main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Worldwide Tatooine Federation (WTF)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    When is our next get to together?????

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Hopefully soon, but I heard that the WTF is shortly coming to an end. We need to fight to keep our group, or proud values and customs intact! We have come too far, seen too much, to simply vanish into the night. Just because our group acronym seems to mean something else, they want to end us. Come to think of it, I have no clue what else it stands for. I have always assumed it was, indeed, Worldwide Tatooine Federation.

Attica!

Brandon

3. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    My thoughts excatly!

4. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Well, I responded to the other issue on the other post but I wanted to reply to this one to answer your original question Dale. I think we should do the viewing of the new release but that would be next month. Most of us did Susan's or my parties & the bowling get together so I guess we could count those as our July/August meetings.
    Anyone up for miniature golf? I think that might be fun to watch us all try to chase little balls. We should take pictures though to commemorate our little get togethers.
    We started with just meetings at the library & lunch, we've now pogressed in to canoe trips, parties, bowling, movie watching, barbeques and so much more. We've had a good time (at least I think we have) and I hope we will continue.
    GO WTF!
    Melanie

5. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Shake your booty!

6. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Minituare golf sounds pretty awsome! I've dont it like 50 times at Congo River! (by taco bell and chuck'e'cheese... I think ...). Thats the best place I thinks. If you do anything in August the 21st and the 28th look like good days. YOU DECIDE! (since everyone knows I will prolly not make the meeting or anything anyways, lol, I suck :))

-Anthony

7. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm going to be a bit occupied over the next few weekends with SCUBA classes & Labor Day weekend with visiting family. I wonder if we could do something September 11th Saturday? That's such a great day to get together, don't you think? Mini golf was only a suggestion. Since we've been trying new things I thought that'd be fun but maybe save that for a cooler time of the year?
    The poor library & the Globe must miss us. Should we return there or keep them waiting?
    Plus we need to do the DVD release party. I volunteer my sound system & TV unless someone else wants that honor?
    Lastly, a heads up, Campbell aka Sabacc doesn't have a phone line (due to Charley) so doesn't have dial up access & can't AIM, or read his emails, so don't think he's being rude. He's actually pretty frustrated over this. I have to go...
    Melanie

8. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    Well I do know that that weekend of 11 September is when Universal has their "Rock the Universe" concert thing with all those z88.3 types of Christian bands and such. I dont know how many of you are into that stuff, but I have gone a few times now and it's pretty fun. They have a few concerts going on throught the park at once and it goes 'til midnight or 1 am. And even better yet, if you dont want to listen to the bands you can still go on all the rides! I think the site is www.rocktheuniverse.com . I know that is where I will be on the evening of the 11th. Anyone interested is welcome to come! (Tickets are $36.95 per person... a bit pricy... its just an idea).

You can also mini golf at night, so the temperature really isnt a problem.

9. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be working those nights.

L8r

10. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    The other topic was locked, so this is the next best place to post continuing discussion on it. I am actually rather excited at what has happened around here. At least the forum is active, and, in the end, is that not what is truely important? I mean, there are actually, no joke, other forums on here discussing how many turbo lasers a Star Destroyer has on it and what the linguistic characteristics of the Twi'lek language are. THOSE topics should be locked, for the sake of all mankind. Really.

At any rate, now that it is locked, I cannot respond to specific posts there, and there were a few seeing as how I have been absent for a week or so. I still find it funny that there are those out there in this world, or country at least, that think there are "curse" words. Words are what you make of them, nothing more. To consider certain words better OR worse than others shows a sign of a lack of intelligence, rational thought gone. Words are simply sounds coming from our bodies that create a certain language within a culture, society, whatever. I feel, have ALWAYS felt, that to edit anything, even a word, proves that conversation is not wanted. Now, in saying that, I also feel that if someone says something that another disagrees with or takes "issue" with, that person has the right to say so. Discourse, it really is a great thing.

