main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph WORLD WAR HULK (Planet Hulk Spoilers - WWH Spoilers HTR)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Tabula Rasa, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I like the Ghost Rider tie-in issues as well. I'm real curious as to what the end outcome will be and what Marvel has in store after this for a "big event".

Any thoughts as to what the Hulk does with Professor X?

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I guess I'll HTR.

I'd say he leaves X in the aftermath of his entire extended "family" being beaten to within an inch of their lives. The New X-Men, Astonishing, Adjectiveless, Uncanny, Excalibur, X-Factor, all will try and fail and Xavier will be left standing amongst the fallen and wounded mutants. I think that'll be Hulk's "mercy" he gives Charles for being honest with him and for not actually being there to make the decision.

3. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I could, but I was listing all the currently released issues so far. I'll add/edit the list with new issues as they come.

My guess: the refugees of Sakarr and Hulk will may end up living on that plot of land out in the desert that Amadeus Cho bought for Hulk's "sanctuary" (Incredible Hulk #107). In the end, I'm guessing that something very bad is about to happen to Dr. Strange and/or Iron Man.

As to what may happen next, well read New Avengers #31 to get a clue... [face_mischief]

Probably... or Hulk will take him prisoner as well and inside the stone spaceship, Xavier will help free Iron Man, Black Bolt, and Mr. Fantastic... or Xavier will reason with Hulk there at the institute or while on the ship.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I read World War Hulk #3 earlier today, and enjoyed it like the others. And the guess above is pretty accurate. I thought it was pretty cool seeing the Hulk just break Dr. Strange's Hand. However, I'm not familiar with Strange's power. What did he do? And what's the deal with The Sentry? Is he really that powerful?

Read that issue of the New Avengers. It reminds of Battlestar Galactica and the inflitration of Cylons into human society.

5. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Please put your spoilers in black, according to the HTR spoiler policy, because some people (including myself) haven't picked up that issue yet... :mad:

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm not sure what exactly caused the "Strange Smash!" moment, but it looks as if he's given into some sort of dark power that makes him more powerful. Although what the consequences of this action are remain to be seen.

The Sentry is that powerful. He's a recent character, having only been around about 5 or 6 years but he's easily the most powerful hero on Earth. He's essentially the Marvel equivalent of Superman when it comes to his powers. But he has an evil alternate personality named The Void and is in constant fear that the Void will break free. He also has a calming effect on The Hulk and has befriended him in the past.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    The preview page at the end for the next issue gives the impression that he's going to force The Illuminati to fight against each other.

Although I'm really interested in what happens with Dr. Strange with him taking in the power of Zom. For those of you who don't know it's one of Strange's big enemies

8. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I like planet hulk a lot, and i'm enjoying WWH, but it's not very realistic. Sure comics in general aren't realistic, but why the hell are the marvel characters fighting him in little dribbles? Why didn't the conventional military bombard him and his war bound right off the bat to soften them up and then send the heroes against thme?

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    The Sentry has been around since the 1960s. It's just that he made everyone forget him. [face_devil]

And yes, the Sentry is powerful on the same level as types like the Silver Surfer and other wielders of the power cosmic. Versus the Hulk, as Hulk currently is, I don't know if he could win though, not in a straight out fight. Sentry is strong, but HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm sorry I didn't hightlight my comments in black. I'm typically pretty good in doing so.

Thanks for the info on the Sentry and Zom, guys. I'm not all that familar with the characters.

Well, the Hulk announce his war was with the people that sent him into space, namely Reed Richard, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange and Iron Man. So, Iron Man held everyone back as he took responsibility for Hulk current rage. I think the Marvel characters are easier to mobilize and gather to confront the Hulk than the conventional military. Plus the conventional military has never been successful against the Hulk and sending them in first is like sending lambs to the slaughter.

11. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm officially tired of waiting for the Sentry to do something. When he does, it better be damn good. But STRANGE SMASH! was classic. I love this far more than Civil War, mainly because it doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as CW did. This isn't a "Marvel Comics Event in Five Parts," it's stuff getting ****** up. And it's all the better for it.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Sentry previously owned the heck out the Hulk in his Void form. Hulk's better than that now, but Sentry's been able to calm him before. He won't talk him down but he might push him to the edge.

It's about time we saw Strange do something badass.

13. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I know, but all he's done since #1 is sit there while people ask him to do something. Thus, I'm really hopeful that when he does something, it's friggin' sweet. :p

14. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Dr. Strange: The Oath?

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I totally forgot about that series. It was drowned in the 'Strange hanging and doing nothing' of Civil War.

16. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Thats because BKV is one of the only people who gets Strange. When I read that and compare him to "Plot Device" Strange in NA it makes me sad.

17. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Really wondering how they are going to "finish" this with only one more issue left.

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    There's two left I believe...

19. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Is there? Just saying, something needs to start happening plot wise. 20 issues of Hulk beating the crap out of people is fun for while, but eventually the story needs to go somewhere.

20. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Yeah i've been wondering that also. I'm sure it's going to set up some other event or some crap.

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    WWH #4 was pretty good

22. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I dunno. I'm kinda getting tired of having "the Illumaniti are bad, watch them do bad things!" message we see every issue, evidenced by Strange in this issue. Plus, it was really hard to tell Strange and Tony Stark apart in the gladiator scene. Overall, this is starting to fall kinda flat for me. However, #5 could redeem the series if Sentry actually does something cool.

23. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    It's pretty obvious what is going to happen next. Wonder what happens in the aftermath, does Hulk get to stay or is he leaving?

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I was wondering what the aftermath would as well a month ago, and browsed Marvel's online website and notice that Incredible Hulk #111 is classified.

EDIT: BTW, what's the statute of limitations on "spoilers?" When can you discuss the events of comic book without have to HTR?

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's something good to clarify in the spoiler policy. For now, why don't we go with HTR for a week? I'll talk with Raven :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.