main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph WORLD WAR HULK (Planet Hulk Spoilers - WWH Spoilers HTR)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Tabula Rasa, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Basically, if it's the day after a comic is released, it's not an issue. But if you don't mind using highlights, it'd also be appreciated by some. You have 24 hours to get your books, after that, it's just courtesy.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Final issue today. The main event. Hulk vs. Sentry. They've always said that The Sentry "had the power of a million exploding suns", but I never thought that it was a literal interpretation... I'm predicting major Void backlash after what the Sentry unleashed here.

As for the ending of WWH:

There's a lot to take in at the end. The Sentry shows up and destroys the spaceship that was apparently blocking Earth satellites from working. The Sentry and Hulk pound on each other and the Sentry unleashes hell in the form of a giant fiery whirlwind of death. They hit each other more in a giant KA-BOOM and when the dust settles Bruce Banner and Robert Reynolds are lying there. Bruce gets up and talks to Rick Jones. It's all over. One of the warbound, the green bug one, gets mad and stabs Rick through the chest with a spear. This brings out the Hulk again who turns on the warbound now. As Hulk kills him, the warbound says he saw enemies planting a bomb on the ship that killed Hulk's wife so it wasn't the Illuminati that killed her at all. Tony calls in a satellite laser attack which turns him back to Banner. SHIELD takes banner away to an underground lab. The End. Previews for new books include "Son of the Hulk", "The Incredible Herc", and "The IncREDible Hulk"

I've decided that World War Hulk as a whole is like a Michael Bay movie. If you can turn off you brain and enjoy the amazing action that's happening in front of you, you'll have the time of your life. But if you try to over analyze the plot or look for deeper meaning, this isn't the thing for you. All in all, I totally enjoyed the ride and I look forward to what the future holds.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Is every Marvel event going to be followed by a "Son" title now?! First "Son of M," then "Fallen Son," now "Skaar, Son of Hulk." Sheesh, might as well announce "Messiah's Son" and be done with it. :p

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I haven't had a chance to go to my local comic book shop, so I probably won't get to the final issue in Saturday, but I've been looking forward to the conclusion for awhile.

I just hated the delay factor because obviously there is the spoilers that Iron Man, Reed Richards and Dr. Strange don't die in World War Hulk as they appear in other titles.

Now, if Onslaught Reborn stays on schedule and the conclusion is released next month, I'll be happy.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, like they would kill Reed, Tony and Stephan.

6. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Pak has said that planet hulk and wwh were parts 1 and 2 of a three part hulk story. I wish marvel would give us a heads up as to which post wwh titles were important to that 3rd part. I don't care about hulk turning red or herc.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think Son of Hulk is the third part, but I'm not sure. And I agree about Herc. That just sounds like a snore fest. I may check out the IncREDible Hulk though.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was thinking that one of them might be a Skrull. I believe the secret Skrull invasion has only occurred in the Avengers.

So, after reading the final issue of the World War Hulk, I thought it was pretty cool to see The Sentry go full on Solar Explosions. Too bad it really didn't have any effect on the Hulk.

It was quite interesting to learn that Miek knew of the warp core explosion and didn't do anything about it. That's pretty sad. Nice to see the Hulk let him have it. Overall, it was entertaining, but I wasn't thrilled about the ending.

I'll definitely check out the "After-Smash" titles.

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    If you read planet hulk, you'll see Miek is a reall nut case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.