This is what I have to say to those that would edit stuff:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/dean1.jpg]

Still, I am working on a "Final Solution" to this problem. Plans are in motion. Oh, yes, they are.

Brandon

11. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    My question is, where's Ia been? I figured she would have popped in during all of this.

12. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Words aren't dangerous. The ideas behind them are.

Words are just words, IMO. Sure, I put up filters when I'm speaking with certain people in certain situations, but that's just to be polite. If someone uses profanity in front me, I don't care. When I grow comfortable enough around you I'll be sure to use it, too. Everyone knows these words. Why? Because they are great at getting our point across. Why come up with a 5 word phrase for something we can simply say in one?

I mean, would you rather **** like rabbits or engage in sexual intercourse like rabbits?

Exactly.

OTOH, this is a privately owned board and I think we should all do our best to abide by the rules. We may think them stupid, but we agreed to play nice when we registered here. We can't blame the mods for doing their job. Now, if people seriously want to be able to use profanity with no consequences, well, we should create our own board then. Which I could easily construct and add to our website, for what it's worth.

Speaking of the website, I know Steph is gone already, but I am working on it, I promise. I recently realized that to work on 20 things simultaneously means that there are 20 things not getting done so I'm in the process of drawing up a time table for myself to designate certain times for certain tasks. The upshot is that while those 20 different things still won't be fully completed for a while, they will make recognizable progress on a semi-regular basis.

So what this all means is that by Labor Day I hope to have the place fully up and running. From that point on the only changes should be updates for meeting times and other info.

L8r

13. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I mean, come on, did we really agree to abide by the "rules"? All I did was click on "I Agree" or whatever at the time and didn't read at hing. Isn't that what we all really do? I have no clue what the rules are here, nor do I care.

I am not saying that in order to sound "tough" or "mean," or anything of the sort. It's simply the truth. I am just going to continue to post as I have always posted. If I ever get something edited, it won't mean a thing to me, and I'll post it that way again if I have the urge to do so. It's a non-issue for me. Like I said before that other topic got locked, if I get banned, I'll simply create another account. If I get banned longer, I'll create another, then another, etc. If, somehow, there is a magical super way that they can ban me from making accounts (which I don't see how that is possible), I'll simply log on under someone else who will not mind that I do so. Don't we all want a Pikaroth2, Pikaroth3, Pikaroth4, Pikaroth5, etc.? Hmm... a clone army... may not be a bad idea. :)

Brandon

14. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Not trying to say this in a bad way, but Im beginning to think we might need a more active CR. Nothing against the one we have right now. I dont think Ia has been around for a while. Shes got a lot going on right now I assume, with a wedding to plan now.

Im just at a loss for words right now, I mean I really cant put what I want to say into words.

As for you reconsidering, thats fine. You upset a few of us with your attitude, and theres only a handful of us here. We're a tightknit little group, and I for one dont want you around me. How others feel thats up to them, it is after all a free country. I dont like the way you handled things to be honest. All I said was I know who I wont be inviting, maybe what Brandon wrote offended you? First impressions are everything.

Not that I agree with that little arguement between Anthony and Melissa, but I think Anthony did a little baiting himself there but you only edited her I mean all she was she didnt like his costume and that some people are too nice. I think that if you are going to enforce the rules you dont need to be one sided. I dont know excatly who you were refering to about panties being in a bunch, could that not be considered flaming towards whoever? I wear boxers, not briefs or panties. I dont think its fair that you can type what you want, but if we respond and you dont like it youll edit it. I think that the panties remark should be edited out. And my other question is, where are some of the other moderators. I dont think anything has been edited here in a long time (not that is shouldnt have been), and there was some good things said a few months ago.

Now back to the topic, we need to plan a little get together and soon. That way we can remain offical. When is the SCUBA class over with you two? Im thinking about going and seeing AVP tonight. I just gotta see it on the big screen. Thats all for now.

