main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worlds Apart - crossover fan fic

Discussion in 'Archive: Romania' started by MaraStardreamer, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraStardreamer

MaraStardreamer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2006
    Nu stiu cat sunteti de nerabdatori sa cititi ficul, dar eu sunt nerabdatoare sa va aud parerea, fiindca nu-mi dau seama daca are rost sa-l continui sau nu.
    Asa ca aveti aici prima parte. Imi cer scuze pentru engleza de balta si stiu ca am dat complet peste cap timpurile verbelor, care au fost intotdeauna punctul meu slab in ce priveste limba engleza si nu m-am chinuit niciodata sa le pricep cu adevarat.
    Totusi, cred ca veti intelege ce-am vrut sa zic si sper sa va placa, macar un pic. :)

WORLDS APART

?This is a story about a place, a story about people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever.?

Christian just sat there, in the corner of the cheap and covered in dust hotel room, broken bottles all over the place, papers thrown and scattered carelessly on or nearby his desk. He sat hunched over the window, with a half full bottle of absinth in his hand and eyes dark, empty, looking foggily through the small and clouded window offering a perfect view of the place he now hated most. He dropped his head on his hands and tried to sober himself, without any success. His lips kept murmuring the same words, again and again: ?How wonderful life is? now you?re in the world? now you?re in... now you?re in??

Then he raised his head and, stroking his beard, he looked through the window again, unable to stop himself, to the brightly lit and colorful windmill, glowing and so inviting, and he saw that the party was still going on, and on, and on, as wild as every night. It seemed that everybody have already forgotten her. Maybe it was time for him to forget, too? He never allowed himself to do that until now, when it crossed his mind for the first time.

He collapsed on his back, simply laying there, thinking of nothing. If this was how his life is going to be until death, so be it.

?Come what may?, he thought to himself, over and over again. He swore to her that he would love her till his dying day, but he wasn?t so sure about it anymore. Only three months passed from Satine?s death, and he was beginning to doubt his eternal love for her. He couldn?t remember her face clearly, her voice, her smile, her touch (maybe the booz had something to do with that, but he wasn?t so sure about it).

And hours passed, and morning came, and lights of Moulin Rouge went down, allowing real stars to shine. Waiting for the dawn to break the stars, his tired eyes gazed at the sky. From the day she died he just sat there until morning, like every morning, knowing that one day something will happen across the stars. He softly began to hum a song to himself, as he waited for the cool comfort of sleep to wash over him in its welcoming embrace.

Aici urmeaza sa introduc un pasaj cu o masina a timpului construita de prietenii boemi ai lui Christian, care, vazandu-i disperarea provocata de moartea lui Satine, s-au gandit sa il intoarca in timp pentru a repara ce era de reparat si a-si salva iubirea. Dar cum, doh, boemii nu erau ingineri, something went wrong, si eroul nostru s-a trezit ? desigur ? in cu totul alta parte?
    Daca va plae ficul si considerati ca e bun de ceva, voi scrie pasajul, acum mi-a fost cam? lene, preferand sa trec direct la partea interesanta.
    :D

Padme's eyes fluttered open, but she didn?t move her body. She looked over her shoulder, where Anakin should have been. But his side of the bed was empty. He had already left, ages ago. Padme sighed and pushed herself off the bed, not feeling very well. She had to move on, no matter what happens next. He was gone forever and she didn?t know if that was good or bad. It was just a fact she had to accept.

Padme felt her cheeks flushed with tears. Sometimes she thought she?s forgotten how to cry, but there was always something to make her remember. She closed her eyes as she approached the window to look at the stars above her. How quickly things had begun to deteriorate, she thought. Months ago she was almost carefree, being in love and expecting her child. And suddenly, everything was changing, in

2. ATTezeu

ATTezeu Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Am citit si aseara si povestea incepe super... sa vedem continuarea.

P.S. Ar fi trebuit sa pui povestea-n concurs. Asa nu stim cine ar fi trebuit sa fie cu adevarat castigatorul.

3. Chantal

Chantal Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    E chiar foarte interesant si o idee cu adevarat faina. De abia astept sa vad continuarea.
    Intr-adevar, sunt cateva greseli de gramatica si topica, pe care le-as putea corecta cu placere, daca este cazul. Felicitari, anyway!

