main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

World population

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SuperWatto, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 137

137 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2009
    HAHAHAHAHA

Foolish Jedi...

with all this petty bickering

don't you see it's too little too late...

I the Almighty Emporer have already siezed power...!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good Luck trying to form an alliance against me with your projectile weapons and your wheeled gasoline vehicles...!

HAHAHAHAHA

My Servants have succeded beyond excpectations at keeping you ignorant about the true nature of the Force and how to wield it...

my clone army already walk among you, ready to execute order 666 when ever i tell them to

hahaha hohohoho hehehe

don't bother looking into HHO or GEET or FREE-ENERGY
    the FORCE will not help you now!!!

don't bother watching video's on youtube like
    "who killed the water car"
    because you already know who it was... it was me!!!!

HAHAHAHA HOHOHHOHO

don't listen to conspiracy theorists they're maniacs who think they can defeat me!

hahahahahahaha

stay calm and do not resist, stay peaceful becuase everything is ok,
    keep watching tv, it'll all be over soon...

Don't worry about overpopulation, i already have a plan for that,

put your minds to good use, worry about swine flu
    now that's a real issue,

go and get your swing flu shot asap, there's no time to wait, give it to your elderly parents and relatives, anyone who's sick and needs to be cleaned from the gene pool, give it to pregnant mothers and babies too, they'll all love the quick-fire service at my privately controlled 'jab-ya and cut' swine flu tents

if that doesn't kill them fast enough, or if they refuse to take it, report them to your friendly neighbourhood storm trooper who'll gladly put them on a train to one of many fema death camps... i mean luxurious health and wellness centers...

keep using gasline as inefficiently as you can so lots of poisonous gases will be released into your lungs and kill you all

there's no hope, give up, continue shopping, you've already lost, accept defeat...

love live the dark side !!!!

whahahahahaha

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    o_O

In order to make everyone equal, even more resources would be neccessary then we already use to sustain the first world nations (and seems to be most of the resources). This isn't viable in some areas partly due to cost and also land space.

To feed people with livestock takes a huge amount of land, the more people you feed the more land for cattle is required.
    How much deforestation is needed in order to acquire this land?
    How much is needed to provide sufficient housing for the ever-increasing numbers of people?

Less trees means less CO2 is absorbed, which means climate change will be greater still, affecting us more.
    Not to mention the species that are erradicated to clear space for humans to live.

Population needs to go down, not level out.

3. 137

137 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2009
    CO2 based Global Warming is a farce...

proof:

4. Darth_Yuthura

Darth_Yuthura Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2007
    Your link doesn't show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429xoDtqS-A

I'm sorry, but I've encountered more credible sources which indicate the earth has had ice ages where the entire planet had been frozen over. Once everything became dormant, it might have spelled the end of all life. Because ice has a high albedo, there are really few explanations outside of volcanic activity (emitting CO2 into the atmosphere) that the Cryogenian period ended almost 200 million years ago.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Exactly
    There is none

6. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    I love this thread so far. :p

7. 137

137 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2009
    whoops :oops:

yes maybe || maybe not...
    who know's for sure...

that university was definitely caught cooking the books though...

and even getting people sacked from journals and others not allowed to publish etc., disgraceful behaviour which brings the whole peer-review process into doubt and disrepute ...

make's one wonder why? what could they possibly gain?

perhaps those age old vices money & power? or maybe they just wanted to be accepted and belong...

...to the new global warming religion :)

believe in it or face the new inquisition!

Msg to the resistance:

everything is ok...

copenhagen is about stopping global warming...
    don't believe anyone who tells you its about creating a world government to tax all you slaves to death
    (...or at least into a new dark age where it will be far easier for us to control you ]-} )

Al gore is being sued by 30,000 scientists because they really like him and want to him to get lots of publicity by debunking them
    ...not because he was falsifying data in the 'inconvenient truth' ... no no definitely not [face_shame_on_you]

don't believe it's not all hot air... [face_monkey]

in other news this week, Ukraine was very very naughty and didn't buy up swine flu vaccine like all the other good little countries,
    so a sith padawan was sent in to teach her a lesson,
    flying unidentified planes the crack team of sith infiltrators sprayed her capital cities with a dangerous cocktail of deadly chemicals causing more that a 1 million people to be suddenly infected with a deadly mutated strain of the h1n1 virus, causing instead death to hundreds by way of their lungs filling with blood turning them as black as charcoal and maintaining temperatures over 100F even after they died.

so be good and obey, obedience = freedom, do not resist and we won't have to kill you... [face_skull]

our chemtrail jets are standing by to respond to any rebel/terrorist threats against our plan for total domination of your puny planet

death to mankind, long live the dark side!!!! [face_devil]

mwahahahahaha

[face_pig] [face_beatup]

8. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    I freaking love this thread!