Dale

15. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    This whole thing isnt worth arguing over anymore anyways, so lets get to doing what this forum was made for.

MEETING PLANNING: So far it sounds like some of you people will be having schedule conflicts on the saturdays of this month. Maybe next month would be better unless someone wants to try and throw something together. September Saturdays are as follows: the 4th, the 11th, the 18th, and the 25th. If we can decide on one of those days that'd make things easier around here.

16. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    This forum was intended for more than just meeting planning. Now this thread was for our next get together, which by the way doesnt have to be a meeting at the library. And be honest how many have you attended total? I can recall only the one you and your father came to. If youre gonna vote on meeting dates, it would be a good idea if you came. I recall that we changed a meeting date just for you and you still didnt show up. I understand that youre 15 and it might be hard to get around but when its comes to the voting please make an effort to attend or dont vote. Im not trying to sound mean or start any baiting or flaming. Just stating how I feel, I have nothing against you, so dont think Im trying to pick on you.

17. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    As for Ia's involvement lately....

I know that it has mostly to do with her trying to finish up her finals this semester and start her new job. Give her a few more days, and I think she'll be back around more. She was just saying a couple days ago something about getting back on the boards.

As far as meeting times....I'm game for any Saturday, except that September 4th is Labor Day weekend, so some people may not be around then. Just a thought...

18. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I have figured if I cant make the meetings due to schedule and religion conflicts, I might as well help your guys get organized, since you seem to be lacking in that because of the whole WTF thread distracting everyone.

19. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Why not just vote online? Since you all know that every member isn't going to be able to make it (this doesn't make them less of a member, conflicts just happen). If you're worried about an insecure poll here then have someone make one on yahoo or have a central e-mail address that everyone can mail their names too. I assume that you all know who the active members, online or not, are so you can get their e-mails and go from there. This would prevent random people from voting, which would probably happen if you did a poll on these boards. So just make an announcment and finalize it once and for all.

Something that I've noticed really helps getting attendance up also is having a set weekend every month. That way people know way in advance when they make their plans and if some people can't make it, oh well, they'll come next month, but the more rescheduling that happens to get every member to attend often leads to no one attending.

Just a few things I thought up when reading through the threads :)

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Something that I've noticed really helps getting attendance up also is having a set weekend every month. That way people know way in advance when they make their plans and if some people can't make it, oh well, they'll come next month, but the more rescheduling that happens to get every member to attend often leads to no one attending.

Great idea. As someone who frequently works on the weekends, if there was a set day each month for the meeting it would be a lot easier for me to make arrangements to attend than to wait for everyone to agree on a date and then scramble to see if I can get the day off. Obviously, if a holiday comes up or something the date can be moved or cancelled, but otherwise I think having a fixed day each month, say every third Saturday or something, would make things easier on people like myself and Campbell to attend.

Food for thought.

And I agree with Dale: we don't always have to meet at the library either. The availability of a conference room at the library shouldn't preclude us from meeting.

L8r

21. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey i tried to hold a vote on meetings and times and people wanted to crew my brain off. As for the foul nature of these boards..... rules are rules. I think the rules are that you go where there are rules that you like. You dont go somewhere and change their rules. don't be the only girl superhero at the all white men super hero club... it just wont turn out good. In the end you will find out they are al shovenistic pigs and you didnt want in anyway. Therefore, just play by the rules or find somewhere where there are rules that you like.

22. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The earlier we determine a day for a meeting the better my chances of attending, similar to what Brandon just said. And I really do look forward to getting together again. I like the library because it's central, and I like the library, but the main reason we started going there is because they have the space. So places with space, and maybe just a little privacy (like not a bookstore), get my vote. Outside places would also work for some of us... well, me.

23. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Ia,

Not to sound mean but this has pretty much been resolved. Day late and a dollar short.

24. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    glad to hear it is all resolved.... how about we mix things up and do a lunch first meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.