4. MaraStardreamer

Apr 25, 2006
    Tezeu: Categoric nu voi participa cu ficul la concurs. Il scriu doar de dragul povestii. Am mai participat eu la concursul de Valentine's organizat de mine, si nu m-am simtit tocmai in largul meu ca l-am castigat, desi m-am bucurat ca poezia mea a fost apreciata.

Chantal: Daca ai timp si dispozitie sa-mi corectezi ficul, ti-as fi recunoscatoare. Thanks!

5. MaraStardreamer

Apr 25, 2006
    It wasn?t hard at all for Christian to impersonate a Jedi knight, because all the other Jedi were dead. No one ever knew he was nothing but a fake. He even learned to fight with the light saber in a really short time. Not that he had many opponents to fight with, but the remote was good enough. In the depths of the underworld of Coruscant, where they were all hiding, he became the best Jedi alive. The only Jedi alive. The only thing he couldn?t do was feel the Force. But he didn?t consider that being an impediment, as long as he didn?t understand very clear what the Force was. He concluded it had something to do with God. What he learned was that the Jedi were peaceful beings until the time for fight was near, meditating a lot and moving things around with their minds. That seemed to Christian a very time-consuming activity, because he spent hours and hours trying to move a glass of water on the table, without any real success.

But he was Obi-Wan Kenobi now, and soon he almost forgot his real name. In fact, he couldn?t forget completely, because of a constant reminder: Padme. He never fooled her, not even for a moment, except maybe the first day, when he saved her on Mustafar. It was the only time she called him ?Obi-Wan Kenobi?, but she was barely conscious then, almost dead. When she became well again, she made him confess the truth in no time. Surprisingly, she didn?t find anything weird in his story, except the strange resemblance with the dead Jedi, Obi-Wan. For Christian, everything was nothing but a dream. For Padme, he was only a human being coming from a planet she never heard of, but was there someone who was familiar with all the planets in a galaxy so wide?

She decided it was for the best to not tell the truth about his real identity. Everybody in their little underground community was feeling more secure having a Jedi among them, and this was a good enough reason to keep the little secret between them.

Soon the two of them became inseparable, following each other day and night, planning and fighting for freedom together. And falling in love.

Padme woke up crying, her face tearful, with an angry scream on her lips. She was dreaming about her husband again, about her horror at his moment of destiny. Anakin?s face flashed before her eyes again, torturing her with his appearance before transforming itself in a strange black mask and vanishing into the cold light of the nearly morning. She sobbed, crying with rage and sorrow in the silent night.

?He is dead. He is dead now, he can?t harm me anymore?, she murmured, trying to encourage herself.

The door opened an Christian, who was sleeping in the next room, burst inside.

?Padme, are you all right? I head you cry.?

?I?m fine?, she replied. I.. just.. I was dreaming of him again.?

Christian scooped her in his arms, making her look in his eyes.

?You have to move on, Padme. I know you loved him, but he is dead now. Nothing will ever change that and you must accept it?

?No, Padme said. You don?t understand. I think I... I never loved him.?

She turned away and moved to the little balcony outside. Christian followed her, face stoned. She suddenly hugged him tightly, crying.

?I don?t know how that happened. Lately I came to a realization. I think I wasn?t good enough for him. I was never good enough for anything. I didn?t love him enough; otherwise he would have never turned??

Christian frowned, forcing her to look at him.

?No, Padme, please don?t blame yourself for this. It wasn?t your fault.?

?He gave himself to the dark side. The last time I saw him, I saw it in his eyes, that hate? he fell in love with something that he thought it was more important than I was. All I?ve done is search for a love I thought he possessed once for me. But now I think he didn?t love me either. It was never meant to be, Christian. If it was meant to be, he would still be here by my side. He, not you.?

Christian couldn?t say anything, he was just looking at her, without being able to make a single word come out of his mouth.

6. MaraStardreamer

Apr 25, 2006
    De vreme ce nu va place, eu nu voi mai continua ficul (sau chiar daca il voi continua, nu il voi posta pe forum).
    Dar vreau sa vedeti un clip pe care l-a facut Diva special pentru aceasta poveste, si care sper sa va placa, desi initial nu voiam sa vi-l arat decat dupa ce ficul ar fi fost gata.

Thanks again, Diva, you're great! =D=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFKkQsC1Ps

7. SVAndrei

SVAndrei Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 6, 2004
    Wait a minute!! Mie imi place ficul, dar voiam sa vad continuarea inainte sa imi dau cu parerea... :(

Clipul e foarte reusit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.