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    For those with access to the BBC, I thought you might be interested in the special episode of Horizon showing on Wednesday at 9pmGMT on BBC2. The show will be presented by Sir David Attenborough and is entitled How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth?.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The problem is not exactly world population but where it's growing.

That simply means more massive disasters, poverty, famines, warfare, etc.

11. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    At this point mitigating or avoiding a collapse is impossible. I advocate joining groups of permaculture nuts and survivalists to build sort of an underground network of people who can provide each other with survival expertise and security once the cannibal locust hordes start razing the remnants of civilization in search of those last edible calories.

12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    So sayeth Jabba from his secluded command high in the mtns. somewhere.

Oh wait, it's underground to escape the coming radiation from the nuclear meltdown. :p

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Unless we alter our genes with those of animals that can resist exposure to radiation such as Cockroaches or Camels.

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Without the =P~ though. I can deal with the hump.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's more likely to be two humps, as the Bactrian kind is the kind that is said to be radiation resistant.
    I'm not sure if the single-humped Dromedary Camels can do it, they may not have been researched yet.

16. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    To feed people with livestock takes a huge amount of land, the more people you feed the more land for cattle is required.

There is a huge food source in the ocean. There is more sea water on this Earth than land, surely we can look to the seas to find abundant food source. But people are finicky; they want to eat what they want to eat. One day they want hamburger, the next day steak, the next day pasta and cheese, Pizza.

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'd be interested to see the numbers that really back that up, since many areas are already overfished, or in danger of it.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Exactly, there has been talk of banning Cod from being sold in the UK since it is so heavily overfished that it could become extinct.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd be totally down with having a set of wings and some extra limbs myself. :p

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Having multiple brains like a cockroach would be helpful too :p

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I aint doing two humps. One I can handle. But two?

Maybe those extra brains can go in the hump?

I would like a set of eyes in the back of my head too.

22. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I must admit its a scarry thought. All we have is this planet, no one from the outside can help us. I dont think many people realise how important space missions and exploration is in our time. It will hopefully give us the knowledge, and technology we need for our survival in a distant future. Mars is our first and most natural choice. It will also probably be habitable in the future.

Look at this picture using the link below.

http://ropata.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/pale_blue_dot2.jpg

The pail blue dot is our planet, thats all we have. Feels kind of lonely.

23. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Exactly right. There was a campy sci fi novel I read once "Lifeboat Earth." It's a great metaphor. Spreading our genes around the galaxy is an option that awaits magical technology and energy sources that may never be invented.

If the earth had a permanent population of 1 billion or less we could power a high tech civilization for thousands and thousands of years with the resources we have available. We could devote resources to figuring out the problems of interstellar travel, if those problems in fact can be solved at all.

But at a population of 7 billion we're already deep into overshoot. At 9 or 10 billion we guarantee a global ecosystem collapse and destroy the underlying environmental foundation that supports human life. Even if humans don't go extinct in the collapse, we guarantee a permanent future of stone age culture - the resources to relaunch an advanced civilization from scratch will have been utterly exhausted. Forget metallurgy. Forget advanced chemistry. We'll be primitive woodland creatures without any need for higher order cognition. We might want to evolve to get rid of our complex language and tool use to ensure our long term genetic survival. Intelligence might well prove to be a failed evolutionary experiment, a catastrophically diseased branch on the tree of life.

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Iiiiits the season to be jolly.

25. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Happy holidays to you too, SW! Once you've thought it through, you'll understand that advocating some form of systematic metagenocide is probably the only way to promote the longer term survival of the species. Quixotic diversions like climate change treaties are mere sedatives to ease our passing. But maybe survival of the human race isn't that big a deal either. Perhaps we should just eat drink and be merry, at least those of us who can still make a viable grab for food and drink. That's why stances like global warming denial are such a rational response to the crisis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.