main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    ...no

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Question: Can I switch servers or the type of server (PvP, RP, Normal), or would I be stuck on the server and type of server I initially choose?

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    You can switch server as much as you want. You can't take your characters with you :)

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Oh. Thanks, dude.

So, what race/class do you guys recommend?

5. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    You can have up to 50 total characters, max of 10 per server. You can mix Alliance and Horde characters on PvE servers, but not on PvP (one faction only).

And make a Paladin. That'll make you want to go Horde the fastest.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    what do you mean by that?

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Okay, I'm really pissed off.

I just got the game yesterday and I had to spend 3 hours downloading patches before I had to head to bed.

I thought that today I'd finally get to play--but NO! Now it wants to download MORE PATCHES!

WTH?!?!!

This game is pissing me off--and I haven't even gotten the chance to frickin' PLAY IT!

And sometimes the frickin' patches don't start to download--so I have to try all over again!

I HATE THIS

EDIT:

Now it's saying that it can't connect to the tracker!!!!

WTH?!?!?!

What a frickin' waste of money

8. dracuslos

dracuslos Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    This is just my opinion:

Pallys were overpowered before that one patch...what?...three patches ago? So they're pretty much okay now. But I had a 19 pally before the patch and I didn't think pallys were all that great.

I think priests are okay, but that's just because I don't have a high-lvl priest. But again...that's just my opinion. I play a hunter, so I guess I'm kinda a mixture between melee and ranged...but mostly ranged. :p

EDIT: That might be your Internet connection. I tried to play WoW on a dial-up and it sucked. The patch took over a day to download. It could also be a firewall that you have activated on your computer.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I have all firewalls down and am using a DSL connection

10. lomion

lomion Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2004
    On days a new patch is released it is always that way intially. The patch was rolled out today. imagine a couple of hundred thousand people trying to get the patch on the same day...

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I usually find an alternate download for the patch. The Blizzard Downloader both sucks and blows.

And Tuesdays are the worst day of the week to play.

12. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Now it's saying that it can't connect to the tracker!!!!

Don't worry about that. I kept on getting that message yesterday, but it still kept on downloading.

13. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Blizzard Patch downloader = pwns

I downloaded the 60mb patch is less then 5 minutes :)

Of course I know how to handle BitTorrent, I have 1.5 years experience with it. I use it everyday so... :p

Oh well the patch will be applied to the European servers today, can't wait myself :)

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've got another problem, guys.

I'm playing a mage...but for whatever reason, he no longer uses his staff to attack.

I will click on a target, click on the staff icon, and my mage will just stand there --sometimes even as the target is beating the crap out of me. So the only way I can do combat now is through spells, which costs mana.

Help!

What can I do to use my staff again?

15. dracuslos

Sep 2, 2004
    It seems to me that you are using both the Staff Attack Icon and Right-Clicking the target to actually attack. Select the target, and either click the attack button (default hotkey 1) or right click the target. Either one will work, but when you push the attack button when you are currently attacking, it causes your character to stop attacking. It's essentially an Auto-Attack Toggle. Try it. If it doesn't help, reset your interface controls and try again.

Or you could also just be too far away from the target...other than that...I have no idea...let me know how it turns out.

16. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    I'm in the Silver Hand Server under the Human Rogue Callistay.

I've created an undead mage, dwarf paladin, elf priestess that I also enjoy, but I mostly play with the Rogue.

I've loved every character i've created, I'm having a blast with this game.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is anyone on Kargath?

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So, the game's been working fine for me for the past couple weeks.

But tonight, i tried to exit and everything just froze. My PC wouldn't even go back to Windows...And my PC restart button wasn't working.

So I eventually opted to just pull the plug...

Now WoW won't let me in. It halts at the "Authenticating" stage and then tells me that it can't log me in at this time or "Unable to Connect."

WTH?

19. dracuslos

Sep 2, 2004
    Yeah I was having trouble logging on last night too. I believe the Login Server was down at the time. But I eventually got in around 9:00 or so...

20. dracuslos

Sep 2, 2004
    So has this become the WoW Technical Support Thread or something? Or has it just died?

21. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Dead thread...

Battlegrounds are out!

22. Aragorn328

Aragorn328 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2002
    My version of Cosmos doesn't like the new patch. I need to fix something so I can play again.

23. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I finally figured out how to climb mountains and walk across sheer cliff faces. I've managed to get to IF airport and climb all the way to the top of IF mountain (the highest peak in the game) If only I had more time, then I'd go to Ahn'Qiraj and I'll have visited every corner of the world that I've wanted to see (exept Statholme, but going there alone is impossible for lvl 40's)

24. SheLeftMeForAWookiee

SheLeftMeForAWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm seriously considering getting this game. (Mistakenly chose SWG over WoW and regretted it)

Any suggestions for starting out?

25. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Battlegrounds went live yesterday in Europe and I have to say:
    its absolutely fantastic! So much fun! I was getting bored with the game especially with Hillsbrad and now there's Battlegrounds, so much fun. I've only tried CTF (capture the flag) Warsong Gulch basicly its 10 vs 10 with the basic CTF rules where you have to capture the enemy flag 3 times and you win or vice versa. Its quite fun and exciting :). CTF in a MMORPG who would have thought about it :p
    The other one is Alterac valley I haven't tried it yet planning to do it today. From what I can tell its basicly Battlefield with building and questing and battles can last for days until a winner is decided.

Make sure you play with some friends though for extra fun factor.