main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion World Premier - Afterwards, Will You Hibernate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Gus X, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    We all know that there will be no press only screenings which normally impose some sort of embargo.

We also know that despite this, the press will be invited to the world premier on the 14th.

What we may NOT know is that with those world premier invites, embargoes cannot be put in place due to the fact that in each ticket to the world premier, whether to a member of the press or not allows for them to bring a plus one to the showing.

This means that members of the public will be in attendance to the world premier on which restricts Disney’s ability to put a review embargo in place following the premier.

This being said, tweets, instagrams, facebook, youtube, or basically the entire internet will be spreading spoils out the wazoo. Full reviews will also be out (but we already have a thread on that).

My question is this. Other than coming on this forum, what are your plans as far as living life for the remaining 3 days?

• Take off work until Thursday?
    • Never leave the house?
    • Order in food?
    • Refuse to accept phone calls?
    • Stay off all social media?
    • All of the above?

For me, my plans are to only take calls from my wife who is 9 months pregnant. Go to work with my office door closed. Do my job. Go home and only watch DVDs and catch up Netflix shows, Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Flash, and Rebels.

What say you all?

2. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Yeah, the world premiere is where I'll shutdown my internet.

Darth Kermit and Gus X like this.
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'll check out Rotten Tomatoes to see if the reviews are positive or not, just look at the score but not the reviews themselves, otherwise I will be staying away from anything that could possibly spoil the movie for me.

Justrec and Gus X like this.
  4. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I would definitely stay away from IMDB, Reddit, and YouTube. I remember before ROTS (and probably the other prequels) that it was relatively safe to read reviews from mainstream sources. In this case though, I may not even ready those, but I am curious to see if it is generally well-received or not.

Raz Zaphon likes this.
  5. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I kinda have a couple of those built into my daily life. We started a farm right after we moved here, so I haven't had any time or energy to meet people around here. I graduated college, and I've been working in the family business with my dad. We're the only 2 people there now, and he's more rabidly spoiler free than I am. I haven't been able to drive for a while, because of a wrist injury...so I'm stuck at home unless I can get a ride anywhere. I do have a doctor appointment on the 14th...but I think I can safely navigate that.

When I go online, its mainly to come here, check the weather or go to a couple horse forums to read/ask questions. And I have had a couple really busy days where I'm not really online at all (just a couple email checks). Aside from a thread about TFA in the off topic area of those forums, they seem relatively safe. I probably won't come here at all until after I see TFA on the 21st.

As far as entertainment goes, there's Netflix, DVDs and video games. I can also go outside to work the horses. Continue work on cleaning the house (about 1/2 done). Work on a weaving project. I want to say I'm going to keep off the Internet completely after the world premier until I see TFA, but I'm not sure that's realistic. Checking email on my iPad seems fairly safe (aside from Disney Infinity emails). And listening to ForceCast and Rebel Force Radio podcasts from 2012/2013. Once I get to the ones where the cast is announced, I'll stop listening to those. I'm also about halfway through "Kenobi", so I have that to read too.

Right now I'm debating over pre-ordering the TFA novelization and soundtrack (since I have them for all the other movies). Do I pre-order now or wait until the TFA novelization comes out in paperback? I have the OT novelizations in paperback and the PT novelizations in hardcover.

Gus X likes this.
  6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, I think I may go on a "better safe than sorry" embargo of my own.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hm.... excellent point. I would be quite concerned about school. Given that I'm taking the 17th off to see the SW Marathon, I don't think it would be wise were I to take off any more than that.... I'll definitely be avoiding Twitter and most other social media sites. I'll still be on JCF cause I'm pretty comfortable with the enforcement of spoiler tags here. Damn, how will I get by without Youtube....

It's funny, really, the lengths we go to in order to avoid spoilers

Gus X likes this.
  8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Yeah. After some more time to think about it, I might 'hide' my computer. Put it somewhere difficult to get. But then I can't play KOTOR to distract myself from spoilers.

I've gotten tempted to fall to the dark side a couple times. But if I watch the 2nd trailer a couple times, that helps. I might open a tab to the thread in NSA with the 2nd trailer, so I don't have to venture over to DarthTube to watch it.

Gus X likes this.
  9. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    The ForceCast Podcasts from the past are a great idea.

As far as Youtube, you can so a Google search of "site:youtube.com star wars" and from there, when the search result comes back, you can to a custom date range in Google to only see videos from 2012-2013.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It would be wise to just stay away from any kind of news. Attention grabbing headlines could easily give most of the story away. Fortunately it's the Christmas season so I can just chill out at home with holiday music on and wait it out. Maybe even marathon the saga in the days before.

I'm mostly afraid of standing in line and there being some scifi/cinema know-it-all thinking he's doing everybody a favor by telling people what the movie is about, why this or that happens, etc.

11. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    That is what happened to me when I went to go see AOTC. I am going to reserved seating for the first show but even with that I plan to have my ear buds in all the way until the opening credits.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  12. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Well I have high school for 5 days. I'm not really worried until Friday. My plan is to listen to Christmas music on my phone (which I've never listened to music on I hate earbuds) on Wednesday, thurs, and Friday. Then I'll be done with school and see the film on saturday

Gus X likes this.
  13. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    I'll have a media blackout for the 14-17th.

Anyone spoils this for me and they get a lightsaber ignited down their throats!

Luckily I have no work or school to do, I'll just stay in, and binge the clone wars, and the movies, commentaries. Some don't wanna over due the amount of star wars they get so they wont be sick of it when TFA comes out, however I won't be. I'll watch it a lot, and suggest people don't check youtube or the internet or txts. Even emails could have adds on the side! Don't let some view hungry jerk ruin it for you, JJ wants this secret for a reason. A few days without internet is a small price to pay. A first world problem really, I mean maybe Netflix, but I wouldn't press the guide button on your xbox or PS4 because someone may spoil it.....I'd hate for someone to have it spoiled, and believe me people will try to spoil it.

Alien Vanguard and Gus X like this.