itself doesn't require such a great deal of concentration (mostly) and it helps to relieve the long minutes of boredom, waiting, and running if you have someone to talk with.

I just noticed that if I close my left eye, then everything that is white takes on a reddish tinge, but if I close my right eye, then all whites take on a blueish/green tinge.

9. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    It works for low level mobs.

Then again shes a ?? lvl Girlfriend, she'll run halfway across a continent just to aggro me.

Uh oh booty shake... I'm befuddled for ten seconds... dooooooooooom.

10. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Sounds like you need a raid group to help you in your "Mute the Girlfriend" quest. I'm a pally, and if I'm not mistaken, then you are horde, so I'd be more likely to join up with her against you. I've always wanted a lvl ?? on my side.

11. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    tomorow i was planning on buying WoW but just now my frind sayed u have to pay somwere in the area of 12$ a month for online play, is this true, if so looks like its halflife2 for me

12. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    There is a monthly fee, this is an MMO afterall.

13. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    so..when's it coming to the rest of the world....its next goin to europe in febuary...and i live in the middle east...

14. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Who here is actually playing, and on what server? If you wanna hook up with a newbie, let me know:)

15. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I'm mostly on Durotan server(east coast normal)

I have a few characters that I'm playing, ranging from Level 7 to Level 18.

Let me know who and what you are, and I'll look you up.Or just give you my character info.

16. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    So how's everyone liking the game? I'm having a blast, but the server issues of late have been frustrating.

17. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I'm playing the Final European Beta right now, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

One thing that really annoys me though, is when I have to retreive certain parts of animals. For example, I just had to do a quest where I had to get beaks from Plainstriders. But only about 1/3 of the animals actually drops them... Why? They're f'ing birds, they all have beaks! So I have to run around mindlessly killing these things, with minimal XP gain, just to find a bird that drops a beak. Stupid, and annoying.

18. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    That's just a gaming convention I believe to make the quests harder.

Heh my favorite though is when you're collecting legs. Each beast may have four of them but you'll get one only if you're lucky.

19. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Hehe. They could have gone for something a little more original though...

20. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    That was the most infuriating aspect of playing the game for me. If you kill an animal, then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to loot it for all its worth. I see the beak on the corpse...why can't I just take that?

Anyway, I changed to a horde character, and I never had that problem again. Every drop produced the desired object (or at least they did about 90% of the time)

One thing that I absolutely hate with a passion: Instance Dungeons. If there was one part of the game that makes me want to leave and never come back, its the instances. I abandoned a lvl 23 pally character because of the effn instance dungeon that I could never get to work properly, and I almost abandoned a lvl 23 shaman for the same reason. One other gripe: There are so few quests for the level 20-25 group, and those that exist are either mislabeled and should be a higher or lower level, or give so little experience that they aren't even worth attempting. Today, I finally left this dead period in the game, and the fun and levelling has resumed. I also ganked my first person today...it was exhilarating.

I've also come to a conclusion: Only people of a certain personality play as night elves for any period of time, and those people are spoiled, bitter, greedy, jealous, rotten players who take pleasure in ruining other people's experieces and harrassing others. I highly suspected this when I was on the alliance side and was working with them, but my hypotheses were confirmed when I went horde and saw what it was like on the other side of the railroad tracks.

21. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I've never had problems with instances so I'm wondering exaclt how they've caused you such pain.

22. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I've found instances to be fun. The only problem I had was when doing the Scarlet Monastery Cathedral and the boss we needed for a quest wouldn't die (somehow his CORPSE had 1% health). The most frustrating times I've had doing instances are with pickup groups.

As far as levelling 20-25 on the Horde side: Stonetalon (west of Barrens) and Tarren Mill (south of Undercity) both have some good quests for around those levels.

23. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Stonetalon wasn't as numerous, and I'd rather grind than go anywhere near the Undead areas. I've been there, but I hate it.

As for the instances, well, I've had bad groups, groups that disbanded before finishing, whiney groupmembers...my computer has shut down before reaching the end, my computer crashed as I was in the process of bending down to reach for the quest item from one of the instance bosses...it's aweful. The only instance that I would consider going into anymore is Scarlet Monastary, and only then to farm.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Does anyone know if Blizzard released an MP3 of the music for the 2004 WoW Cinematic Trailer like thy did for WC3? I've checked their site and haven't come across it.

25. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Nothing wrong with instances with a good group, you gotta be in a guild!