main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

World's Finest

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Collora Studios and TFN FanFilms bring you the highly anticipated "World's Finest". Marking the return of Clark Bartram as Batman, he must join Superman to save the world.

worldsfinest.fanfilms.com

2. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow TFN is spitting films out like crazy this week ...
    downloading now!

~Rory

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Surrre steal my first thread in months thunder away..... ;)

*Goes to download*

4. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Oh, cool...

Sage H.

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    To respond to Tac from the closed thread:

Yeah, but Reeves was not that buldgy!

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    it's taking forever to download :(

7. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm at 54%

Is Sandy's new hang out the gym, scoping for new huge talent?? :)

8. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm confuzzled. Is this just another trailer for a film that will never be made? If so, could people STOP doing that? You guys make these awesome half-films and leave us begging for more. Sheesh.

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, I'm busy picking my jaw up off the floor again. Second time in 3 days!

I'm not so sure about putting WB's logo at the start though...

10. NathanAlan

NathanAlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    I was skeptical. Now I'm not. Sandy has my respect. This is the fanfilm to set the mark, and by far the best to date. I don't care if it is only a trailer. It makes most look like a joke. I think he only spent $12,000 on it too, if I'm not mistaken. Beats the heck outta Dead End.

-comicfilmer

11. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    some good shots, some bad shots, some great shots; a lot of forced dialogue, I was entertained, and it was a nicely done piece. Good work Sandy ;)

12. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    JediTAC's Official abbreviated Review - WORLD'S FINEST

Okay .. just viewed WORLD'S FINEST. For the greater part, I really really liked it. It's a completely different presentation that Batman:Dead End ... so comparing the two films isn't really prudent.

It goes without saying that Mike O'Hearn fills the SUPERMAN costume very well. He also pulls of a pretty decent Clark Kent - didn't appear to be too bulky at all. His performance leaned a bit on the "Christopher Reeves" version of the character - not that this is necessarily a negative. However, it's always refreshing to see something a little different from portrayal to portrayal.

The one thing I wasn't crazy about (still speaking of the SUPERMAN character) was the proverbial "forehead hair curl." It just seemed too "forced" - if that is possible in hairstyling. Other than this minor nit pick, his physique is exactly what a portrayal of Superman needs (although, maybe one or two many "bodybuilding" poses in there).

Once again, Clark Bartram pulls off The Dark Knight beautifully - from his hardened expression and attitude as The Dark Knight, to his candid collectiveness as Bruce Wayne. (Where was Clark Bartram when Schumacher was casting the last two Batman films ??)

One thing I REALLY enjoyed was the blending of the old and the new with regard to the Sandy's depiction of Lex Luthor. He has taken the Smallville friendship of Clark and Lex, and combined it with the heated rivalry and "Secret Wars" persona of the early 1980's. It worked for me.

One character I did not enjoy the portrayal of .. Two-Face. Given the production value of virtually everything else in this short, the Two-Face makeup effects and performance seemed just a bit lackluster.

The last thing I want to comment on were some of the visual effects - specifically, the Superman Flying effects. Pretty well done, for the most part .. but they didn't blow me away like I would have kind of expected from a FanFilm of this magnitude. Truth be told, I would have liked to see a bit of wire work. Whether that was a possibilty or not, I don't know - so it's not really a negative, per se.

All in all, another very fine piece of work from Sandy Colloa. (Although I would have to agree with many others that these fantastic TEASERS are driving me nuts. MAKE A FULL FILM AlREADY !!!) :D

JediTAC

13. Surf_Rat

Surf_Rat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    Wow! That was impressive! My only question was, does Batman have cataracts? His eyes looked really funky.

Hmmm. Maybe that's where the term "blind as a bat" came from.

14. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    "Where was Clark when Schumacher was casting the last two Batman films"

Even if he was cast for Schumacher's film, it still would have sucked, it wasn't Val that ruined the movie, it was the director...

I agree with what you said about Two-Face.

I thought some of the Superman flying shots were laughable, cause it did (for me) give the illusion of flight, but rather looked like he was laying belly down on a platform that was on the back of a truck, I like how he turned the corners ;)

But still, Great! Though I did enjoy Dead End more!

15. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    For a fan film, it was excellent. However, I'm very glad Sandy never got his hands on either of the ACTUAL fanchises (Warners threw him out on his butt).

Collora's strong points are his designs, and while they are great, it is further proof that sometimes comic costumes do not translate exactly from page to screen very well. The guy who plays Supes looks great as Clark, but there is something off about his Superman.

The number one rule for any Batman project, be it cartoon, film, comic or game, is BATMAN DOES NOT GO OUT IN DAYLIGHT. It goes completely against his character, and he just looks goofy when he does it.

But for a $12,000 fan film it looks great.

16. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Batman have cataracts

I haven't seen this yet only 4 hours left to download - but in Batman: Dead End, they whited out Batman's eyes to give that classic comic book look.

-Spiff

17. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Downloading...

18. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    That was totally awesome. I have absolutely no complaints. Amazing stuff.

Keith

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Actually I found the clark portrayl that of Dean Cains 1st season of Lois and Clark.

I liked it. About time to see Batman as BATMAN not as an Alien and Predatator fighter. So seeing this side of Sandy's work was great!

I really found the actor playing Superman did a GREAT job, not stiff at all. It was nice to see that yes even on a lower key Superman could be done and done well. Even if he is just on the back of a truck flying....

I think the powerlines gave it away Crunchy :)

Also I think the Superman costume was fantastic was very much the classic "Reeve" version and worked nice. I think it shows that classic comic versions don't look TERRIBLE as many think.

20. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004
    Seeing anything to do with superheros now i just compare it to Grayson... Damn those people.

21. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Shouldn't be comparing any FanFilm to another.

Each project should be considered on it's own merits.

22. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004
    That only works in theory.

Edit: Just downloaded it and thought it was good, although don' like the fact that it's just a trailer. Dunno why, but Grayson worked as a trailer for me, but this didn't.

23. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I really don't like the dude who plays Batman, just doesn't look right. Superman, however. WOW, great job. That guy really looks the part, even as Clark Kent.

Overall, this was awesome!

24. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Holy ####! First Grayson and now this. Just incredible. So many comic book references that they can't all be mentioned - and all of them done to perfection. Makes you wish Mr. Collora got the greenlight for the real deal.

And where did the $12K budget and the "Warners threw him out on his butt" rumors come from?

25. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    grrrrr!!!!

why are all these awesome films being released in the summer when I have no high speed connection?!?! I swear it wouldn't surprise me at all if tydirium was released this week. damn you 56k!!!

I'll have to wait about a month to see this, Grayson, Freddy vs. Ghostbusters, etc. and I can't wait

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.